The Purge: Dangerous Waters (HHN 2023) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Purge: Dangerous Waters (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well we BARELY made it bull the skin of our teeth, but we pulled it off and saw Purge! Just BARELY though! I’ll give more thought on my review but I enjoyed it.

Still, like DTH said, I shouldn’t have to make those choices paying for top spot AND early access.

I’m angry for you. You should be asking for some sort of make good, because I was told literally every other night of the event is gonna be a 2am close. The cast found out tonight they’d wrap early.

I’m angry for you. You should be asking for some sort of make good, because I was told literally every other night of the event is gonna be a 2am close. The cast found out tonight they’d wrap early.
Yeah, I wonder if I can email them about this, because this was the only major downer here. Everyone could've sworn the event would close at 2:00 but why 1:00 suddenly? I feel kinda stiffed and felt kinda rushed and frantic at the end of the night.

The show was ok. a bad storyline using the same stunts as WW seems like a cheap way to add capacity to the event. I am glad there is something different than the Jabberwockies but this aint it.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Apologies if this has been covered — but can they just run Waterworld at night? Is the fear that it's not different enough from the daytime offerings?

Apologies if this has been covered — but can they just run Waterworld at night? Is the fear that it's not different enough from the daytime offerings?
I would think so. If it was regular WW I wouldn’t have gone. They could have just done waterworld added the blood and called it a day too! Maybe they could have used that budget to get rid of the black walls lol

They can definitely run Waterworld at night and regularly do when the park is open late for at least one show. This was intended to be something quite a bit different than what we ultimately got, but it seems to be fine enough. Hopefully they can take another crack at it next year...

They can definitely run Waterworld at night and regularly do when the park is open late for at least one show. This was intended to be something quite a bit different than what we ultimately got, but it seems to be fine enough. Hopefully they can take another crack at it next year...
I think they could do a sequel to the original story
Have the sequel to the show be when the Purgers have taken over the island and the Senator’s family or the government or something is out for revenge.
Just do something that’s a little more substantial than just a Purge show with the exact same beats as WW. IMO it worked for the first year doing it but I hope they expand the concept a little more.

I agree the show feels lacking, but I do wonder what more they could really do? There's the plane but that's about it I think?

It would be cool to see them do a show with the 1.0/pre-2014(?) pacing...

The stunts are fine, but my issue is the story needed to be a bit more chaotic to start. Having a few people walk out onto the platform was so boring. At beginning of WW, they have people hyping up the crowd, squirting people, and then getting to their stations for something exciting. First thing, someone comes in on a boat. In Purge, it feels like 3-4 minutes of just people standing around with no big props -- I mentioned this in my review, but that's a BIG arena with people way off in the bleachers and if all they are going to do is stand there and talk, it's going to get boring QUICK.

Change the beginning to be more WW style, add some raunchy humor, turn up the blood even more, and the show is solid -- even with the crappy writing/storyline -- just amp it up a couple notches.

Reactions: HHN Maddux