The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 342 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... At this point is TCM a shoe in? If that even exists in the Horror nights world xD
Would anybody go all in on it? The rumor is still kinda early so that's why I ask if I can expect it within the lineup this year.

I love how it's a mystery on how it's actually going to be represented. A "best of" or "mashup" of all the films kinda sails my ship.

My big oh no moment rn is that it seems that the TCM house will be in need of more actors then Uni is allowed to put in them. Most of these films have more people slashers rather then things being able to replicate using animatronics. Not sure what this means for the house, but it may just be the sad reality that the house will be lacking.

how many leatherfaces were in the last house we had? i think it was only a couple? like 4 or something?

Remember that pulling in the teens = pulling in the people who can't buy drinks.

3-4 drinks in an HHN night (which would be maintaining a buzz, not getting wasted) is an incremental $35-50 of high margin revenue to Universal. If they are capping attendance lower you'd think they'd want to tend toward to the alcohol demographics, albeit a difficult balance there between maximizing $$$ and ensuring scareactor safety.

So... At this point is TCM a shoe in? If that even exists in the Horror nights world xD
Would anybody go all in on it? The rumor is still kinda early so that's why I ask if I can expect it within the lineup this year.

I love how it's a mystery on how it's actually going to be represented. A "best of" or "mashup" of all the films kinda sails my ship.

My big oh no moment rn is that it seems that the TCM house will be in need of more actors then Uni is allowed to put in them. Most of these films have more people slashers rather then things being able to replicate using animatronics. Not sure what this means for the house, but it may just be the sad reality that the house will be lacking.

Either way it'll definitely be cool to see happen, I know people don't like or want the remakes to be involved for sure, but if they go from 1, 2 & 3, skipping the 4th film and go right into TCM3D I mean it would be really weird, but I'd love to see a TCM Evolution house of all of the Leatherfaces, I just would want to see TCM 2 come to life as a house, ever since Hollywood has been getting TCM houses the most which is understandable since it's Hollywood lol, but we definitely missed out on getting a Titans house too.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Either way it'll definitely be cool to see happen, I know people don't like or want the remakes to be involved for sure, but if they go from 1, 2 & 3, skipping the 4th film and go right into TCM3D I mean it would be really weird, but I'd love to see a TCM Evolution house of all of the Leatherfaces, I just would want to see TCM 2 come to life as a house, ever since Hollywood has been getting TCM houses the most which is understandable since it's Hollywood lol, but we definitely missed out on getting a Titans house too.

Something to bring up is that TCM 3D is a direct sequel to the original that ignores the first batch of sequels. Meaning technically they would be doing “TCM 2”.

Reactions: Pedro Navarro
Something to bring up is that TCM 3D is a direct sequel to the original that ignores the first batch of sequels. Meaning technically they would be doing “TCM 2”.
OH YOUR RIGHT! I forgot about that, went right over my head, it picks up right after the first film, yeah, honestly I'd rather have the original TCM 2, I know it's 80s cheesy slasher but it's a really good film, and brought us Bill Moseley as the insane cannibalistic crazed Choptop, the masks they used in Hollywood for Choptop were eh, and knowing that we used real actors, it would be really cool see scareactors as Choptop and of course holding onto Nubbins.

I don’t hate Iron Maiden. I honestly don’t care about Iron Maiden. I can’t think of a single one of their songs. It’s entirely possible I’ve never even heard any of their music before.

What I hate are unnecessary and incessant conversations about what is or isn’t “appropriate” for HHN. If it shows up, someone decided it was appropriate. It’s not our place, as fans, to pass judgement on it. It’s there. Move on.

There are objective reasons why Billie Eilish is rumored, just as there are objective reasons why previous albums appeared beyond “appropriateness,” and there are objective reasons why Universal hasn’t pursued other bands. Personal opinion doesn’t matter. The situation just IS.

But, there’s now two pages of discussion about a band with no connection to HHN other than “want,” stemming from fans who refuse to accept that Universal is more interested in marketing to teens and early 20-something’s who like pop music than cater to the taste of fans who are showing up to the regardless of what the houses are.

