Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Official "Earl of Sandwich" Thread

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Yes, their are others located throughout the US, but this is the one that started it all. The reason I bring this up is because the good Earl has started to sell the best sandwich ever created.

hts_ourfood_image_vs.png

What other sandwiches have you had there, BriMan? I know food is an entirely subjective thing, but I'd love to hear your opinion of the ones you've tried. I plan to eat at EOS for the first time while in Orlando in May. I've heard a lot about the holiday sandwich, but not much about any of their other offerings yet.

What other sandwiches have you had there, BriMan? I know food is an entirely subjective thing, but I'd love to hear your opinion of the ones you've tried. I plan to eat at EOS for the first time while in Orlando in May. I've heard a lot about the holiday sandwich, but not much about any of their other offerings yet.

Well you can't get the Holiday in May, which you should be upset about... :lol:

Off of their regular menu; I've had the Original 1762, Canonballs! (Meatball), and the Hawaiian BBQ. If you are a fan of simple, yet tasty; go with the Original. The roast beef and horseradish go awesome together.

Yeah, I figured the Holiday would be MIA in May. The Original does sound good! I might have to choose between that or some version of an Italian if they have one; I'll have to check out their menu online before we go. Like right now...

OK, like I'm a newbie and supposedly known for my 'negativity' ... I really am a positive Spirit ... but while I loved the new Earl's at DLP (largely because 5.50 Euros for a sandwich there is a BARGAIN!!!) and I think they are tasty enough, I gotta say I think much Dole Whips they are vastly overrated by the fan community.

Better than Subway, to be sure. But a great sandwich? Nah ...:drool5:

OK, like I'm a newbie and supposedly known for my 'negativity' ... I really am a positive Spirit ... but while I loved the new Earl's at DLP (largely because 5.50 Euros for a sandwich there is a BARGAIN!!!) and I think they are tasty enough, I gotta say I think much Dole Whips they are vastly overrated by the fan community.

Better than Subway, to be sure. But a great sandwich? Nah ...:drool5:

God, do you have to be so negative?! ;-)

I think they are good sandwiches, borderline great. They're really good. If I didn't have to carry a giant stick with me every time I go to DTD, I would definitely go all the time here. Alas, I've been given a quota of how many people I'm allowed to kill while at DTD and I reach the number very quickly when I'm there.

As quick-serve sandwiches go, they're good. Some are better than others, some tend to be a bit skimpy on the fillings. This could easily be a McDonalds, don't forget.

Forget the sandwiches, their tomato soup is quite possibly the best I've ever had! Once November/December hits, I usually find myself over there a few times a month enjoying a bowl on really cool evenings.

As far as the sandwiches go, I usually get either the Hawaiian BBQ or the Full Montagu (without the mustard).