The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 771 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Posted about the rumours of a reboot to the series. Say this is successful and is more critically acclaimed then the original series, do you think they would change the FJ ride eventually? I personally don't think they would, but I suppose they could refurb it if it ever happens.

Many of us here believe the FJ attraction will be modified over time to complete the series. After all, the end is a kind of vague destruction of something hogwartish for no apparent reason. Yet we fly back into the castle in the end and everyone is happy... basically, it doesn't make any sense right now. Curious, in the final books, is there any indication that Hogsmeade or other famous locations are destroyed?

Many of us here believe the FJ attraction will be modified over time to complete the series. After all, the end is a kind of vague destruction of something hogwartish for no apparent reason. Yet we fly back into the castle in the end and everyone is happy... basically, it doesn't make any sense right now. Curious, in the final books, is there any indication that Hogsmeade or other famous locations are destroyed?

Perhaps but I honestly can't remember the part your on about with the destruction. I just want a reboot :lol: so I can look forward to the films again!

Saw Deathly Hallows 2 today and thought it was cool that they incorporated the owlery into the movie

yeah, too bad the animated owls in the WW are total theme park junk. Very poorly executed and most in the biz here think that. The Building is stellar work. But the owls, they look like they were purchased at walmart to ward of rats and crows from the top of your roof.

--- Update ---

Perhaps but I honestly can't remember the part your on about with the destruction. I just want a reboot :lol: so I can look forward to the films again!

well you are in the skeletal basilisk bowels of the castle, then you are flying again and then you are in the dark and there are sounds of stone walls tumbling, crashing and then you are getting waved at by the school. So, what walls are crumbling? Basilisk = Hogwarts so...

The owls may look unrealistic after a gaze or two, but they are just a small animation feature. If I'm not mistaken, most other lands at theme parks do not have such animated features in every little nook and cranny, so...

As for FJ, you're in the Chamber, then you're inside of the mouth of Godric Gryffindor, and then Harry finds you within the sewers and blasts a Patronus charm powerful enough to make some chunks, not of castle but of stone, fall. I would have rather gone over Hogsmeade and then to the castle, but that's just me being imaginative and I'm happy with what we have. (Well, you all know how happy I am with it, haha.)

I don't think so. The battle takes place entirely at Hogwarts. Seeing as they evacuate students to (and bring reinforcements from) Aberforth's pub through the secret passage (between the Hog's Head and the Room of Requirement), I would guess that Hogsmeade was devoid of Death Eaters, as they all rushed to Hogwarts to fight. Hogsmeade should have escaped relatively, if not completely, unscathed. We're never told anything to the contrary.

^Exactly. Plus, Hogwarts is rebuilt very quickly despite taking some very large architectural wounds. The only thing left damaged is Ollivander's wand shop (all other shops were just repaired) and, because of the Gringotts dragon, some rooftops.

I don't think so. The battle takes place entirely at Hogwarts. Seeing as they evacuate students to (and bring reinforcements from) Aberforth's pub through the secret passage (between the Hog's Head and the Room of Requirement), I would guess that Hogsmeade was devoid of Death Eaters, as they all rushed to Hogwarts to fight. Hogsmeade should have escaped relatively, if not completely, unscathed. We're never told anything to the contrary.

Thank you for answering my request for expert testimony Acid. This kinda answers the vague ending to FJ ride now, as it is currently plays.

Violaplayer, thank you too for replying... I believe you are right that he blasts some chunks... but that is Soooooooo vague. I believe it is a setup for a modification of the end of the ride. I believe the effects that have been turned off, that have been discussed, are only turned off for a NEW FJ with the end of Hogwarts, or something like that... not exactly sure how they will play it. NEW makes money, right?

I think the Patronus scene should be elongated and dramaticized, and then after a quick tunnel scene we are out and over Hogsmeade instead of over the loch. I also think the main colors of the scenes should be brightened and saturated just a tad, and getting rid of some motion blur would help as well.

Perhaps we are in for an updated FJ in a little while.

Just curious, has anyone posted those cool videos of James and Oliver Phelps giving descriptions of the Wizarding World? I think there were five videos showing off what the park adapted from each movie (the fifth comprised the Yates trilogy). Each one was only under five minutes.

Video #1 : The Sorcerer's Stone
Video #2 : The Chamber of Secrets
Video #3 : The Prisoner of Azkaban
Video #4 : The Goblet of Fire
Video #5 : The Order of the Phoenix, The Half-Blood Prince, & The Deathly Hallows

As for FJ, you're in the Chamber, then you're inside of the mouth of Godric Gryffindor, and then Harry finds you within the sewers and blasts a Patronus charm powerful enough to make some chunks, not of castle but of stone, fall. I would have rather gone over Hogsmeade and then to the castle, but that's just me being imaginative and I'm happy with what we have. (Well, you all know how happy I am with it, haha.)

The statue's mouth we fly through is of Salazar Slytherin, not Gryffindor. I would have expected better of you, v!olaplayer! Just kidding. :lol: And yeah, Harry blast a hole in the stone releasing us at a point across the lake from the castle. So no buildings were damaged in Forbidden Journey, apart from the bridge by the dragon.

