Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Official 5th Disney Park Discussion

I found the link so I'm rewriting this post. Here is the link to an Orlando Sentinel article about WDW improvement projects.

Four Disney road projects scheduled for completion in 2018 - Orlando Sentinel

Here is the interesting part of the article:

An extension of Western Way from the Flamingo Crossings development to Avalon Road, or County Road 545, should be done by mid-2018. Part of that road will be raised in the middle to accommodate pedestrians to walk underneath when the area is developed. "We don't know what will be developed there," said Kathryn Kolbo, manager of planning and engineering at Reedy Creek, but the district wants to prepare. The raised area will be over what she described as an "island" in the middle of wetland areas.

I have seen a bit of speculation suggesting this could be for a fifth gate. Can't imagine why a fifth gate would be built outside of the main park property. Anyone heard anything about this? Any idea what might be going in Flamingo Crossings? Is WDW giving any thought to a fifth park?

On the one hand I can't imagine building another park when the current four need so much work. On the other hand maybe the best way to keep guests on property is to have enough parks to fill a full vacation without repeating a park. WDW is making a point of mentioning in their local advertising that they have four parks. I guess this is just in case some guests couldn't count them up on their own.

Last edited:
Flamingo Crossings has always mystified me. I always figured it was Disney looking several decades in the future. Or just a quick cash grab.

But, Flamingo Crossings hasn't been a hit and there's still development happening. I really think Disney is planning to create something big + more standalone here in the next several decades.

From one of the tours I took they explained that when Walt bought the property he set aside 1/3 of it for conservation. At this moment 1/3 is developed and the other 1/3 is for future development. My thought would be more resorts or additions to exsiting parks, they can't even keep 4 running smoothly with updates to keep them current.

Beastly Kingdom 5th park

The following is what I’m hearing from my source.

Beastly Kingdom (possibly Dominion) will be the 5th park in Disney World. Unless they decide to go with Dark Dominion (villain park). The newest theme park Disney's Beastly Dominion will be located right next to AK, its sister park.

Sister parks have been discussed for all 4 parks with ramps and parking decks connecting the sets. The new parks would be similar opposites of the originals.

Magic Kingdom (heroes) & Dark Dominion (villains)
Epcot (futureworld/world showcase) & ? (pastworld/america showcase)
Animal Kingdom (animals) & Beastly Dominion (fantasy animals)

Surprisingly it would be Animal Kingdom who would get their sister park first. From what I've heard, Beastly Kingdom may not be completely dead. For the park and the Dragon section to be greenlit Dragon Empire and Onward will have to do good at the box office. It would have a similar layout to its sister park Animal Kingdom. With a mix of real and fantasy animals throughout the property.

The lands would consist of a central Dragon section (Discovery Island), Egypt (Africa), Australia (Asia), a Stars Wars snow planet (Dinoland) and Fantasia (Pandora).

A dark volcanic mountain will be the main icon for Beastly Dominion. It will be reminiscent of the mountain in disneysea, but vastly darker. Inside it would be a ride much like disneysea’s Journey to the Center of the Earth, but with a different type of ride vehicle.

The pyramid ride in “Egypt” meanwhile will be one of the other big time attractions in the park and will showcase mythical creatures. Like Sphynx's and other legendary creatures of Egyptian lore. The land will also feature real animals as well though like Camels, Cobras and other desert dwelling animals.

Roaring Rapids"is going to be the E-ticket for “Australia”. The main star of the attraction will be gigantic Crocodile, that attacks anyone who dears to travel on his river.

Fantasia” will have 2 main attractions. One of them being the Fantasia boat ride and the other one would be “Bald Mountain”, a rollercoaster/water ride based on one of the most famous scenes from the film. A little village and its inhabitants sit below the mountain unbeknownst to what lurks within it. Chernabog, the main antagonist is a large gargoyle-like demon who lives within the mountain. He eventually emerges from the peak of Bald Mountain where he is perched. From it he summons many dark creatures like demons, hags, and harpies that visitors will come across on their voyage through the caverns.

The secondary unheadliner attractions in the “Fantasia” section are the already aforementioned ones from the early days of planning. The animatronic of the Unicorn in the cave (which is like the setting in Paris) and the adjacent maze. Also planned as well is the Lochness Landing restaurant, which hopefully doesn't serve Lochness on the menu.

The “Star Wars” section at Beastly Dominion is rumored to be an ice planet. Possibly Hoth or a New One based on a planet from a future film or television show. The land may include Taun Tauns, a Wampa and other cold climate creatures.

I don’t have the snack locations, but the restaurant listing would consist of the following.

Dragon Section – Dragon Fire Pizza (Quick)
Fantasia – Lochness Landing (Quick)
Star Wars – Unnamed Star Wars (Table)
Australia – Tucker’s Takeaway (Quick)
Egypt – Cafe Cairo (Table)

Beastly Kingdom 5th park

Beastly Kingdom (possibly Dominion) will be the 5th park in Disney World. Unless they decide to go with Dark Dominion (villain park). The newest theme park Disney's Beastly Dominion will be located right next to AK, its sister park.

