The Last of Us: Part 2 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us: Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Last of Us: Part Two releases on February 21st!

And in a massive bit of news, Naughty Dog will be using two-disks for the massive title; citing it's ambitious size and scope.

So I watched this trailer, and then watched the new Star Wars game trailer, and it made me realize just how incredible this game looks.

It kind of makes other games look last gen.

So I watched this trailer, and then watched the new Star Wars game trailer, and it made me realize just how incredible this game looks.

It kind of makes other games look last gen.

Welcome to Naughty Dog.

This all sounds incredible:

I can't f'ing wait for this game. Still hoping it gets an HHN house sometime :lol:

Seriously. Get it for HHN 30.

Reactions: Nick
I've always been a huge uncharted fan, but uncharted 4 felt like it got a little too far into the storytelling. The combat gameplay was awesome, but there wasn't enough of it. Last of Us hit the perfect balance, hoping this does the same.

Seriously. Get it for HHN 30.
The house would have to be focused on the original imo, but it’s such a slam dunk easy house to put together.

- Austin/Sarah’s death
- Boston QZ
- Capitol building/Tess’ death
- Bill’s Town
- Pittsburgh (Hotel, bloaters, end at the bridge)
- Tommy’s Dam
- University of Eastern Colorado/Joel’s injury
- The Lakeside Resort/Ellie’s fight with dude who is way too into a 13 y/o
- The Firefly Lab/Joel saving Ellie

And of course lots of Clickers throughout.

Follow that basic scene guideline and you’ve got yourself a house.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Game comes out Friday. Despite early controversy, the game has received critical acclaim so far, earning a 96 Metacritic score so far through early reviews (89 reviews in as of posting). I've already pre-ordered and will be playing ASAP at 12:01am Friday.

I haven't read too much of the reviews as I don't want to run into any spoilers, but such a high aggregated score (especially after the leak controversy) tells me the narrative is likely on par if not better than the original, and that's the reason I loved the first game, so count me as extremely excited.

Reactions: Fedic
Can't wait to start playing this tomorrow.
Yup. I just did a play-through of the original again (i'd say between the PS3 version and remasted, i've probably played the game about 5 times now). Still holds up as one of my all-time favorites. Although I love story-centric games. Spider-Man (PS4) and Jedi Fallen Order are the only games i've played since TLOU released that I would rank it up there even close. Uncharted 2 is also one of my top tier ranked games within this genre.

Yup. I just did a play-through of the original again (i'd say between the PS3 version and remasted, i've probably played the game about 5 times now). Still holds up as one of my all-time favorites. Although I love story-centric games. Spider-Man (PS4) and Jedi Fallen Order are the only games i've played since TLOU released that I would rank it up there even close. Uncharted 2 is also one of my top tier ranked games within this genre.
I haven't played Jedi Fallen Order but the other games are also up my alley. I think I have also played TLoU about 5 times, love it. But I'm also a sucker for all the Uncharted games as I see them as a modern Indiana Jones series.

Waiting on this game to download like... :doh:
giphy.gif

----------------------------------
So i'm still early in the game, enjoying it so far. My one main critic so far is on the menu side of things. There's no option to see your stats and all that. Unless i'm just missing something and it's hidden.

Last edited:
This game is a visual and storytelling masterpiece, and if you have an ounce of empathy you will absolutely hate playing it.

I lost my dad to cancer a couple years ago, so having this game release so close to Father’s Day is a punch in the gut. I had to stop playing after you know what happens.

This game is a visual and storytelling masterpiece, and if you have an ounce of empathy you will absolutely hate playing it.
Not clicking on the spoiler because i've successfully avoided them until this point. When you say you'll hate playing it, is that because of how good the story is you're saying? I'm still way early on in the first chapter still.

Not clicking on the spoiler because i've successfully avoided them until this point. When you say you'll hate playing it, is that because of how good the story is you're saying? I'm still way early on in the first chapter still.

Just giving you a warning, you'll either love the story or you'll really, really, really hate it. It's very divisive.

As someone who doesn't have a PS4 (decided to do XBO, that was my b), I spoiled myself..and I do agree; it's very, very divisive.

But the general theme, that everyone has said; is that the game focuses on revenge. And it's really more up to the player to interpret if they agree with what happens.

From the footage that I have seen, I really like how they depicted the lengths one goes in revenge, especially fueled by anger and malice due to Ellie losing Joel. I can easily see why people are mad, and mad about what Ellie does; but I think they have seemingly captured it greatly.

My spoilers references the first two hours of gameplay and why I personally had to take a break from playing.

I realize what I wrote sounds contradictory. The game is gorgeous, the acting is phenomenal, but it’s HEAVY.