The Future of Wet 'n Wild | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the verification. Even smaller than the 15 acres they usually quoted. I guess they were counting a couple acres of the lake owned by Universal.
When it closed they had quoted the park being 30 acres. But...just like Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, and Aquatica, they included the parking lot in that figure. Aquatica is really only about 23 acres, and Blizzard and Typhoon are about 25-26 acres each if you take out the parking lots and surrounding infrastructure.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Upon seeing the images of WNW 'dry' i cant help but ask, where does the water go?
Surely they cant just pull the plug into the sewer system? it would cause serious issues for the area, and i know they cant dump it into Sandy Lake?
Also, how is security? i imagine they covered the slide entrances so that people cant break in and skateboard/slide down them, do they have 24/7 onsite security?

Upon seeing the images of WNW 'dry' i cant help but ask, where does the water go?
Surely they cant just pull the plug into the sewer system? it would cause serious issues for the area, and i know they cant dump it into Sandy Lake?
I would suspect there was a coordinated release into the sewer system. If done slowly enough at off-peak times it would not overburden the system.

I have heard the best way to gauge the effectiveness of a sewer system is halftime of the Super Bowl, when everyone is using it in a span of about 20 minutes. With all of the hotels in the area, I would expect that mornings would be the peak time.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I would suspect there was a coordinated release into the sewer system. If done slowly enough at off-peak times it would not overburden the system.

I have heard the best way to gauge the effectiveness of a sewer system is halftime of the Super Bowl, when everyone is using it in a span of about 20 minutes. With all of the hotels in the area, I would expect that mornings would be the peak time.

I would imagine that Orlando would have excellent drainage systems in place given how sudden and intense the rain can be at times. As long as they're emptying the pools when it isn't raining, everything should be fine.

Rides like JP and Splash Mountain also have reservoirs where they can drain water to when working on the ride.

jp water.jpg sm water.jpg

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog

As Florida slowly floats into the Atlantic at half time of the next Super Bowl. ;)

Reactions: Chase3
Yeah big cranes and stuff coming in yesterday. I wonder if it was really for WnW or just being staged for other projects.

From Screamscape:
Universal Orlando has been working with the National Roller Coaster Museum to help donate and preserve some important items from the new close Wet 'n Wild waterpark, recognizing that it was the first example of today's modern day waterpark, as founded by George Millay. A collection of signs and banners from the park have been donated to the NRCMA including the red and blue Wet 'n Wild sign as well as the Black Hole sign. The items will be put on display in the new Mark Moore memorial expansion at the museum's Plainview, TX archive facility.

Wet 'N Wild has finally been scrubbed from the map in the Universal Orlando app, although it still shows Universal's half of the lake.

Reactions: Verbolten
Drove past it today, and not much has changed. The sign on the HR building in the parking area hasn't even come down.

Status
Not open for further replies.