The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The resort already has a state of the art stunt show. What they need is a high quality musical stage show. Something like Grinchmas!, but good for all seasons.

flash-gordon-40th-anniversary-600x800.jpg

Didn’t Uni distribute Spectre? Dunno if that would’ve given them a free license (no pun intended) to do Bond, but in any event the appeal of synergy likely made Bourne more appealing.

Of course, I assume they’re going to have to find a new show for HHN.

There was concept art floating around for a 007 show in Fear Factor Live but I don't think they ever officially got the rights. Was a confusing period where there was split ownership of some concepts, but I believe that's all been cleared up, and end result is I don't think Universal.

The resort already has a state of the art stunt show. What they need is a high quality musical stage show. Something like Grinchmas!, but good for all seasons.

flash-gordon-40th-anniversary-600x800.jpg

Hey, if you're going to make a show from an old bomb, at least make it a cult classic with a high kitsch factor. This could be a Hatbox Ghost/Orange Bird level merch-seller with the superfans.

Part of me wishes Kong would have been put where Sindbad is now. With a little 8th Wonder Expedition Food Outpost and Gift Shop. The current space would have been saved for another JP ride of some kind

Buuut, I also like where they decided to put it and it probably cost less

Part of me wishes Kong would have been put where Sindbad is now. With a little 8th Wonder Expedition Food Outpost and Gift Shop. The current space would have been saved for another JP ride of some kind

Buuut, I also like where they decided to put it and it probably cost less

This ignores the fact that 1) Kong breaks up a large block of outdoor, water based rides 2) balances out Potter

I was just looking up at the bluesky and had a thought.

How about Universal teams up with Peter Jackson/WETA on an EPIC mega E-Ticket boat ride. One so good they could do the Disney thing and base a movie on the theme park attraction. Take both Sindbad and Poseidon and combine the land for the MASSIVE show building. And the theme is...

"Orpheus In The Underworld"

The Ferryman takes you down The River Styx into the bowels of the earth so Orpheus can convince Hades to release his beloved Eurydice.

charon-ferry-man-led-lantern-figurine-18.jpg

Make it a Pirates/Shanghai scale adventure where you encounter gorgons, a cyclops, LOTS of dead people and the God of the Dead himself. It is a love story for the ages. And one of the tales they literally created the word "epic" for.

And we get to keep Mythos!

Last edited:

How about Universal teams up with Peter Jackson/WETA on an EPIC mega E-Ticket boat ride. One so good they could do the Disney thing and base a movie on the theme park attraction. Take both Sindbad and Poseidon and combine the land for the MASSIVE show building. And the theme is...

The Ferryman takes you down The River Styx into the bowels of the earth so Orpheus can convince Hades to release his beloved Eurydice.

Make it a Pirates/Shanghai scale adventure where you encounter gorgons, a cyclops, LOTS of dead people and the God of the Dead himself. It is a love story for the ages. And one of the tales they literally created the word "epic" for.

Yes, and also a mythology themed Mack Mega Coaster :freak:

“Hadestown: The Ride”

I think a Shanghai Pirates type “Voyages of Sinbad” would better suited for LC though. At the very least, it could be more family-accessible than Eurydice. And I’d still put a “Trials of Hercules” dark ride on the Poseidon plot.

“Hadestown: The Ride”

I think a Shanghai Pirates type “Voyages of Sinbad” would better suited for LC though. At the very least, it could be more family-accessible than Eurydice. And I’d still put a “Trials of Hercules” dark ride on the Poseidon plot.
I was originally thinking Perseus vs Medusa. But then thought of the final scene of a Perseus AA standing there triumphantly holding up Medusa's severed head and thought, well...maybe not.

If they could pull off Perseus VS The Kraken, that would be awesome.

I'll ask the dumb question that may have been asked before.

Unless UC moves backstage stuff/expands their literal current area (remember the fun buying Dr Phillips rumor?) is there anyway for IOA to expand behind LC to extend that area a bit? I just feel Zelda needs more space if this is what the best option for that area is.

If not, Im KFP all day long. IOA needs indoor stuff, SO GIVE US AN INDOOR LAND

I'll ask the dumb question that may have been asked before.

Unless UC moves backstage stuff/expands their literal current area (remember the fun buying Dr Phillips rumor?) is there anyway for IOA to expand behind LC to extend that area a bit? I just feel Zelda needs more space if this is what the best option for that area is.

If not, Im KFP all day long. IOA needs indoor stuff, SO GIVE US AN INDOOR LAND
You'd be surprised how much wasted space there is in Lost Continent. The land is honestly huge, but you don't feel it, because most of it is currently occupied by Poseidon's Fury, the abandoned stunt show/stadium, Mythos, Fire Eaters and since all attractions in the land are closed right now, it's really just turned into a land that people walk past to get to Potter for about the last 10 years.

But there's plenty of land, as long as they use it effectively and don't waste anything.

You'd be surprised how much wasted space there is in Lost Continent.
*Looks at Sindbad and Poseidon spaces*

Nah...I can see why you'd say that

I really believe current day Universal could fit two major lands in place of LC

Honestly, I think Kung Fu Panda, but outdoors would be my favorite pick

Obviously Mythos would just turn into the Jade Palace

Some of the support facilities could move to the south property theoretically. Or the could do things like they did for the Hogwarts Express where it just goes over support facilities.
I mean, how else am I going to get my permanent bridge to USF?

This is a joke. I went to HHN in 2004, and that walk is a haul

Back to Zelda, what attractions would they even create from the game?

Last edited: