The Future of PortAventura | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of PortAventura

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, weather is a big factor, for sure, but it's not like there's no way to build a park for that climate. The thing is, when you can choose between a much better, warmer climate and one that's, well, not that I think I would know which one to choose. Either way, there are so many things at play here...

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I can now fully confirm that Page Thompson, president of New Ventures Universal was walking around PortAventura park with PAW's David Garcia and another PAW executive. I've seen the photo and I have it, but I unfortunately cannot share it until the source does, there's legality problems with sharing a photo that wasn't consensual as well. Either way, how would you explain this? Personally, after all that's been shared here, it seems like a confirmation that there's something at work here!

I can now fully confirm that Page Thompson, president of New Ventures Universal was walking around PortAventura park with PAW's David Garcia and another PAW executive. I've seen the photo and I have it, but I unfortunately cannot share it until the source does, there's legality problems with sharing a photo that wasn't consensual as well. Either way, how would you explain this? Personally, after all that's been shared here, it seems like a confirmation that there's something at work here!
My guess is because they are selling the park. :lmao:

Reactions: Legacy and Calmix
My guess is because they are selling the park. :lmao:
Why would the President of New Ventures be there?

If it were to deal with IP problems, the Universal Products and Experiences would be there, not New Ventures, as they’re the ones that handle all of the licensing…

Reactions: Calmix

If it were to deal with IP problems, the Universal Products and Experiences would be there, not New Ventures, as they’re the ones that handle all of the licensing…
I'd circle back to pages 22 and 23 for everyone's takes on that. By no means did anyone doubt the tour happened when it was initially reported and takes were given back then on what it could mean. Whether it leads to something, time shall tell.

Just a small clarification. UP&E (formerly Brand) handles consumer products like toys and games and merchandising,, Anything theme park related like IP licensing routes through UDX. Aventura pays UDX for woody woodpecker and shrek, though both divisions are now closely tied

I'm sorry, but no one ever denied this happened. This is not the proof you think it is. It was questioned what it meant. Several people, myself included, pointed out that it's pretty standard practice to go and have a look and kick the tyres if there is even a low chance of a sale.

Of course, this is all moot, as the goalposts were moved, and certain actors were telling us, just wait an announcement was days away. When it's clear from today's reporting that PAW are very meant still for sale.

I'd circle back to pages 22 and 23 for everyone's takes on that. By no means did anyone doubt the tour happened when it was initially reported and takes were given back then on what it could mean. Whether it leads to something, time shall tell.
Sorry, I haven’t been following all that well.

Reactions: Tbad556
I hated to post it--you know I hated to post it, but it is something that while scary, is something valid to consider if they are desperate for money and can't get Universal/Comcast.
Scary yes. Blackstone is to theme parks as Galactus was to worlds when he hungered. Best thing Comcast ever did was buy out Blackstone's share of Universal. They sure ruined BGW, BGTampa, & Sea World parks.

It’s like you looking at the menus at different Hollywood Studios restaurants when we all know you’re going to be eating rat pizza.
If that's the analogy we're using then why weren't NBCU management seen looking round the UK parks, cos we all know none of them at Studios are worth eating at

Reactions: Dalt Wisney
Politics/rumors/insiders/etc aside, a park makes more sense in Spain vs the UK just based on the weather alone. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Efteling in the Netherlands is a 365 park and has pretty much the same climate as the South East of England.

Just cathcing up on all of this. What did this missing tweet suggest or say about the UK possibility?
Multiple people (and not just one guy) have been hearing on the subject of NBCUniversal planning to do a park within the UK.

There is a dedicated thread outside of here, and the rumor has some ranging as it has been found out of Comcast purchasing a mysterious plot of land at that of 271 acres. There is even a holding company for the rumor, as opposed for PortAventura.