The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the thing. Universal wants money and attendance. Slipknot isn’t brining any of that in. A super popular singer is. I don’t really see the connection to HHN, but can see why they choose her over others. She is a Universal signed artist and massively popular.

Still strange as hell to concede the lagoon show to Billie Eillish on the 30th anniversary of the event. You can literally watch her videos and listen to her music anywhere anytime. Why does it have to be at HHN 30? It doesn’t.

I was hoping the lagoon show this year would consist of music and visuals from past IPs with one of the icons as a host. The Usher Presents The Silver Screams Lagoon Show.
Using past IPs means re-purchasing the rights to them.

Using past IPs means re-purchasing the rights to them.

An unless HHN is planning to use said past IP's as a house or zone, I highly doubt they'd repurchase them as a cameo in a lagoon show. An with what's been currently rumored, all the IP's so far are pretty much brand new to the event. Anything of the past is most likely originals.

I'm 44 (thousand) years old and dislike most things I hear on the radio these days (or the past 20ish years), but I'll give it a shot. If they are sort of forced into using her stuff, I assume it will be focused on her and her work and not as background music to a fun horror montage? I was very much hoping for a fun horror montage after last year, or at least an anniversary show. It would be nice if there could be two lagoon shows, but maybe alternating shows would be difficult and confusing. I almost hope I hate the show and everyone else loves it so I can enjoy shorter lines during show times. Yessss chiildren... go to your show... see your Killie Ghoulish as I enjoy this house featuring Jason Voorhees I'm trying to will into existence.

An unless HHN is planning to use said past IP's as a house or zone, I highly doubt they'd repurchase them as a cameo in a lagoon show. An with what's been currently rumored, all the IP's so far are pretty much brand new to the event. Anything of the past is most likely originals.
That’s still purchasing the IP.

You know Rob you have a point, I mean if it sorta drowns out the lines of the house I mean I would be fine with it but honestly still think its a waste you know, I understand they want money and attendance but there are other ways they can figure out than using a pop star to hold it together or something, honestly after last year I would have love to see Marathon Of Mayhem II happen over Ellish.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
So I went back and looked at @Legacy clue #4 again. The band The Sane Abandoned play in Chicago. While Candyman and Chucky were brought up I looked for a new option. I looked up “Chicago horror” and found this. What about Poltergeist 3.(I know it skipping Poltergeist 2)View attachment 11512

I mean not necessarily, I could see them calling the house Poltergeist II and featuring the third film as the ending sorta like ST 2 and still having season 3 as the ending but I mean the first house was pretty cool, the second and third film are sorta blurry for me to remember but there were some cool characters and scenes, most notably the Preacher, Reverend Kane and his sinister singing in the film was very creepy.

I hope all this Conjuring chatter isn't borne out of my guess on Legacy's first clue. I looked back through this thread and I think I was one of the first to mention it, and it was only after the Coat of Arms clue (I think one other person was connecting the same dots). Though that's where the clues led me, it was still a guess - and Legacy has not confirmed that it was the correct trail of breadcrumbs. If this is coming from elsewhere then great, but please don't put too much stock into any of my guesses because I don't actually know what the heck I'm talking about - I'm just having fun trying to decipher the clues.

Screw it.

Hollywood is rumored to get a Billie Eilish house. Rumor is Marketing told Orlando to do a house, but A&D refused on the house and conceded the lagoon to her.

Geesh... there’s more to HHN than houses and zones.
You kind of hinted at this with your comment yesterday that last year's Mayhem had houses with music attached to it. I still have no idea who this person is. But if the music is bad like some here are intimating, I'd certainly prefer a zone to the lagoon show; but, that's because I thought the lagoon show last year was amazing. But, whatever, it's not in our hands and, if it's handled correctly, I'm sure it will be enjoyable. If it's not, then I'll watch it once and move on the other plethora of things to do.

I agree, but it’s still going to waste a lot of talented people’s time to create something that they’re dispassionate about.

Is this concept even that big of a draw? The album will be 18 months old by the time HHN starts. Eillish is on tour playing most major US cities including Orlando and the LA area. Perhaps I’m naive, but who’s going to HHN because Billie Eillish has a lagoon show? Or even her own HHN house in Hollywood (which I now realize I’ve already committed to experiencing :ack:).
Please don’t take any of the following as condescending:

She has ~50 million Instagram followers (45th in the world), and is the 7th most listened to artist on Spotify.

This concept will draw. Hell, a cardboard cutout standee of Billie would draw. She is the equivalent of Stranger Things in terms of mass appeal.

Also, to play devil’s advocate, Zombie’s album was about 21 years old at the time of HHN29, so 18 months is really nothing in terms of time

That’s still purchasing the IP.
She’s a Universal Music Group artist. It’s a lot cheaper.
So I went back and looked at @Legacy clue #4 again. The band The Sane Abandoned play in Chicago. While Candyman and Chucky were brought up I looked for a new option. I looked up “Chicago horror” and found this. What about Poltergeist 3.(I know it skipping Poltergeist 2)View attachment 11512
Regarding this clue, and all of them really:

I previously tried to explain how I determine these clues, saying I start with the solution and therefore going the opposite direction as you. Thinking back on it, this was still an inelegant way to explain it. So, I‘m going to rephrase a bit.

