Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Hat Box Ghost Returns?

3729688194_698b2cd06e.jpg

MAS101420.jpg

meh only a little bit, just gave him an orangutan face. Looks cooler than the old one thats for sure lol

I believe haunted mansion is down for 3 days in May.... I'm guessing that's when we'll see him.

im looking forward to it, i'll probably never actually get to see the damn thing in person but im glad they're finally doing something with the character

HBG has one function to perform: have his head disappear from his body and appear in the hat box. That's the main effect and purpose of it. If it does not do that, then what's the point besides crass fan service?

HBG has one function to perform: have his head disappear from his body and appear in the hat box. That's the main effect and purpose of it. If it does not do that, then what's the point besides crass fan service?

Well I think people will be underwhelmed with the effect, it's not particularly impressive but then again I don't think the effect itself matters in this case. It's more the story and mythos behind it that made people want it back. The reason why it's returning is soley fan service and nothing else. No normal park goer knows or cares about it, all the true fans here. Even if it doesn't do it (mostly likely will) the fact it's there makes up for it alone

Ok. Cool. It seems to be a musion effect. Looks great. Does what it's supposed to do. Not that earth shattering. Seems a little out of place with the bride story line and the style of the attic but it's the Haunted Mansion so I guess ghost can materialize anywhere they want. The return may have been over-hyped but it's a welcomed addition!

[video=youtube;hrZAXmT2HIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZAXmT2HIQ[/video]

When I heard of his placement I was a little concerned with the location. That area has always been pretty dark and to me felt like I was supposed to be sliding down the roof of the mansion. The following picture does a great job at showing that the area he is in is actually themed to look like a balcony or loft area. I was worried he was going to look forced into the area, but I actually like it.

HBG45457492LARGE-613x409.jpg

HBG45457491LARGE-613x409.jpg

Ok. Cool. It seems to be a musion effect. Looks great. Does what it's supposed to do. Not that earth shattering. Seems a little out of place with the bride story line and the style of the attic but it's the Haunted Mansion so I guess ghost can materialize anywhere they want. The return may have been over-hyped but it's a welcomed addition!

[video=youtube;hrZAXmT2HIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZAXmT2HIQ[/video]

I like the fool taking a photo with a flash at the end :bonk:

Having seen him in person recently, I can honestly say he's a great addition! I know the Hatbox Ghost lore is from Disneyland, but I'd love to see him added to the Mansion in WDW too!