Sister parks have been discussed for all 4 parks with ramps and parking decks connecting the sets. The new parks would be similar opposites of the originals.

Surprisingly it would be Animal Kingdom who would get their sister park first. From what I've heard, Beastly Kingdom may not be completely dead. For the park and the Dragon section to be greenlit Dragon Empire and Onward will have to do good at the box office. It would have a similar layout to its sister park Animal Kingdom. With a mix of real and fantasy animals throughout the property.

The lands would consist of a central Dragon section (Discovery Island), Egypt (Africa), Australia (Asia), a Stars Wars snow planet (Dinoland) and Fantasia (Pandora).

A dark volcanic mountain will be the main icon for Beastly Dominion. It will be reminiscent of the mountain in disneysea, but vastly darker. Inside it would be a ride much like disneysea’s Journey to the Center of the Earth, but with a different type of ride vehicle.

The pyramid ride in “Egypt” meanwhile will be one of the other big time attractions in the park and will showcase mythical creatures. Like Sphynx's and other legendary creatures of Egyptian lore. The land will also feature real animals as well though like Camels, Cobras and other desert dwelling animals.

Roaring Rapids"is going to be the E-ticket for “Australia”. The main star of the attraction will be gigantic Crocodile, that attacks anyone who dears to travel on his river.

Fantasia” will have 2 main attractions. One of them being the Fantasia boat ride and the other one would be “Bald Mountain”, a rollercoaster/water ride based on one of the most famous scenes from the film. A little village and its inhabitants sit below the mountain unbeknownst to what lurks within it. Chernabog, the main antagonist is a large gargoyle-like demon who lives within the mountain. He eventually emerges from the peak of Bald Mountain where he is perched. From it he summons many dark creatures like demons, hags, and harpies that visitors will come across on their voyage through the caverns.

The secondary unheadliner attractions in the “Fantasia” section are the already aforementioned ones from the early days of planning. The animatronic of the Unicorn in the cave (which is like the setting in Paris) and the adjacent maze. Also planned as well is the Lochness Landing restaurant, which hopefully doesn't serve Lochness on the menu.

The “Star Wars” section at Beastly Dominion is rumored to be an ice planet. Possibly Hoth or a New One based on a planet from a future film or television show. The land may include Taun Tauns, a Wampa and other cold climate creatures.

I don’t have the snack locations, but the restaurant listing would consist of the following.

giphy.gif

Beastly Kingdom 5th park

A non-descript theme park themed to cancelled projects or whatever

Also, do you have a Paypal...I feel I should pay you for this information

Beastly Kingdom 5th park

This was posted two days late. (April Fool's)

The "Fantasia" section will go with the original concept for Beastly Kingdomme of Good vs. Evil.

The boat ride in the “Good” section will be similar to many other younger audience boat rides like “It’s a Small World”. Where various good characters from the film Fantasia will be shown with classical music. While “Bald Mountain” is totally different, it is in the “Bad” section and is supposed to be one of the most terrifying rides in Disney history. Similar to “Journey to Atlantis” in Sea World, it will be both a log flume and a coaster ride.

There is a very good possibility that a new version of “Fantasmic” would go in this section as well. It will be placed in the middle of the 2 sections, towards the very front of the park.

The "Fantasia" section will go with the original concept for Beastly Kingdomme of Good vs. Evil.

The boat ride in the “Good” section will be similar to many other younger audience boat rides like “It’s a Small World”. Where various good characters from the film Fantasia will be shown with classical music. While “Bald Mountain” is totally different, it is in the “Bad” section and is supposed to be one of the most terrifying rides in Disney history. Similar to “Journey to Atlantis” in Sea World, it will be both a log flume and a coaster ride.

There is a very good possibility that a new version of “Fantasmic” would go in this section as well. It will be placed in the middle of the 2 sections, towards the very front of the park.

:eek:k:

Please forgive me if this is a subject that's been talked about to death.
I wanted to get people's opinions on it.
I don't think it's been an official idea Disney has had in the past
So lies the question. Would that be a huge hit plan?
So design a huge park addition that has Maleficent's castle as the centerpiece, and many rides designed around the villains.

Obviously the rides would have to have a unique plot. Because many of Disney rides are based off their films.

Anyways, would love opinions!
Thank you guys

Please forgive me if this is a subject that's been talked about to death.
I wanted to get people's opinions on it.
I don't think it's been an official idea Disney has had in the past
So lies the question. Would that be a huge hit plan?
So design a huge park addition that has Maleficent's castle as the centerpiece, and many rides designed around the villains.

Obviously the rides would have to have a unique plot. Because many of Disney rides are based off their films.

Anyways, would love opinions!
Thank you guys
The more I think about it, the more I think a Villans Park is not a good idea, but a Villains Land would fit well at MK