The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ye
What I've gathered is that Universal's been using some of the "dead" areas of Lost Continent for meet-and-greet type things, which are being accompanied by pop music. I'm hoping that those get nixed if/when Poseidon's Fury opens up again.

But yeah, it's a great loop. Very evocative and sets a mysterious mood.
Yeah I hope they bring it back! The new music does not fit! Take this with a grain of salt but I saw on Twitter today a TM said they were calling people back to work on Poseidon’s Fury so maybe it will be re-opening this summer?

I believe the change of music was simply for the character photo ops setup in front of Poseidon. I'd guess when that goes away the music will go back.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Poseidon will re-open with the summer crowds. I think we're in for an extra busy summer based on pent up demand.

So what's up with Poseidon's Fury? Is it a Stitch's Great Escape situation, where they keep insisting it'll reopen, meanwhile if someone were to go in right now they'd find it mostly scrapped?

So what's up with Poseidon's Fury? Is it a Stitch's Great Escape situation, where they keep insisting it'll reopen, meanwhile if someone were to go in right now they'd find it mostly scrapped?
If they can - they really should bring it back when Velocicoaster opens. Would definitely helped break up crowds in the JP/HP part of the park.

Also, looking through older pages, holy crap how down I would be for Waterworld to come to IoA. Never been to Hollywood, but I've seen videos of the show and it looks amazing. Though, I'd prefer if they went with the pre-2014 version where most of the Deacon's goons die from making the awesome jumps off the tower to avoid the plane, and not two of them dying from a light kick into the water.

Poseidon may be used as extended extended queue for VelociCoaster in June. Still unsure if that’s still the case, but they were reportedly getting its queue and backstage extended queue ready for at least the VelociCoaster’s opening day. So, I don’t expect Poseidon to reopen this summer. But you never know.

Poseidon may be used as extended extended queue for VelociCoaster in June. Still unsure if that’s still the case, but they were reportedly getting its queue and backstage extended queue ready for at least the VelociCoaster’s opening day. So, I don’t expect Poseidon to reopen this summer. But you never know.
That actually makes a lot more sense.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Lost Continent is essentially becoming a nicely themed extended queue with a wonderful restaurant attached. It’s weird haha. I don’t see how this land doesn’t get the axe as soon as Universal is ready.

That's horrible news.

If it's not coming back to add extra capacity for summer crowds, I fear it won't ever come back.
I genuinely feel this is a social distancing issue and a world class coaster opening. Hagrid’s had no social distancing and was used for a closed show. I really believe this is for Covid, but I wouldn’t be shocked if your theory is right either.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
Lost Continent is essentially becoming a nicely themed extended queue with a wonderful restaurant attached. It’s weird haha. I don’t see how this land doesn’t get the axe as soon as Universal is ready.
If things aren’t ever gonna open again, I’d hope Universal being ready is sooner rather than later. Toon Lagoon Theater area is already sad enough

Reactions: Coolbfitz
If things aren’t ever gonna open again, I’d hope Universal being ready is sooner rather than later. Toon Lagoon Theater area is already sad enough
Let’s hope Nintendo gets impatient about future expansions once EU gets going and we can get Zelda here. I love LC, but it’s more just the writing is on the wall here.

I really think it will re-open with summer. This summer will be crazy busy with things returning to "normal" soon and they'll need all the capacity they can get. Expect Wimpy's and La Bamba to re-open as well...

I don't see Poseidon reopening until social distancing measures go down like... 95% lol. Last time I went back in September it was dreadful. The show lasted twice as long with all of that extra time being spent individually moving each group to each room. Poor Taylor had to improv forever. I'm already not a huge Poseidon's fan, but that run made me pledge off of it until the world goes back to relative normalcy.

Everybody’s all giddy about the new coaster, and I just want Poseidon’s Fury back for my next trip...
b6c.gif

I don't think there's really any mystery to this. It doesn't make sense to run Poseidon's Fury until social distancing is no longer a thing. As others have said, takes too long to "safely" move the groups into place, and there aren't enough people in each cycle to make running it feasible.