The Museum: Deadly Exhibits (HHN 33) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Museum: Deadly Exhibits (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is what I envision a folklore museum to look like. Not all museums are Smithsonians. Disclaimer: Im not implying this is what it’s gonna look like or be.

I’m aware, I live in DC and work in a museum. I have a sense of what it will look like inside, too, based on the short blurb. The point of my post is that the general public will see the title and may feel misled.

I’m aware, I live in DC and work in a museum. I have a sense of what it will look like inside, too, based on the short blurb. The point of my post is that the general public will see the title and may feel misled.

In the now 14 years of being a scareactor and countless years of theme parks etc., this is a non-issue when it comes to the GP. They're not going to fret if a place doesn't look like your normal museum when they're too busy screaming as things are popping out at them.

Idk why but I can’t help but feel like this is just gonna feel like a generic wax museum type house instead of doing something more interesting with it?

If I was a betting man, taking into account that the designers (1) live in Orlando and (2) probably enjoy live theater given they are in the industry, my guess would be this takes cues from the Menello (?) Museum across the lawn from Fringe. Because they've probably walked through it a few times over the years. But that could hold a variety of monster designs, and the blurb is so vague that this really could be anything. Even knowing what we know this remains a complete wildcard. It is so out of left field I'm hoping it's someone's dream project, like Devil's Deal clearly was last year.

Reactions: Disneyson1
In the now 14 years of being a scareactor and countless years of theme parks etc., this is a non-issue when it comes to the GP. They're not going to fret if a place doesn't look like your normal museum when they're too busy screaming as things are popping out at them.
That’s fair. Especially because this isn’t an IP, people probably won’t be planning their trip around the hope of going to a “Night at the Museum” house.

Reactions: Tobias
they "could" reuse a lot of older costumes from past houses, i was extremely excited for this until i realized its a folk museum and not a regular museum, im still excited, but i kind of expect familiar characters to show up.

Ehh, in what ways? I don't really think this will bring back any creatures or characters from previous houses. The blurb doesn't give me that impression at least.
i was wondering if any old costumes would come back even as props or mannequins. maybe not main actors, but just as decorations

Ehh, in what ways? I don't really think this will bring back any creatures or characters from previous houses. The blurb doesn't give me that impression at least.
This. While I think this will definitely be the house to have a lot of references, it will still very much feature new creatures and demons for us to love.

This. While I think this will definitely be the house to have a lot of references, it will still very much feature new creatures and demons for us to love.
i wouldnt even mind if they reused older costumes, but it will be amazing regardless, i have faith

I don't see them using old stuff at all really. I think it'll be like The Darkest Deal where it used the Skelecorpse masks for a few of it's ghosts that has been shared between numerous houses over the years, but I wouldn't consider that a "returning" or "familiar character". This is it's own thing, and I'm glad that not every house is Hellblock Horror.

They typically do that whether you realize it or not.

The Catacombs plague doctors wore the same costumes as the Body Collectors, just with different buttons.

I don't see them using old stuff at all really. I think it'll be like The Darkest Deal where it used the Skelecorpse masks for a few of it's ghosts that has been shared between numerous houses over the years, but I wouldn't consider that a "returning" or "familiar character". This is it's own thing, and I'm glad that not every house is Hellblock Horror.

very very interesting. i didnt know

So will be set in a big city museum or on the side of a country road or something else?

Intriguing house.

I went on a whim to the one in NO. Very meh. They didn’t really decorate the inside - it was like the needed to keep the pegboards and metal shelves on the walls since they would be converting it to a Spirit of Halloween soon.

I’d hope the HHN designers do a better job on the interior…