The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It
I would assume that’s a backend user error before assuming it means anything about Simpsons. Even if it is going away in 2028, it’s safe to assume it’ll be in operation for a few more years at least. I don’t think they’d intentionally remove it from the site unless it was officially closed, or if some change was imminent, and obviously nothing is imminent and everything is still operating.
It’s definitely a mistake. It’s universal after all…

"Springfield" didn't appear on Universal Orlando maps for quite a while after the land was introduced. I don't remember the exact details, but it sounds like negotiations/approvals had to happen with those stakeholders... so I wouldn't read too much into its non-presence here.
Actually Universal Hollywood lumped attractions into lands and Simpsons and Mummy were not. This lead the website theme park insider to speculate the reason why Simpsons and Mummy were not given lands is due to that these attractions are not long for this world. Simpsons will have to go by 2028 and Mummy is also on the chopping block as it did got get the same upgrades that Orlando got recently. Here is the article breaking down the new lands

Actually Universal Hollywood lumped attractions into lands and Simpsons and Mummy were not. This lead the website theme park insider to speculate the reason why Simpsons and Mummy were not given lands is due to that these attractions are not long for this world. Simpsons will have to go by 2028 and Mummy is also on the chopping block as it did got get the same upgrades that Orlando got recently. Here is the article breaking down the new lands

The idea that a web update would precede any kind of announcement or at least some heavy, heavy rumors is a stretch. I guess if a “The Simpsons is officially closing” announcement comes in the next week or so, then this would be accurate.

EDIT: Also, The Mummy will never die, this was established in the official thread. Imhotep lives.

I wouldn't put much stock into that TPI comment. That wasn't from the main page of the site (Robert Niles). That was just a comment on the Discussion page by a random member, just like
the member comments here. Now, if Niles would make that comment on a story on the front page, then it might have some validity.

I still think Simpsons will leave in 2026 at the earliest. 2028 is the year of the LA olympics and with the crowds that will descend upon LA they can't afford to lose any capacity. While terms of the contract are known when it comes to when in 2028 Simpsons have to go, a likely date is May 2028 as that would mark 20 years from when the ride first opened. I think the best option for a ride to replace Simpsons should be a Midway Mania style attraction. It would be a great option for families and would give USH it's version of Villain Con Minion Blast.

I think the best option for a ride to replace Simpsons should be a Midway Mania style attraction. It would be a great option for families and would give USH it's version of Villain Con Minion Blast.
To me, Mario Kart basically is USH's Midway Mania. It's actually the attraction I use as a comparison when trying to describe the ride to people. But I do think the future of Universal Creative is gonna include a lot of interactives, so another one wouldn't surprise me

Reactions: chris.g and Freak
I don’t think Springfield is leaving at all. Simpsons Ride is prime real estate for another actual coaster though if they decide to go that route…
I the Fast Food Boulevard portion of Springfield can be rethemed with the same food options. The Simpsons Ride building has to come down at some point due to it's condition. If they can get an extension on the contract it will likely be through the olympics with the ride closing down after the olympics. What they want to do with the contract only time will tell.

Agreed. The more I think about it, the more I think a license extension would be mutually beneficial enough where both parties might be interested. USH has bigger fish to fry before 2028
Licensing things died with the streaming wars. Disney did not buy fox for billions to license out any of it. Also I am sure it will be good for universal to have something new for 2028 they can advertise, but the park is crowded now and still going to be crowded after. LA is already one of the top tourist places in the world. By the time 2028 rolls around is Olympic viewership going to be even less? I suppose maybe the parks are going to be paying every influencer on earth to come for free at the same time. If Comcast really wants something to push they need a second park.

Licensing things died with the streaming wars. Disney did not buy fox for billions to license out any of it.
Disney I believe has expressed interest in licensing things as they're recovering from Chapekavirus. This would be a good time for Universal to jump on that

Also I am sure it will be good for universal to have something new for 2028 they can advertise, but the park is crowded now and still going to be crowded after. LA is already one of the top tourist places in the world. By the time 2028 rolls around is Olympic viewership going to be even less? I suppose maybe the parks are going to be paying every influencer on earth to come for free at the same time. If Comcast really wants something to push they need a second park.
I believe a big part of the 2028 push is not just to attract guests, but to add park capacity. The park also does still go through large patches of very slow season, time will tell if SNW remedies that. USH will absolutely not be getting a second park. There is no room and frankly, they still have expansion space in the current park that really needs work. Also LA is sure to see a tourism boom in 2028, and will likely synergise the hell out of the parks as Comcast is hosting the Olympics. Those two combined will help the park quite a bit I'm sure

Licensing things died with the streaming wars. Disney did not buy fox for billions to license out any of it. Also I am sure it will be good for universal to have something new for 2028 they can advertise, but the park is crowded now and still going to be crowded after. LA is already one of the top tourist places in the world. By the time 2028 rolls around is Olympic viewership going to be even less? I suppose maybe the parks are going to be paying every influencer on earth to come for free at the same time. If Comcast really wants something to push they need a second park.
A few weeks back, a specific analyst informed that Disney was looking to go back to Licensing, due to the losses caused by streaming. There are also analysts seemingly noting that Disney may be game to give up Hulu if it means they can get certain IP from Universal.

I wouldn’t rule it out so easily. But I will still say, if the contract gets renewed: the current Simpsons ride won’t be there.

Reactions: Cygnus
Disney I believe has expressed interest in licensing things as they're recovering from Chapekavirus. This would be a good time for Universal to jump on that

I believe a big part of the 2028 push is not just to attract guests, but to add park capacity. The park also does still go through large patches of very slow season, time will tell if SNW remedies that. USH will absolutely not be getting a second park. There is no room and frankly, they still have expansion space in the current park that really needs work. Also LA is sure to see a tourism boom in 2028, and will likely synergise the hell out of the parks as Comcast is hosting the Olympics. Those two combined will help the park quite a bit I'm sure
Bob Iger is the one who spent all that money for fox. In the age of dynamic pricing and the current LA market having a "very slow season" is a choice to keep baseline pricing high. Now surely there are always peak days that are going to be the same times every year but Universal definitely has demand to spread out crowds and encourage attendance on historically slower days if they wanted to. Disneyland just greatly expanded the number of the cheaper tier days because they probably realized they overcompensated trying to keep average prices high vs demand.

Also I wanted to point out Universal in Hollywood is frankly a shite value on what they are charging vs any of the cheap days at Disneyland. Disneyland has night time shows and like double the major rides.

I mean this in the most respectful way but there is absolutely no idea even you know what you are talking about.

Disney has a plethora of solid IP's that they do little, or nothing, with. Except for that spurt a couple of years ago, they don't really expand, with new attractions, much. Simpsons is
a solid license moneymaker for Disney. Springfield is a solid moneymaker for Universal. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. My guess is that the deal gets extended. It's good
business, in it's current status, for both companies.

I mean, if it does and other area's of the parks get new lands then cool but while I love the area the ride is like in its last leg and would just like the ride to not be more fun to ride.

At the very least they have to eventually replace the Simpsons Ride right? Or do a major refurb? The ride's coming up on 40 years.
I hope so last time I went on it not even a month ago, it was just not fun and my god does that thing make noises in the loading room. My friend with me asked if its suppose to be that loud and told him how old it was, lol