Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shrek 5

Oct 10, 2021
RVA
After The Last Wish was by all means a massive hit at the box office. NBCU came out and said that Last Wish was a gateway back into the Shrek Franchise which means they have plans beyond Shrek 5 if said film is successful. What do you think the future for the Shrek franchise holds beyond films? A streaming series on Peacock maybe?

Critically and financially, The Last Wish was recieved rather well; but just because if they go for Shrek 5, it doesn't mean anything's on the table after that in terms of expanding.

I'd cool the jets till Shrek 5 proves itself that the Shrek "mainline" brand has the ability to stick out. But I would like to ask, couldn't this just of been posted in the Puss in Boots thread?

Critically and financially, The Last Wish was recieved rather well; but just because if they go for Shrek 5, it doesn't mean anything's on the table after that in terms of expanding.

I'd cool the jets till Shrek 5 proves itself that the Shrek "mainline" brand has the ability to stick out. But I would like to ask, couldn't this just of been posted in the Puss in Boots thread?
Oh didn't think of that. I though a thread discussing the future of the Shrek series as a whole would be needed as to discuss the general directions of which the Shrek series as a whole beyond puss can expand into as the series has so much potential content wise from streaming series to short specials/films.

After The Last Wish was by all means a massive hit at the box office. NBCU came out and said that Last Wish was a gateway back into the Shrek Franchise which means they have plans beyond Shrek 5 if said film is successful. What do you think the future for the Shrek franchise holds beyond films? A streaming series on Peacock maybe?

Source?

Its all rumors but if we don't get a Shrek 5....I'd be very very surprised

Panda is back next year after 8 years of no films, so once again wont be surprised. Look at minions as well, they Universal see's which IPs make them money and are trying to focus on them more.