I start with the rumor (the answer). That’s actually a change from previous years (where I started with a theme for the clues), and makes the clues purposefully more difficult. But remembering that I start with the rumor is important because it means I know relevant information about the answer—such as associated locations, dates, story, and context. Those four things are what look for to find the right clue.

But what does that mean? I’ve reiterated the “date and location” aspect of house-related clues, because those are two things I immediately look for. The reason is because it combines a narrow facet and a very broad facet.

Locations are easy. It’s where the story takes place or where it was filmed. The “date” though, oh boy. It can be the year a story took place, the day a movie was released, a quote (like the Doctor Who clue), a birthday (like the Billie Eilish clue for Hollywood), anything.

The solution to these clues is pinpointing how the broad (location) and narrow (date) intersect. My clues are literally one (or two) steps beyond that intersection.

For the non-house clues (which one remains unsolved), I use story or context. But it’s still the same process—look up an aspect of the rumor that interests me, find something that relates, and go one step further. To find my Orlando Billie Eilish clue, I literally googled “billie eilish music video director.” The clue came from the first article that popped up.

These are HARD. By design. You have to think and research to figure them out.

Last edited:
She’s a Universal Music Group artist. It’s a lot cheaper.
Regarding this clue, and all of them really:

I previously tried to explain how I determine these clues, saying I start with the solution and therefore going the opposite direction as you. Thinking back on it, this was still an inelegant way to explain it. So, I‘m going to rephrase a bit.

I start with the rumor (the answer). That’s actually a change from previous years (where I started with a theme for the clues), and makes the clues purposefully more difficult. But remembering that I start with the rumor is important because it means I know relevant information about the answer—such as associated locations, dates, story, and context. Those four things are what look for to find the right clue.

But what does that mean? I’ve reiterated the “date and location” aspect of house-related clues, because those are two things I immediately look for. The reason is because it combines a narrow facet and a very broad facet.

Locations are easy. It’s where the story takes place or where it was filmed. The “date” though, oh boy. It can be the year a story took place, the day a movie was released, a quote (like the Doctor Who clue), a birthday (like the Billie Eilish clue for Hollywood), anything.

The solution to these clues is pinpointing how the broad (location) and narrow (date) intersect. My clues are literally one (or two) steps beyond that intersection.

For the non-house clues (which one remains unsolved), I use story or context. But it’s still the same process—look up an aspect of the rumor that interests me, find something that relates, and go one step further. To find my Orlando Billie Eilish clue, I literally googled “billie eilish music video director.” The clue came from the first article that popped up.

These are HARD. By design. You have to think and research to figure them out.

What was most unfortunate was, when I reverse-searched your image, that article never came up for some reason. Maybe I used the wrong reverse-search engine. But I clicked through a whole bunch of links, and that one never came up which is pretty stupid because I just googled "billie eilish music video director" and, as you said, the first article is from news.artnet.com and has the picture right there in the middle of it. But my reverse search never pulled that particular article up :(

Went back to this applied what Legacy just said so I’m gonna take a quick stab at this.

So, this was the first clue posted which means (1) It has to be an IP, and (2) It was the first one locked or designed if it’s already being discussed. At this time we only have 3 consistent speculated IPs(Conjuring, Candyman, Billie as the Lagoon Show), meaning this must be one of the 2 left since Billie’s is cracked.

So:

1. Francis Keough was the Bishop of Providence, Rhode Island.

2. Bishop of the Catholic Faith(Indicated by “Mary Our Hope” on the coat of arms

3. Harrisville, Rhode Island is the location of The Conjuring 1.

4. He also was born in New Britain, Connecticut, being the state where the Warren Museum is located and being the central location of the Conjuring-Verse. Also, Conjuring 2 takes place in Britain.

5. Not really a step, but the Catholic Faith is a prominent part of the Conjuring movies - and the Nun is literally a horror version of a Catholic religious figure.

So Clue 1 = The Conjuring

I thought it could be Candyman but the only ties are “Mary” -> Bloody Mary -> Candyman or “Archbishop of the Poor” -> Cabrini Green -> Candyman. Conjuring has a lot more ties to this clue so I think that’s the final answer.

Last edited:
What was most unfortunate was, when I reverse-searched your image, that article never came up for some reason. Maybe I used the wrong reverse-search engine. But I clicked through a whole bunch of links, and that one never came up which is pretty stupid because I just googled "billie eilish music video director" and, as you said, the first article is from news.artnet.com and has the picture right there in the middle of it. But my reverse search never pulled that particular article up :(
I found a different source/host for the image separate from the article to confuse reverse searches like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.