Last edited:
I'd love some of the things aforementioned on this page, but I just wonder if they'd work...

Firstly, Hogsmeade does escape destruction so that'd be okay.

BUT, and here's the crux of the problem, how could any representation of the battle be included without blowing a hole in the timelessness of the land? I thought before opening (and after) people were always talking about how nothing should really take place which 'moves events on' if you see what I mean? I was under the impression that the island is meant to be a single moment in time. Also, how far along would we take this hypothetical destruction of Hogwarts? It may look odd to see it destroyed to the tune of DH Pt 2 destruction, only to step outside again and find all is dandy.

Second problem relates to the new climax of the ride if it was changed. If we changed to a Battle of Hogwarts scene, surely the finale would have to be Harry beating Voldemort? Not only does this have the time period issues described above, I thought WB / JKR didn't want Voldemort in the island at all? Currently there's not so much as a mention of him. If we got the the Battle as a finale and Voldy didn't show, it would be a huge anticlimax.

Although, maybe Uni have reason to include some darker elements / characters... Have any exit surveys addressed this kind of thing? I would imagine quite a few people are left disappointed by lack of Voldemort at the moment.

And I do agree, it could well be that FJ was intended to be updated from it's inception... A certain scene currently full of non-functioning dementors could be very useful for the Battle of Hogwarts, and there isn't much in the way of physical sets in that scene, so it could be pretty simple to bring in something new...

Last edited:
I believe the effects that have been turned off, that have been discussed, are only turned off for a NEW FJ with the end of Hogwarts, or something like that... not exactly sure how they will play it. NEW makes money, right?

Which effects are you referring to? I haven't been on FJ since September so something could have been disabled, but my contact on the ride hasn't mentioned anything different.

Which effects are you referring to? I haven't been on FJ since September so something could have been disabled, but my contact on the ride hasn't mentioned anything different.

There are a whole bunch more dementors and paintings and possibly an area for projections of such on the upper parts of the dementor scene that one never sees. It was rumored to have been turned off at the request of Warner Bros. as it was deemed "too scary". I am not convinced that "too scary" is true and reserve the possibility that it might be for a future update to the ride. We do know for a fact that this stuff is present as it has been seen by a few when the ride goes down.

I'd love some of the things aforementioned on this page, but I just wonder if they'd work...

Firstly, Hogsmeade does escape destruction so that'd be okay.

BUT, and here's the crux of the problem, how could any representation of the battle be included without blowing a hole in the timelessness of the land? I thought before opening (and after) people were always talking about how nothing should really take place which 'moves events on' if you see what I mean? I was under the impression that the island is meant to be a single moment in time. Also, how far along would we take this hypothetical destruction of Hogwarts? It may look odd to see it destroyed to the tune of DH Pt 2 destruction, only to step outside again and find all is dandy.

Second problem relates to the new climax of the ride if it was changed. If we changed to a Battle of Hogwarts scene, surely the finale would have to be Harry beating Voldemort? Not only does this have the time period issues described above, I thought WB / JKR didn't want Voldemort in the island at all? Currently there's not so much as a mention of him. If we got the the Battle as a finale and Voldy didn't show, it would be a huge anticlimax.

Although, maybe Uni have reason to include some darker elements / characters... Have any exit surveys addressed this kind of thing? I would imagine quite a few people are left disappointed by lack of Voldemort at the moment.

And I do agree, it could well be that FJ was intended to be updated from it's inception... A certain scene currently full of non-functioning dementors could be very useful for the Battle of Hogwarts, and there isn't much in the way of physical sets in that scene, so it could be pretty simple to bring in something new...

I wouldn't mind the battle being in the ride and then coming out to Hogwarts all fine, if it were destroyed when you go in it kind of gives a spoiler to what's going to happen on the ride. If you know what I mean.

Currently there's not so much as a mention of him.

No, the Dark Mark appears in the ride and Dumbledore mentions rumors of his return in his office. Plus, there is a Sirius Black wanted poster, and most Wizarding people still believe Sirius was on Voldemort's side. Voldemort is sort of hiding in the shadows of the WWoHP, much like he does in the first five books of the series.

I doubt changes will come to FJ. Maybe some set additions and video enhancements, but there's not much you can do to change the plot without a return of the trio for filming, and they have said they're done filming Potter. And why change something many people find the perfect ride already?

I doubt changes will come to FJ. Maybe some set additions and video enhancements, but there's not much you can do to change the plot without a return of the trio for filming, and they have said they're done filming Potter. And why change something many people find the perfect ride already?
They could always turn on those hidden Dementors at least...

there's not much you can do to change the plot without a return of the trio for filming, and they have said they're done filming Potter.

We don't really know what they may have filmed in the past two years do we? And if so, it would be pretty hush hush right?

And why change something many people find the perfect ride already?

Because Teebin doesn't find it so. The ride system is brilliant, however, I find the ride story/flow and use of the ride system to be off its mark. So, perhaps they will rework it just for me? :look:

Last edited: