The Night Of | Inside Universal Forums

The Night Of

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok, now that it's over, it seems like the perfect time to review it since you have to look at a mini-series as a whole rather than the individual parts. And I must say, it left me floored. The acting was top-notch, especially for Turturro who probably has a bunch of award nominations to look forward to. Even the smaller players like Bill Camp and Jeannie Berlin manage to craft great multi-dimensional characters. I was particularly impressed by all the symbolism and little references to other well-known trials. The plot kept me guessing at every which way. However,

while I'm certain many folks will be upset at not knowing who the killer is, I understand why they kept it a mystery since in real life, you'll never know what truly happened without being directly involved.

Overall, I can't recall the last time there were so many great TV shows in a single year. If there's more stuff like these, the future for television has never looked brighter.

I ended up binging through it this weekend in time for the finale. I can't say I've ever felt so tense or uncomfortable watching a TV show. Have to agree on the top notch performances, very impressive work. The finale wasn't fulfilling, but I never expected it to be. It's not that kind of show. However it wrapped things up neater than I expected going in.