Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance they're actually different resorts all together? Would be interesting if they're sister properties rather than the same one.

Quite possibly, I don't know. Remember a while back about this being a Disney All-Star type of thing? Could be something that shares a theme/brand but is considered separate - a la Swan and Dolphin.

Any idea how much of the lake they could build on if they wanted to?

I know Universal's ownership of the lake goes out at least a third of the way into the lake (probably more, have to check documents) but I don't know if they would build on that. Some of the lake is owned by other parties and dont know if there would be disputes if they start filling it up with dirt.

Again, just a guess.

Quite possibly, I don't know. Remember a while back about this being a Disney All-Star type of thing? Could be something that shares a theme/brand but is considered separate - a la Swan and Dolphin.

Would be interesting. Still hoping for a classic Hollywood style theme.

I know Universal's ownership of the lake goes out at least a third of the way into the lake (probably more, have to check documents) but I don't know if they would build on that. Some of the lake is owned by other parties and dont know if there would be disputes if they start filling it up with dirt.

Again, just a guess.

I have to think they won't build on the lake, outside of maybe some Poly bungalow-style rooms or an over-water restaurant or something.

I wonder if the agreement with Nintendo could involve resorts?
Dreamworks on one side and Nintendo on the other. :faint:

I wonder if the agreement with Nintendo could involve resorts?
Dreamworks on one side and Nintendo on the other. :faint:

Dreamworks maybe, but the problem with themeing after Nintendo or Harry Potter is those are not Comcast properties and there's a lot of third-party vetting that needs to be signed off on. May not be worth it. Sure, a Harry Potter hotel would sell, but then they'd always be under the thumb of creator's control — a big company like Comcast may not like being that controlled.

If its HP themed everything would need to be themed, all the rooms and all staff would need to be dressed up in some form of uniform that conforms with the Potter Universe

If its HP themed everything would need to be themed, all the rooms and all staff would need to be dressed up in some form of uniform that conforms with the Potter Universe

I would spend more to stay at a Hogwarts themed hotel than I would to stay at Portofino Bay and you wouldn't even need to throw in Express Passes.

Now where have I heard about this before.....??

Oh yeah, @Disneyhead about a year ago ;)

I'm going to look for his post on it

Yes it was a lot from many sources. @tielo posted a pic of a large hotel across the road, @Alexshow posted that TPI was saying a mega hotel, Gondola talk to connect it (still to be seen). Sounds like lots of chatter from many sources that all added up to what was happening over 18 months ago.

Last edited:
I don't think it will be themed to one property. It definitely won't be Potter, not with it kind of being "off property"

I agree, I think it will be similar to what the other hotels are doing with a few themed suites.

I mean, why put all your eggs in one basket?

I am curious to see how they theme the hotel (or potentially hotel's). Either way, if it's two, I could see the one encompassing the parking structure be more akin to Cabana, while the one on the lakeside is more moderate.

In addition to possibly saving some of the slides from WetnWild, how about the kid's coaster that's going to be losing it's home eventually. That'd make for a nice amenity at a hotel.
upload_2017-3-21_15-54-40.png

Now where have I heard about this before.....??

Oh yeah, @Disneyhead about a year ago ;)

I'm going to look for his post on it

Yes it was a lot from many sources. @tielo posted a pic of a large hotel across the road, @Alexshow posted that TPI was saying a mega hotel, Gondola talk to connect it (still to be seen). Sounds like lots of chatter from many sources that all added up to what was happening over a year ago.
Yep, Dave's (Disneyhead) info is usually right on. Just like his previous posts about Dragon Challenge, Fallon opening, Jaws, etc. . :thumbsup:..... When Dave talks, I listen. :)

Yep, Dave's (Disneyhead) info is usually right on. Just like his previous posts about Dragon Challenge, Fallon opening, Jaws, etc. . :thumbsup:..... When Dave talks, I listen. :)
To be fair Niles was the first mention in the thread but then the info firmed up pretty fast after that as the right people asked the right people the right questions

Maybe that tower crane Bio posted yesterday really is for Wn'W and not Aventura if this has been in the works for 18 months.

To be fair Niles was the first mention in the thread but then the info firmed up pretty fast after that as the right people asked the right people the right questions

Maybe that tower crane Bio posted yesterday really is for Wn'W and not Aventura if this has been in the works for 18 months.

Use it for the demolition of WnW, then move over to Aventura as the foundations start getting poured for the new hotel at WnW then once Aventura is complete move the crane back across the road. Universal get their moneys worth.

Saying Aventura so much now has me thinking Ace Ventura.

Status
Not open for further replies.