The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 496 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation does have its own thread, your on it now lol. Also, drop this whole argument for christ sake.

I'm going to be brutally honest. These posts are part of the problem. There is no argument. It's a productive conversation to try to acknowledge and shift this discussion to prevent future issues. There's no reason to instantly shut it down just to go right back to ticket talk for the 400th time for the sake of filling time until something is announced. The mods aren't stepping in to shut it down and are actually liking many of the posts on this discussion.

As for @Midnight Detective - Unfortunately, a lot of your suggestions are already implemented. Speculation already has its own thread and looking at the OP of this thread, you'll see that Brian has a solid disclaimer at the very top even. With the "There's absolutely a point, there's been hints, but at this point can anyone be faulted when 5 pages pass in minutes?" question, I think @ChaseTuff nailed it:

A lot of people here don’t seem to realize when they reach the edge on a topic, you don’t jump down the cliff to search for more on that same topic.

The pages get clogged and hard to navigate at times because discussion almost becomes filler at points while waiting for announcements. Unfortunately, this year is fairly lackluster in terms of buildup which makes it harder, but it also doesn't mean this thread has to be active 24/7/365 regardless. As much as I love HHN, there isn't always something to actively speculate at any given moment. It's why users like @Legacy give us teasers. It keeps the speculation fleshed out and interesting during the lulls of the quieter months. It might be time to start the annual "Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information" thread so that people can freely discuss the ever-changing landscape of tickets/passes this year without making it harder to navigate through the speculation thread. :shrug:

Last edited:
I'm going to be brutally honest. These posts are part of the problem. There is no argument. It's a productive conversation to try to acknowledge and shift this discussion to prevent future issues. There's no reason to instantly shut it down just to go right back to ticket talk for the 400th time for the sake of filling time until something is announced. The mods aren't stepping in to shut it down and are actually liking many of the posts on this discussion.
I know my absence won’t make nearly as much as a difference as JJ’s, but I’m logging out until this blows over if this is the current state of the thread.

If there’s nothing to talk about and you want to take a break, great. Because there’s nothing new popping up right now.

I don’t think anyone’s saying there should be a complete drought on the thread, but in that same vein, there is no need for constant, consistent noise with no knowledge behind it. Because that’s just empty noise.

Didn't want to pitch my 2 cents but here we go. The world right now is in state no-one has ever experienced before, countries have been shut down, and many people have lost jobs and families due to this matter. With what little hope is out in the world right now this thread gives people the chance to escape the chaos and the harsh truth of the world, and gives people the opportunity to become creative and interact with friends that enjoy horror and theme parks to ease the mind. Yes sometimes we can get a little out of hand (especially 500 pages worth) but whose to judge what makes people happy we are all here for one purpose and thats to share the love of HHN. It makes me upset to see people argue about unchangeable outcomes (such as if/should the event happen this year), if you chose not to attend the event this year than thats your own action and are valid to go that way, but what bothers me is when people judge or attack others for having a opinion that doesn't match their own. As of now the event IS happening, houses are done and announcements are soon to be coming. To wrap this up and keep It on track of HHN, I look forward to the event even with the current situation. I hope this thread continues to make peoples days better and share the love and experiences of HHN. What scenes, characters, and merchandise do ya'll want to see this year? Im hoping for a return of BEAR, a scene from tomb of the ancients or dead waters in the anniversary house, and a couple nods from last years monsters house in the brides house. :clap:

OK so now that a few got some things off of your chest, I guess we can step in...

