Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The HHN Store

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
On September 14th, Universal Orlando will open the brand new Halloween Horror Nights themed store in New York Street.

The upcoming store will be located in the Macys building at New York Street; as it will offer merchandise that is exclusive to the store. The Macy's Building has been used in the past for the Islands of Adventure Preview Center. Last year, Universal Orlando brought a Halloween Horror Night's themed store that was located in the closed Twister Ride it Out store; AFTERMATH.

Thoughts on the Halloween Horror Nights store returning? Are you excited to see it return, or are you disappointed by it? Comment down below!

Pretty sure someone on here said something about Mummy's extended queue being used for the store, but wouldn't that be what is behind the Macy's facade?

I think there's also a door to it on the side near the library facade. I wonder if they might route one of the house exits through the gift shop.:)

So, with this opening on the 14th, would that mean the store could be open during park hours?

I do not even recall if the one last year was, but it would make sense since it was the exit to Twister. Anyway, I just think it would be nice to be able to pick up merchandise during the day, brink it back to the hotel....that way I don't need to carry it around during the event nor do I need to waste event time shopping (but I still haven't learned how to keep my wife out of a shop).

So, with this opening on the 14th, would that mean the store could be open during park hours?

I do not even recall if the one last year was, but it would make sense since it was the exit to Twister. Anyway, I just think it would be nice to be able to pick up merchandise during the day, brink it back to the hotel....that way I don't need to carry it around during the event nor do I need to waste event time shopping (but I still haven't learned how to keep my wife out of a shop).
Here are the details. If I'm not mistaken this is identical to how they did it last year. Although they decided to open it early last year instead of the posted time.
image.jpeg

Last year, it was open during the daytime. And if I remember correctly, the TM Preview for the event will be the day before that so it makes sense that they start it up after the TM Previews, as it's not going in a store that was fated to close at the end of the event.

The true question is this, could they open it up as a Year-round store and not just as a seasonal store? I ask this, as isn't there a Christmas store on property that is open year round? I would argue that it could be a good idea to have a year-round horror store pop up; regardless if it's HHN or not..but, that's my opinion.

Genuinely interested just to see inside this place, always been keen to see where the IOA preview center* was and sense a bit of that history.

*Random fact/confession - I don't do this on any other website or social media, but I always feel like I should use the American English spelling of certain words on this forum (Brits write it as 'centre') even though it feels so wrong when typing it out, as I feel that someone will either point it out as a misspelling or just think I'm plain dumb! ;)

Genuinely interested just to see inside this place, always been keen to see where the IOA preview center* was and sense a bit of that history.

My chance to brag a little bit...

I actually have the original passport that they were giving out to promote IoA with all of the stamps on the pages.

I'm not sure how rare that is, but it holds a special place in my heart from when I was younger.

Cool. So they had one image to use...
That's pretty much exactly the same as what they did last year. Obviously the artwork is adapted slightly to each product though. Part of it is of course a savings on design costs, but also they typically want everything to feel connected. I like to look at it as it's all the same so I can simply choose what form I want my HHN item that I buy to be in.