Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

Jul 13, 2018
Ever since Fast and Furious: Supercharged first tripped into the sunlight, rumors have abounded of potential fixes, replacements, and reworks of the Fast and Furious concept. Recently, certain rumors about the ride's replacement/rework have gained more traction, so I figured that a thread would be a more appropriate place for these discussions than the Epic Universe thread.

Feel free to sound off about Knight Bus rumors, a new F&F ride, and whether M&B will go for any of these new additions.

IMO, the Knight Bus is a perfect overlay for Supercharged. Change the setting and scenes to London, modify the party bus into the Knight Bus with an animatronic shrunken head providing ride narration, end the ride outside of Diagon Alley and viola! Brand new WWoHP attraction. Although now I suppose SF becomes the suburbs of London and lose the wharf.

EDIT: Realized changing the outside of the attraction to London's suburbs could also provide a walk-through attraction of the Dursley's house, complete with some magical mischief.

Last edited:
The problem I see with a Knight Bus 'overlay' on Supercharged is that the ride itself is simply awful. Even with Universal's stellar theming and immersion, the ride portion itself will still be lackluster, especially if it once again tries to pass off an exhilarating experience. Which would be a shame when you include the other WWoHP rides that are all outstanding. The property, especially given it's standing within the parks, deserves better than a simple re-skin.

I also wonder about how they would handle changing San Francisco to London, since you couldn't just plop the Knight Bus ride into SF as is.

This feels like it would cost way too much to pull off, as it would necessitate the demolition, and construction, of two areas in the same general time frame. Not to mention, a Knight Bus retheme of Supercharged would suffer from the same issue of being another screen-based ride in a park that's full of them already.

I feel like it would make more sense if they gutted Supercharged and built a new trackless dark ride. Meanwhile, Men In Black (and Cat in the Hat for that matter) could get a new ride system by Sally and, eventually, could be replaced by another IP (Ex: Battlestar Galactica if there is market demand for it).

This feels like it would cost way too much to pull off, as it would necessitate the demolition, and construction, of two areas in the same general time frame. Not to mention, a Knight Bus retheme of Supercharged would suffer from the same issue of being another screen-based ride in a park that's full of them already.

I feel like it would make more sense if they gutted Supercharged and built a new trackless dark ride. Meanwhile, Men In Black (and Cat in the Hat for that matter) could get a new ride system by Sally and, eventually, could be replaced by another IP (Ex: Battlestar Galactica if there is market demand for it).
Universal knows how to overlay on a tight budget

If it's a play by play from the movies it could be fun

Plus a more enclosed version of that RV would hide the top and bottoms of the screen

Add in 3D and I think it could be really cool

Question: If this becomes the knight bus do you guys think it’ll be a better ride than Flight of the hipogriff? Genuine question. I mean i love kong, so it could be great, but that’s mainly because it’s so much more than the screen where fnf feels like the only notable things you see are onscreen

IMO, the Knight Bus is a perfect overlay for Supercharged. Change the setting and scenes to London, modify the party bus into the Knight Bus with an animatronic shrunken head providing ride narration, end the ride outside of Diagon Alley and viola! Brand new WWoHP attraction. Although now I suppose SF becomes the suburbs of London and lose the wharf.

EDIT: Realized changing the outside of the attraction to London's suburbs could also provide a walk-through attraction of the Dursley's house, complete with some magical mischief.
Omg privot drive walk through would be awesome!

I think it’s a good idea to replace Fast and Furious, my only concern is would they re theme Lombards and Richter’s Burger so it becomes a part of London?

I wonder if this is connected to the rumored Phase 2 of Universal Studios Hollywood's Lower Lot expansion. I can easily see USH Mummy get trashed soon to make way for a new Fast and Furious coaster, which would in turn be cloned to Universal Studios Florida.

Or (this idea will probably get me killed) both Mummy coasters get rethemed to Fast and Furious as a low budget option.

Last edited: