The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I think Universal will refurb the Hulk:

• Total voters
Hi Everyone. Thought I'd add my observations to the Hulk thread. Yes, the Hulk needs painting, but it is so expensive to paint, I don't see it happening for a while until the economy picks up.
I rode Hulk last week, and one thing I did notice was the new light show in the launch tube. The green lights on both sides pulse synchronously with the sound effects and creep higher up the tube as the coaster is ready to launch. There are white strobe lights flashing as you shoot out of the tube too. Has anyone else remembered this from the past or is it new? Has anyone else recently observed this?
Glad to join y'all.

Yes painting can be expensive but universal painted dragons about a year and a half ago so no excuse what universal is worried about is down time but hulk needs to get a referb and a paint job and has to go down to do it correctly kumba at busch gardens went down and thats a popular attraction so hopefully hulk will go down soon.

Thank you all for responding and showing your consern. Keep the posts coming!

you know what I will go down to universal right now and paint hulk for free I got a bunch of green and grey paint in my garage.

I'll join you later! Let me get my plane ticket!

Hi Everyone. Thought I'd add my observations to the Hulk thread. Yes, the Hulk needs painting, but it is so expensive to paint, I don't see it happening for a while until the economy picks up.
I rode Hulk last week, and one thing I did notice was the new light show in the launch tube. The green lights on both sides pulse synchronously with the sound effects and creep higher up the tube as the coaster is ready to launch. There are white strobe lights flashing as you shoot out of the tube too. Has anyone else remembered this from the past or is it new? Has anyone else recently observed this?
Glad to join y'all.

Welcome to OU and yes that effect is new. I've rode HULK with those effects.

Thanks for the pics! And if anyone is going to IoA. Can we get a other update on this? Please and thank you in advance!

I hope Universal actually decides to paint this, as its getting dilapidated. Great shots of the rust Obi! :rep:

I hope Universal actually decides to paint this, as its getting dilapidated. Great shots of the rust Obi! :rep:

More than likely, they will get to this once they are able to buy the lighting to go on the trains, the TLC, and the sandblasters to fix the problem. But want i'm wondering is if Universal can't do anything about the rust because of the Marvel / Disney deal.

More than likely, they will get to this once they are able to buy the lighting to go on the trains, the TLC, and the sandblasters to fix the problem. But want i'm wondering is if Universal can't do anything about the rust because of the Marvel / Disney deal.

I seriously doubt they'd be disallowed from cleaning up the rust due to the Marvel/Disney deal, otherwise that would mean allowing the Hulk to become unsafe.

Universal holds the contractual rights to these characters east of the Mississippi River, so they can do whatever they want with it.

With that being said, the Hulk will always stay the Hulk and won't go anywhere anytime soon. But it needs to get the rust removed, the same they used on Kumba, and they need to repaint the actual tracks as well and not leave silver since its been run in.

But Hulk + Lights = HRRR pwned

Universal holds the contractual rights to these characters east of the Mississippi River, so they can do whatever they want with it.

With that being said, the Hulk will always stay the Hulk and won't go anywhere anytime soon. But it needs to get the rust removed, the same they used on Kumba, and they need to repaint the actual tracks as well and not leave silver since its been run in.

But Hulk + Lights = HRRR pwned

Well thats good to hear that Universal still can do what they want with MSHI. Oh and by the way, you forgot some things to add to your problem:

Hulk + LED lights + On board audio + flamethrowers (when the car shoots out of the tunnel [I wish!]) = HRRR K.O and ranks back up.

Edit: New sig, if you feel the same. Type it in!

Last edited:
I'm heading out to Orlando in an hour and will be hitting up IoA/US and MK. I'll try to get some Hulk shots for you all.

I was at IOA last weekend and the incredible Hulk was any thing but incredible. I haven't been on the ride for over a year. It was so rough I thought I was going to black out and I have never felt that before on any coaster. This ride has been removed from my top ten list.

Last edited:
Well you see what had happened was....

2957m6e.jpg