A lot of the users brought up some great points (see @Tbad556 and @ChaseTuff) so I don't want to drill it in any more than it has. I think one major problem is that there seems to be a good amount of users who hover in just this thread alone (or at least the HHN section), and that can probably lead to some "stir craziness". We had every intention of trying to control this thread and felt we were doing pretty good up until all the COVID craziness started happening. Because it's been such a stressful time in the real world, I feel we've also been pretty good with letting the thread be its own thing outside of trying to at least keep it on track a few times. This thread has been one of the toughest ones to mod over the years because of the need to talk about something instead of letting the discussion happen organically and admittedly there's a thin line of what is speculation and what isn't. Speculation, in our minds, is based upon some semblance of fact or, at least, some "verified" rumor. I know it's difficult to really decipher what is verified or not, especially because those who know obviously can't share how they know or divulge much beyond some bread crumb discussion (and that opens up another issue because I know very well a few hate how that information is shared/the users who share them). I know we had this convo before a few months ago, but we've reached almost 500 pages on an event that we know practically nothing about and that's kinda nuts. As evident by some of the posters in the past few pages, some just come here for concrete info. Due to that, we tend to err on the side of their forum experience - because ultimately, it helps everyone when the thread is presented with some structure. As posted on Day 1 - "there will be periods where there is no speculation or news, and that's OK. When there's something to discuss, there will be something to discuss." The forum exists beyond the Spec thread, and - within reason - you can talk to your heart's content on other threads about theme parks. The Icon and Lore thread created the other day is such a "duh" convo to have but it finally took THIS YEAR to create it. I really wanted to let you guys vent because we're kinda stuck on how to go forward other than just outright shutting down Spec and keeping discussions strictly about what gets actually announced.

Jeez - everybody settle down. I saw on my news feed today that Conjuring 3 was postponed and thought it was worth mentioning seeing as how our very first @Legacy clue THIS year was in fact Conjuring. Y'all need to chill a little imo. I'm gonna sign off for a bit - way too tense and acrimonious in here lately. Calm down.

I'd ask to please just see the other side of things and don't stay away for too long. I've been doing this for a long time, and the mods have been around a bit to know that even though you had every intention of making an innocent post, it can spiral out of control. Hope you come back sooner rather than later.

OK so now that a few got some things off of your chest, I guess we can step in...

A lot of the users brought up some great points (see @Tbad556 and @ChaseTuff) so I don't want to drill it in any more than it has. I think one major problem is that there seems to be a good amount of users who hover in just this thread alone (or at least the HHN section), and that can probably lead to some "stir craziness". We had every intention of trying to control this thread and felt we were doing pretty good up until all the COVID craziness started happening. Because it's been such a stressful time in the real world, I feel we've also been pretty good with letting the thread be its own thing outside of trying to at least keep it on track a few times. This thread has been one of the toughest ones to mod over the years because of the need to talk about something instead of letting the discussion happen organically and admittedly there's a thin line of what is speculation and what isn't. Speculation, in our minds, is based upon some semblance of fact or, at least, some "verified" rumor. I know it's difficult to really decipher what is verified or not, especially because those who know obviously can't share how they know or divulge much beyond some bread crumb discussion (and that opens up another issue because I know very well a few hate how that information is shared/the users who share them). I know we had this convo before a few months ago, but we've reached almost 500 pages on an event that we know practically nothing about and that's kinda nuts. As evident by some of the posters in the past few pages, some just come here for concrete info. Due to that, we tend to err on the side of their forum experience - because ultimately, it helps everyone when the thread is presented with some structure. As posted on Day 1 - "there will be periods where there is no speculation or news, and that's OK. When there's something to discuss, there will be something to discuss." The forum exists beyond the Spec thread, and - within reason - you can talk to your heart's content on other threads about theme parks. The Icon and Lore thread created the other day is such a "duh" convo to have but it finally took THIS YEAR to create it. I really wanted to let you guys vent because we're kinda stuck on how to go forward other than just outright shutting down Spec and keeping discussions strictly about what gets actually announced.

I'd ask to please just see the other side of things and don't stay away for too long. I've been doing this for a long time, and the mods have been around a bit to know that even though you had every intention of making an innocent post, it can spiral out of control. Hope you come back sooner rather than later.

