The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 515 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gonna say this, I expect 2021 to pick up where this year left off in the sense of IPs. I think we’ll see Hill House, Beetlejuice, Eilish, & Brides coming back since none of them had rights issues. Not expecting the originals to get cut either.

Overall great decision by Universal, hopefully next year will be even better than what they planned for this year :).

Just gonna say this, I expect 2021 to pick up where this year left off in the sense of IPs. I think we’ll see Hill House, Beetlejuice, Eilish, & Brides coming back since none of them had rights issues. Not expecting the originals to get cut either.

Overall great decision by Universal, hopefully next year will be even better than what they planned for this year :).

Wait so it was TC3D that pulled out? I thought it was HoHH. That’d be nice if next year has the planned lineup for this year minus TC3D.

(Do you have inside info or are you just doing as your name suggests?)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Living Dead Dude
Hadn't planned on logging back in so soon. But figured with the news today the thread would be locked soon, so wanted to take a minute to thank @Legacy for providing clues during the spec months and to all the members who took the time to engage the clues and help me out with getting the spreadsheet organized and correct and stuff. Also thanks to those that have private messaged me intermittently, especially over the past few days - I saw your messages and appreciate them, I just wanted to disengage from here for a bit; but, alas, as our time here has come to an end for this year, so I wanted to come back real quick to say goodbye until we reconvene in 2021. Peace!

Seems like last minute call,TMs that were casted already haven't received and email or call stating that they were out of a job... It is upsetting that people went through the whole ticket and hotel reservations as well. Might be too early to ask this question (doubting anyone actually knows) but will recasting be done for next year, or will they recall who they have already hired?

• Sad
Reactions: Frogki
Seems like last minute call,TMs that were casted already haven't received and email or call stating that they were out of a job... It is upsetting that people went through the whole ticket and hotel reservations as well. Might be too early to ask this question (doubting anyone actually knows) but will recasting be done for next year, or will they recall who they have already hired?
I suppose that would depend on whether they can keep the IPs they have, among other issues.

Reactions: Grabnar
Just last night my husband and I were trying to come up with the ticket game plan (if they went live when he was at work, I’d have to do purchasing without his input otherwise), and he suggested that if it was either cancelled or we decided not to go for safety reasons, we’d take that RIP money and have fun.

So, uh, if HHN wants to do any VR specials, we may have an Oculus in the near future...

Wait so it was TCM that had issues? I thought it was HoHH. That’d be nice.
Hill House is still most likely imo. I think the thought is that since TCM was a last minute addition, that'd be the one to get cut over any of the others.

Billie/Brides are Universal owned, and BJ/Netflix have precedent with HHN rights-wise. If one IP was dropped next year, it'd be TCM.

Sorry, I'm with @RevFreako on this one. This thread was alarmingly incognizant of the spikes in COVID cases in relation to this event. Ultimately, I'm sure it came down to the numbers continuing to trend upward for FL. Not surprised in this least. I was more surprised at everyone's fierce adamance that the event absolutely would go on AND look similar to all the years past. Yeah, no.

In the great words of Ian Malcolm..
ShockedNastyGrouse-size_restricted.gif

Sorry, I'm with @RevFreako on this one. This thread was alarmingly incognizant of the spikes in COVID cases in relation to this event. Ultimately, I'm sure it came down to the numbers continuing to trend upward for FL. Not surprised in this least. I was more surprised at everyone's fierce adamance that the event absolutely would go on AND look similar to all the years past. Yeah, no.

In the great words of Ian Malcolm..
ShockedNastyGrouse-size_restricted.gif
Ok cool. You can stop now.

Status
Not open for further replies.