If you want to talk about Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Slipknot, or Kenny G, take it to the Wishful Thinking thread. If you’re sore that Universal could bring Billie Eilish to the event, tough. Her visuals work. The music can work. If you can’t see that, that’s your own lack of creativity. Every year, there’s a least anticipated, “I don’t know how this will work,” house that ends becoming a fan favorite. I HOPE it’s Billie this year. I hope Beetlejuice is a wet fart and Billie Eilish is a GOAT, because the petulant gatekeeping on the topic has been infuriating.

That’s what I hate.

Thank you this is exactly how I feel. HHN will be trying different things and different themes if they work then great if not then most likely it will not come back, but give it a chance.

Reactions: Pedro Navarro
I just watched TCM2 last night and all I can say is I wanna see people fighting with chainsaws lmao

final room my dude lol :dance::freak:

83T3RdU.gif

If Billie ellish gets her own house at the event it will more then likely be popular at first but it will die down in popularity and be one of the less popular houses. If iron maiden or slipknot got there own house it would probably be one of the more successful houses because even if teens haven’t herad of them the house would be so good it wouldn’t matter kind of like killer klowns most teens haven’t heard of them but it turned out to be one of the greatest things hhn had to offer.

If Billie ellish gets her own house at the event it will more then likely be popular at first but it will die down in popularity and be one of the less popular houses. If iron maiden or slipknot got there own house it would probably be one of the more successful houses because even if teens haven’t herad of them the house would be so good it wouldn’t matter kind of like killer klowns most teens haven’t heard of them but it turned out to be one of the greatest things hhn had to offer.
Music houses at HHN haven't done very well historically.

However, if Billie is doing the soundtrack and perhaps visuals to bolster a house then it could be one of the best.

She is quite talented and certainly serves visuals.

Personally, I like when Universal mashes a musician with a property.

I don’t hate Iron Maiden. I honestly don’t care about Iron Maiden. I can’t think of a single one of their songs. It’s entirely possible I’ve never even heard any of their music before.

What I hate are unnecessary and incessant conversations about what is or isn’t “appropriate” for HHN. If it shows up, someone decided it was appropriate. It’s not our place, as fans, to pass judgement on it. It’s there. Move on.

There are objective reasons why Billie Eilish is rumored, just as there are objective reasons why previous albums appeared beyond “appropriateness,” and there are objective reasons why Universal hasn’t pursued other bands. Personal opinion doesn’t matter. The situation just IS.

But, there’s now two pages of discussion about a band with no connection to HHN other than “want,” stemming from fans who refuse to accept that Universal is more interested in marketing to teens and early 20-something’s who like pop music than cater to the taste of fans who are showing up to the regardless of what the houses are.

If you want to talk about Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Slipknot, or Kenny G, take it to the Wishful Thinking thread. If you’re sore that Universal could bring Billie Eilish to the event, tough. Her visuals work. The music can work. If you can’t see that, that’s your own lack of creativity. Every year, there’s a least anticipated, “I don’t know how this will work,” house that ends becoming a fan favorite. I HOPE it’s Billie this year. I hope Beetlejuice is a wet fart and Billie Eilish is a GOAT, because the petulant gatekeeping on the topic has been infuriating.

That’s what I hate.
You should listen to iron maiden give them a chance you’ll probably like it.

TCM 2 has a lot of good scenes, the ending of the house would be cool to see Stretch come out with the chainsaw for the final scare and when you think it's over, Choptop gets you with one more too. Even though this is fantasy booking for as house, lets just hope w.e. this TCM house is, its on the same level as the first two.

• Love
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Music houses at HHN haven't done very well historically.

However, if Billie is doing the soundtrack and perhaps visuals to bolster a house then it could be one of the best.

She is quite talented and certainly serves visuals.

Personally, I like when Universal mashes a musician with a property.

if universal cuts tickets by 50% or whatever they do, and if the app forces you to go from house to house,
then it will be very weird for crowd and popularity. it is going to be a super strange year, who knows how it all works out,
and without the repeats of the frequent fear crowd i guess house visits will be all weird, very weird year this will be, ]
a guided app tour and diminished repeats, weird.

Lmao! It’s going to be hilarious if Billie ends up being HOTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.