The Tribute Stores Thread | Inside Universal Forums

The Tribute Stores Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wallet after I get thru it. Those mold a ramas are dope!
wallet-john-travolta.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ahmanet
By all accounts, they are starting to lean into the nostalgia factor. Kong, Retro merch, Legacy Store, Tribute Store, Escape Rooms, and soon Monsters land. This seems like the right move to honor the past, while still producing new rides around new IP.

Did they give any info on when this is opening? I’m assuming either later today, tomorrow, or Saturday, but they’re responding to everyone who’s asking on twitter with a generic “we don’t have any information yet” message which seems like a weird thing to do when they’re having a media day specifically for the store lol

Did they give any info on when this is opening? I’m assuming either later today, tomorrow, or Saturday, but they’re responding to everyone who’s asking on twitter with a generic “we don’t have any information yet” message which seems like a weird thing to do when they’re having a media day specifically for the store lol

Just saw this when they were replying to someone in the Inside universal thread.12DA3A2D-28B2-4A90-A53A-F46D833A4017.jpeg

Reactions: ParkRumors

In the first look video I wonder what they blurred on the wall in the room at 0:12 to 0:22. Anyone have any idea?

In the first look video I wonder what they blurred on the wall in the room at 0:12 to 0:22. Anyone have any idea?

It's typically due to them not being sure they're able to show a licensed character/property in advertisements. I believe it's one of the movie posters on Elliot's wall. Not sure which one, but likely not a Universal property.

Reactions: jb123
The details are crazy. The Jaws room in particular is like a museum dedicated to the ride. The skipper’s grenade launcher, lights from the queue, boathouse props, and the queue video is even playing. The BTTF queue video is even playing. Along with the Kong photo op it almost feels like a mini opening day USF. Hopefully the merch flies off the shelves so Universal knows how much these properties are still cared for!

Rooms are all amazingly detailed ... the retro movie theater concessions stand is the sleeper hit though.

Jaws one made me think that an Amity themed sit down restaurant would work at a hotel.

ET -> has a classic ride
Back to the Future -> rumored to be one of the City Walk escape rooms
Jaws -> something has to be under consideration ... a food truck? a summer event? a Quint meet and greet?

Status
Not open for further replies.