Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't wet and wild just built a brand new slide? Seemed like a car themed racing type slide.... Would they do this if it was going anywhere?

Why would they not? New waterpark is still two years away, so we still have wet 'n wild for at least two years, they want to keep getting a good revenue from it.

While Wet N Wild is definitely not on par with Disneys waterparks or Aquatica, they definitely haven't let it go to crap.

...it just doesn't help that the location of the park isn't the best, and the clientele also brings it down.

You nailed it actually. I was talking about the clientele, not the infrastructure. I think the brand is irreparably damaged.

The clientele definitely doesn't help. I went to Wet n Wild last year and it reminded me of a vegas pool party... just with way more high school kids acting up.

We were talking about throwing WnW into our rotation of parks to visit next year for our kids. Their fairly new kids castle play area things looks pretty spectacular for the little ones as well as young at heart :lol:

We were talking about throwing WnW into our rotation of parks to visit next year for our kids. Their fairly new kids castle play area things looks pretty spectacular for the little ones as well as young at heart :lol:

You totally should. I personally enjoy hanging out at Blastaway Beach myself. <---- young at heart :)

The clientele definitely doesn't help. I went to Wet n Wild last year and it reminded me of a vegas pool party... just with way more high school kids acting up.

Years before Universal bought the land the park is on, they started to bolt their slides to the concrete so they had the option to leave and take them with them when needed. They didn't want a huge lease upcharge because it would be to expensive to move. Universal could re-use most the slides if they wanted to. That would be great news because many slides are awesome and more money could go into (re-)theming of the slides and theming of the park.

Last edited:
Wet N Wild is awesome depending on what time of year you go. Just my opinion. I feel as though the park has the best slides and attractions in Orlando, but is too compact to handle the guests it attracts and feel comfortable. Just my take on it and I don't have children.

Nothing beats Ihu's Breakaway Falls at Aquatica; really hope Volcano Bay will have a version of this that is twice as tall.
WnW does have good rides though, Brainwash and Disco H2O, of the latter, can you imagine a Behemot Bowl in Volcano Bay, but instead of the bowl being themed to a disco, it is a volcano crater ...

Nothing beats Ihu's Breakaway Falls at Aquatica; really hope Volcano Bay will have a version of this that is twice as tall.
WnW does have good rides though, Brainwash and Disco H2O, of the latter, can you imagine a Behemot Bowl in Volcano Bay, but instead of the bowl being themed to a disco, it is a volcano crater ...
Supposedly (according to some TM ride mechanics I know), Adventure Island in Tampa will be getting pretty much a cabon copy of Ihu's Breakaway Falls either next year or 2017. Depends on how much/how fast they need it.

Last edited:
Supposedly (according to some TM ride mechanics I know), Adventure Island in Tampa will be getting pretty much a cabon copy of Ihu's Breakaway Falls either next year or 2017. Depends on how much/how fast they need it.

As awesome as that would be, they just put in a new water slide called "Colossal Curl" this year. At the rate that Adventure Island puts in new slides, I would be surprised if something new goes in next year or the year after.

I'm not sure if Universal will go cold turkey on Wet n' Wild once Volcano Bay comes in. Why not keep Wet n' Wild running? They'll still make money at the park, especially if the admission fee is cheaper than Volcano Bay.

You probably already know this, but if you purchase the Orlando FlexTicket then you get park 2 park Universal, Seaworld, Wet n Wild and for an upcharge Busch. The price is excellent for what it includes.

You probably already know this, but if you purchase the Orlando FlexTicket then you get park 2 park Universal, Seaworld, Wet n Wild and for an upcharge Busch. The price is excellent for what it includes.

Wouldn't workout for us since we have the Universal APs and up until earlier this year we had Sea World and Busch Gardens as well.

As awesome as that would be, they just put in a new water slide called "Colossal Curl" this year. At the rate that Adventure Island puts in new slides, I would be surprised if something new goes in next year or the year after.

I'm not sure if Universal will go cold turkey on Wet n' Wild once Volcano Bay comes in. Why not keep Wet n' Wild running? They'll still make money at the park, especially if the admission fee is cheaper than Volcano Bay.
I know all about Colossal Curl. It was their first new addition in close to a decade. I'm just relaying what i've heard. Remember, Sea World Parks has a new CEO now.

I would say they keep it open until they see a dramatic decline in attendance due to VB and thats when they'll close it. I doubt they will invest anymore money/rides into the park. I would say latest, 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.