The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle (IOA) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle (IOA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I sometimes think the UK is missing out of some of the Orlando editions, but times like this I'm happy we have the Warner Bros Studio Tour. That projection show is awful and it makes the beginning of happily ever after seen very exciting. Anyway, I don't understand Harry potter fandom. The films and books are average at best, so I don't at all understand the fuss about them whatsoever!

I sometimes think the UK is missing out of some of the Orlando editions, but times like this I'm happy we have the Warner Bros Studio Tour. That projection show is awful and it makes the beginning of happily ever after seen very exciting. Anyway, I don't understand Harry potter fandom. The films and books are average at best, so I don't at all understand the fuss about them whatsoever!
Harry Potter is one of the best film franchises of all time. Every single movie is fresh on rotten tomatoes. While there are certainly many better singular movies the consistency for this large of a film series is extremely hard to replicate.

Honestly speaking, the fireworks help out in the case when comparing that to Hollywood. It add's albeit something extra to it that should've been with the show at the start.

It's not bad, nor is it mediocre, but that it isn't a great show like the Holiday's was.

Anyway, I don't understand Harry potter fandom. The films and books are average at best, so I don't at all understand the fuss about them whatsoever!

I will preface this by saying this.

I have a family member that does not stand the core saga, but loves Fantastic Beasts and is excited for the sequel. It just matters more on what they offer to the table.

For me, the entire IP in general gives off something very different from a Star Wars or a Marvel, to where it makes it feel believable of the experiences that Harry, Ron and Hermione go through, even if it's fiction. And that the world built into Potter, is unlike a lot of other IP's that I have seen. It gives audiences, an ability to go to places that are similar to ours, but are fantastical and imaginative.

That, is what I love about Potter. It makes you feel immersed in what they show to you in way's that are subtle but major.

First off, I think it's interesting that Hollywood finally had something before Orlando. :) But I to think Orlando's reaction is because they got to see the holiday version first. Out here, this was the first taste we ever got of projection mapping's potential on the castle, so it was a bit more impressive at the time. The problems this one had (mainly being too short) were corrected when they made the holiday version.

And imagine this current night show without the fireworks. That's what we originally had, as our firework restrictions are pretty tight being surrounding by dry brush mountains with residential nearby. As I understand it, I believe we'll be finally getting fireworks when our summer version returns, which does add a lot. That unusual ending/epilogue with the castle sparkling is what I refer to as the "Instagram moment". ;)

Many of us grew up with it, and matured as the books did, and it is responsible for us being readers now (seriously)...I think there are some very special themes in the books that touch on universal (lolz) topics..

Curious, how do you feel about puppies and chocolates? Asking for a friend

I like both puppies and chocolates, but perhaps it's my age, or something else, but I've never been a huge fan of the franchise. I would rather watch any marvel or star wars film. Anyway, that show is abysmal, even if it was for another franchise. I know this is a more universal forum but it is always very anti Disney and you seem to always get told by everyone by even thinking something negative about universal.

I like both puppies and chocolates, but perhaps it's my age, or something else, but I've never been a huge fan of the franchise. I would rather watch any marvel or star wars film. Anyway, that show is abysmal, even if it was for another franchise. I know this is a more universal forum but it is always very anti Disney and you seem to always get told by everyone by even thinking something negative about universal.
I would strongly disagree that this site is anti Disney. In fact, if you follow the various threads, the posters here are much fairer to Disney than most Disney oriented forums posters are to Universal. Just read the Fast & Furious thread if you need an example to understand that posters here are often critical of Universal. In fact, there's a large number of WDW oriented threads on IU that have lots of daily discussion. In fact, some days there's more Disney thread discussions on this forum than Universal oriented discussions. Contrast that with the primary Disney sites where there's very little discussion of Universal, and what little there is, it is generally very negative....I would further state that, in my opinion, IU posters may well be the most knowledgeable and fairest posters among the major theme park forums.....:)

Last edited:
Reactions: agentj and sparky
I would strongly disagree that this site is anti Disney. In fact, if you follow the various threads, the posters here are much fairer to Disney than most Disney oriented forums posters are to Universal. Just read the Fast & Furious thread if you need an example to understand that posters here are often critical of Universal. In fact, there's a large number of WDW oriented threads on IU that have lots of daily discussion. In fact, some days there's more Disney thread discussions on this forum than Universal oriented discussions. Contrast that with the primary Disney sites where there's very little discussion of Universal, and what little there is, it is generally very negative....I would further state that, in my opinion, IU posters may well be the most knowledgeable and fairest posters among the major theme park forums.....:)

:topic:

Probably meant for another thread, but we are not anti Disney here, we are anti lazy Disney...Same with Universal

To take it back to the show, the show continues tonight, starting at 6:15 Eastern time.
Do we know how long this will continue?

Reactions: Mad Dog
As of now, more dates will be added, but it's currently scheduled to stop by the 20th for right now.

It also sounds like the show will still be around, at multiple points of the year.
Late night schedules at IOA at the times of the year where they closed early in the past, kind of indicates Hogwarts show will be playing those nights. Nice to have a reason for IOA to be shown off in the dark besides during peak times.

Reactions: Coasted
Show is now scheduled to run every weekend in feb with the last night being on the 26th. Maybe they'll continue this trend up until spring break before going nightly?

Nighttime Lights Extended Refurbishment