The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's an idea:

Gut the Supercharged building but keep the Fast and Furious theme. Make a SFX indoor coaster that would be Fast and Furious themed. The building is large enough for that.

While I still would detest the Mummy leaving, at least the GP would be more accepting of that happening if an new F&F themed indoor coaster took Supercharged's place.
I like the idea. You could put anything in that show building. As it stands, it towers over the SanFran façade…for what? 2 preshows and an overhyped planetarium screen? C’mon.

Reactions: UPSguy and Freak
Best line during my vacation last week...We were on the water taxi returning to Sapphire Falls Hotel. We just emerged through the last tunnel and were about 100 yards from the dock. The boat Captain gets on the microphone
and asks the guests if any of them rode Fast and Furious yet. A few show of hands. Then the Captain replied, "I promise all of you that our finale will be more exciting than the Fast & Furious finale"....Crowd laughs loudly. .. :lol:

Best line during my vacation last week...We were on the water taxi returning to Sapphire Falls Hotel. We just emerged through the last tunnel and were about 100 yards from the dock. The boat Captain gets on the microphone
and asks the guests if any of them rode Fast and Furious yet. A few show of hands. Then the Captain replied, "I promise all of you that our finale will be more exciting than the Fast & Furious finale"....Crowd laughs loudly. .. :lol:

man, I will miss the days of staying on site, do they still have the same music loop on the boats? I dig hearing 'rock the boat -- don't tip the boat over' I hated disco at the time, but the water taxis have a good 70's mix about them!

man, I will miss the days of staying on site, do they still have the same music loop on the boats? I dig hearing 'rock the boat -- don't tip the boat over' I hated disco at the time, but the water taxis have a good 70's mix about them!
Every captain is different on what they do. Seems very few play a music loop. Most are quiet. But a few are really good with entertaining commentary.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
The boat Captain gets on the microphone

We had the same captain a couple of weeks ago when we stayed there, same reaction, big laughs from the boat, then everyone talking about how bad that ride is for the last couple of minutes before getting off. When your ride is a punchline at your park, the time to change it out is past due!

Realistically, what are the odds Universal replaces this ride within the next 5 years? I feel like USO would add another attraction first, before tackling this mess

Realistically, what are the odds Universal replaces this ride within the next 5 years? I feel like USO would add another attraction first, before tackling this mess

It’s an overall improvement if this attraction closes. Another ride doesn’t need to open first.

Reactions: UPSguy
I think we see a Supercharged replacement about 1-2 years after Epic Universe. I do think it stays as F&F, but is a totally new ride.

For those who believe Universal will not build anything new for a year or so after EU, I think execs will double down on making their destination a full week vacation and continue to add and enhance the existing parks each year.

Last edited:
Funny, we must have all had the same boat driver....or all the drivers are using that same joke. The version my driver said was "This ride is better than that one."

Also to the person who asked about music, there was one driver who only played music but it was "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Paradise City" with the volume turned up to the max. Even though I like both songs, I couldn't get off that boat fast enough. It was sensory overload. Is it driver's choice what music plays?