Mufasa: The Lion King | Inside Universal Forums

Mufasa: The Lion King

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My dream come true! Lion King 1.5 live-action remake! Obviously this won't be that but I do recommend it if you haven't seen it.

tumblr_o5v7ooZ3DF1toqng2o9_r1_500.gifv

It's a shame they aren't adopting Simba's pride. The story was interesting, the music was interesting (but the arrangements were terrible). Rearrange and rerecord those songs and they might have something.

I read they were going to go into Mufasa's backstory, which I think is just a complete mistake. The "Prequel curse" where movies/stories go back to explain characters and their motivations typically don't fare well. The Lion King is Simba's story.

Disney really needs a good spanking. This film looks terrible. The backdrops/environments look gorgeous, but that’s the only good thing I have to say. No one wants a film about Mufasa… and even worse, it’s a musical. Can’t believe Lin-Manuel Miranda agreed to write the songs for this, but passed on Moana 2. Don’t know why Barry Jenkins signed on to direct, poor guy. I don’t normally root for a film to fail, but I’m doing so here. Disney really needs to learn their lesson.

This actually looks way better than I expected? Especially considering I was not a fan of the first "live action remake." But I may actually enjoy this one more since it won't be essentially a word-for-word redo and I won't be comparing it to the original the entire time.

Reactions: imagin78
I mean… I need to see another trailer but that one did its job. I went from having absolutely no interest to being intrigued. I don’t think this is the type of film that will ever get me to the theater of course, but it also doesn’t look bad.