Just spitballing a bit here. Is it time to get the "Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information" and "Construction" threads going to possibly spread out & encourage some of the discussion while staying organized on actual speculation here? I know typically the Tickets thread isn't posted until tickets are fully announced, but that's typically early June and maybe with the unpredictable nature of this year, we open it up to allow for discussions on things like the BOGO tickets and such along with future announcements since it's such a common discussion point? Construction is obviously lackluster right now, but the Tribute Store forming is a good start and we usually have lighting rigs and more starting to go up by July 31st/August 1st with RTU no longer being in September, so it should become active incredibly soon.

None of this is to say that the "stir craziness" is fine when spread out amongst several threads, but some of the discussion can be valid in the right locations and it can help the aforementioned confusion at the very least.

So, not sure if this belongs in this thread but I just bought my BOGO tickets and I spoke to a team member because I had a question, since you can’t pick the dates, would you be turned away for limited capacity? The team member said that if you are staying at a universal hotel, at any level, you would be guaranteed entry and not turned away.
I wonder how much truth there is to this. Because if it's true, I'll definitely be staying at Surfside Inn to guarantee my entry.

So, not sure if this belongs in this thread but I just bought my BOGO tickets and I spoke to a team member because I had a question, since you can’t pick the dates, would you be turned away for limited capacity? The team member said that if you are staying at a universal hotel, at any level, you would be guaranteed entry and not turned away.
I can't find anything on the ticket that says anything like "admission not guaranteed if capacity is reached" or anything like that, so I kinda wonder if they have a set aside chunk of capacity each night specifically for bogo holders. Either that or they just didn't have the foresight that they might wanna explain that due to lowered capacity admission isnt guaranteed.

I wonder how much truth there is to this. Because if it's true, I'll definitely be staying at Surfside Inn to guarantee my entry.
I don’t know, but we are flying in week of the 21st of Oct, and when I went to go buy my BOGO tickets I couldn’t pick a date. So I called and said I’m coming from out of state and I heard there will be limited capacity, what happens if I have my tickets and can’t get in? and she told me that if you are staying on universal property and have tickets you will be guaranteed entry into the event. I sure hope it’s true-I’d hate to pay for flights/hotel specifically to go and be turned away.

Reactions: CoopF22
I don’t know, but we are flying in week of the 21st of Oct, and when I went to go buy my BOGO tickets I couldn’t pick a date. So I called and said I’m coming from out of state and I heard there will be limited capacity, what happens if I have my tickets and can’t get in? and she told me that if you are staying on universal property and have tickets you will be guaranteed entry into the event. I sure hope it’s true-I’d hate to pay for flights/hotel specifically to go and be turned away.
I mean hopefully we wont end up in a situation where people have to be turned away at all, since I dont think thats happened much at the day park if at all. I might be in a bit of trouble if that does happen though, since I don't know if I'll be able to afford staying on property, but I might have to find a way if thats the only way im guaranteed to get in.

I can't find anything on the ticket that says anything like "admission not guaranteed if capacity is reached" or anything like that, so I kinda wonder if they have a set aside chunk of capacity each night specifically for bogo holders. Either that or they just didn't have the foresight that they might wanna explain that due to lowered capacity admission isnt guaranteed.

I would assume they budget a certain amount extra each night for flex ticket holders. I've worked in the haunted house industry for a long time. Usually when a haunt does timed ticketing (certain number per hour - not much different than limited capacity per night) they leave extra spots in each time block to allow space for people who show up late for their time, walk-ins who didn't pre-purchase, etc. I assume HHN has something similar in place.

Reactions: Spookies n' Stuff
I don't mean to derail from speculation again, but there isn't really a specific thread for this sort of question. Do the shuttles that go from the park to the hotels that are beyond walking distance still run by the time HHN closes every night or are they pretty much only running during daytime operations? Can't find much info anywhere.

I don't mean to derail from speculation again, but there isn't really a specific thread for this sort of question. Do the shuttles that go from the park to the hotels that are beyond walking distance still run by the time HHN closes every night or are they pretty much only running during daytime operations? Can't find much info anywhere.

Yea, they still run when the event closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.