Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Icons and Lore Thread

Except they’re not. Jack is a “zombie” (undead). Mary is a ghost. Caretaker just “is.” He’s similar to the Director in that he has not canonically died.

Didn’t he and his whole family get burned alive in that house fire? Given the way her mirror world works, Mary is way too powerful to be a mere ghost. I was thinking more of the conventional zombie as seen in media, Jack at least never eaten anybody AFAIK.

Well neither was Mary Agana’s. Did the whole Shady Oaks business with Albert Caine happen in the 1800s or 1900s; I’m curious about the timeline.
The fire was “10 years earlier” from when we visit Screamhouse, so it took place in 1992.

161691516_120738796730680_2714027740168943742_n.jpg

Here’s a fun photo that used for the promos of Sweet 16.

2020-08-26-15.49.19_rev0.jpg

This is the back cover of the album Midnight Syndicate released for HHN. I have some questions:

1. How did they know select tracks came from 1999? I thought 2003 was the first year to use Midnight Syndicate songs.

2. What does “The Shores of Lach Slaven” mean?

Something interesting about H.R. Bloodengutz:

“H.R. Bloodengutz wears a medallion in reference to Universal’s Dracula, which has it’s own interesting backlore - Bram Stoker’s Dracula novel has had many critics commenting on the best-selling book’s implicit anti-Semitism: Dracula’s`blood-sucking,’ his aversion to the crucifix, his strange “Eastern” accent that switches “v” and “w,” his hoards of gold, his lack of true nationality, his lust for women, his parasitism, all conform to anti-Semitic stereotypes that were peaking at the close of the 19th century, when Eastern European Jewish emigration to Britain was at a height. The Universal Studio’s 1931 film version starring Bela Lugosi made the anti-Semitism explicit: Dracula wears a Star of David prominently around his neck. Bram Stoker, however, was politically liberal and even joined an artists’ protest against anti-Semitism in 1905. What makes this story that much more interesting to H.R. Bloodengutz is the fact his name is Larry Kurtzberg, an inherently jewish name, Kurtz is German/Jewish surname meaning “short in height” and the suffix -berg is common in Jewish surnames and means “mountain”. Perhaps Larry wore the now iconic Dracula neck medallion for more than just homage to the vampyric aesthetic.”

- credit from HalloweenHorrorNightsNerd.

Something interesting about H.R. Bloodengutz:

“H.R. Bloodengutz wears a medallion in reference to Universal’s Dracula, which has it’s own interesting backlore - Bram Stoker’s Dracula novel has had many critics commenting on the best-selling book’s implicit anti-Semitism: Dracula’s`blood-sucking,’ his aversion to the crucifix, his strange “Eastern” accent that switches “v” and “w,” his hoards of gold, his lack of true nationality, his lust for women, his parasitism, all conform to anti-Semitic stereotypes that were peaking at the close of the 19th century, when Eastern European Jewish emigration to Britain was at a height. The Universal Studio’s 1931 film version starring Bela Lugosi made the anti-Semitism explicit: Dracula wears a Star of David prominently around his neck. Bram Stoker, however, was politically liberal and even joined an artists’ protest against anti-Semitism in 1905. What makes this story that much more interesting to H.R. Bloodengutz is the fact his name is Larry Kurtzberg, an inherently jewish name, Kurtz is German/Jewish surname meaning “short in height” and the suffix -berg is common in Jewish surnames and means “mountain”. Perhaps Larry wore the now iconic Dracula neck medallion for more than just homage to the vampyric aesthetic.”

- credit from HalloweenHorrorNightsNerd.

Attachments

• super-impulse-worlds-smallest-stretch-armstrong.jpg
    super-impulse-worlds-smallest-stretch-armstrong.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 4

In fairness, one wouldn’t be a hardcore HHN fan (or even theme park fan) if they didn’t go completely loony when it comes to obsessing about lore (which is why the Icons have fans).

In fairness, one wouldn’t be a hardcore HHN fan (or even theme park fan) if they didn’t go completely loony when it comes to obsessing about lore (which is why the Icons have fans).
If the lore played more of a role in the actual event I would probably care about it

HHN 15 & 18 are really the only years that were sweetened by knowing the backstory

If the lore played more of a role in the actual event I would probably care about it

HHN 15 & 18 are really the only years that were sweetened by knowing the backstory

I get that HHN 15’s Terra Cruentus was a “patchwork” in an out of itself (originally the theme was to be more generic), but I still find it cool that they managed to tie literally everything together in a cycle, even Seuss Landing and Bill and Ted. I think the praise for HHN 18 in terms of lore is mainly based on Mary Agana’s bloody past; the actual story within that year was pretty simple and straightforward. I keep hearing takes that the story was supposed to be “The fears of Bloody Mary’s patients to life” which doesn’t make much sense to me. And that “grandmother” element was comic book levels weird.

I get that HHN 15’s Terra Cruentus was a “patchwork” in an out of itself (originally the theme was to be more generic), but I still find it cool that they managed to tie literally everything together in a cycle, even Seuss Landing and Bill and Ted. I think the praise for HHN 18 in terms of lore is mainly based on Mary Agana’s bloody past; the actual story within that year was pretty simple and straightforward. I keep hearing takes that the story was supposed to be “The fears of Bloody Mary’s patients to life” which doesn’t make much sense to me. And that “grandmother” element was comic book levels weird.
Yeah if you missed the Mary's Journal journey on the website then the houses were just fun originals

However, they did tie in with her patients that she treated on her journey to becoming Bloody Mary

As far as Storyteller, she was not the original play...and some would say...a marketing invention based on a certain film

Yeah if you missed the Mary's Journal journey on the website then the houses were just fun originals

However, they did tie in with her patients that she treated on her journey to becoming Bloody Mary

As far as Storyteller, she was not the original play...and some would say...a marketing invention based on a certain film

According to old HHN forums, the Storyteller was always supposed to be a thing? The Cody guy did credit T.J. Mannarino, who was involved with a LOT of material pertaining the lore. I don’t buy it myself; but thought it be interesting to share.

Wasn’t Dead Silence released two years after 2005 if I believe?

According to old HHN forums, the Storyteller was always supposed to be a thing? The Cody guy did credit T.J. Mannarino, who was involved with a LOT of material pertaining the lore. I don’t buy it myself; but thought it be interesting to share.

Wasn’t Dead Silence released two years after 2005 if I believe?
Dr. Jimmy's YouTube Channel (I am trying to find it) has a retrospective on previous HHN years and he explains it a bit better

I normally am unimpressed by HHN fanart (though I do look for more); but this piece by Brian MacMillian is pretty sweet (would have liked to see Terra Queen and Cindy tho).

I normally am unimpressed by HHN fanart (though I do look for more); but this piece by Brian MacMillian is pretty sweet (would have liked to see Terra Queen and Cindy tho).

It's funny because the only interesting one is depicted as a broken mirror due to copyright lol

All that being said, this is very good and I particularly like the warm tones used and the Storyteller is adorable