Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the list of people who wouldn’t mind seeing an enforced age limit on unaccompanied minors.

I’d say 90% of the time kids don’t bother me, but the last straw for me at HHN was seeing a teenager (he at least looked roughly 15/16) vomiting profusely on the grass near the train station. Just didn’t even bother looking for a bathroom, I guess? I completely get how fun an event like that would be with your friend group when you’re kids, but either things have gotten a little too out of hand-or I’m getting too old. I’m probably too old, but still, for the price their parents are paying for those tickets I’d really like to think they’re being taught how to act in public and if not maybe Universal should do at least something to even enforce a code of conduct at this point.

I'm hoping this year is the last we see Stranger Things at the event for at least several years.

I wonder if that Tooth Fairly/folktale house will return next year. Not a guaranty obviously but if props or scenic at least have already been partially built, might be a good tactic since it's already started, right?

I think next year needs to be like a 3 IP/7 original split or so personally.

They already did all 3 seasons of ST as houses and season 4 is supposed to come out around December. Hopefully they don't just give us another house of seasons 1,2 and 3 mashed up again.

Would like a Hill House haunt personally. I loved that first season.

Castlevania would be awesome, but they'd probably have to get the rights from Konami.

Also I'm expecting American Horror Story probably comes back.

Considering the state of Konami right now, nope. Would love a Castlevania house though.

Whats going on with Konami? Why would they be hard to ask?
Uni already had silent hill and that went well. The connection is already there at least.

Just read through the entire thread: I think Beetlejuice would be fun! And like was mentioned earlier, one “fun” house a year is a good change of pace for the night. The problem is when it starts shifting that way.

I don’t know if I’m breaking the rules with this as it’s more of a wish then speculation so I apologize if it is and feel free to edit it.

But my wife and I have always thought it would be so cool to have a Jurassic Park house! Thinking a lot of puppets and “good guys” scares. Like JP workers who have been attacked jumping at you. If done right it could a very scary house, and bonus, it’s a Universal property.

Whats going on with Konami? Why would they be hard to ask?
Uni already had silent hill and that went well. The connection is already there at least.
Let's just say, they no longer have a reputation to be proud of. I could be wrong on them working with Universal again, but Konami's new leadership is...weird.

That's on the parent at that point. If the rule is changed, and they still bought the ticket ignoring the warning, that is not Universal's problem. I can promise you the headache of the outraged parent will be less than the trouble some of these jerks cause.
But how much of a headache would it be for the team members that have to deal with them? I’ve seen guests get upset this year just because they printed out the wrong ticket/didn’t print it out at all and they didn’t know until they get to the turnstiles. They get mad at the team members, who sometimes aren’t able to get backup or security for a little bit.

Buuut if we’re getting purely selfish, I know I’ve been held up by those stubborn people that refuse to leave the line for upwards of ten minutes, sooo...

As a self-proclaimed scholar of all things HHN 15, I can confirm this. The best part about this origin is that it's insanely accessible for new fans to learn about. It's nothing too terribly complicated, and it's a blast from the past that hardcore fans have been wanting.

Here's something that I have yet to see, though. The Terra Queen has a different form with every reincarnation and sacrifice, so the design team could theoretically design her and Terra Cruentus however they like. The lore is flexible enough to allow this. This has the potential to extend to the Storyteller as well. She is, in fact, the "creator" of Terra Cruentus as well as a powerful being with supernatural abilities.

.... ugh getting my hopes up and its not even 2020! The only thing that would top this is B&T.

Let's just say, they no longer have a reputation to be proud of. I could be wrong on them working with Universal again, but Konami's new leadership is...weird.

I know they desecrated silent hill and castlevania with pachinko machines lol :lol:
But if theres money to be made for konami i think they would say yes right away, and uni can use the netflix connection to promote it and to take ideas from.

Status
Not open for further replies.