The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
well they've been officially putting in the scenic detail for the past 3 weeks or so. Of course the best scenic details are in the shop windows and the interiors. Still wish we could get a current aerial shot of the area. I'd love to compare it from a few months ago...

Anyone own a helicopter? :p

well they've been officially putting in the scenic detail for the past 3 weeks or so. Of course the best scenic details are in the shop windows and the interiors. Still wish we could get a current aerial shot of the area. I'd love to compare it from a few months ago...

Anyone own a helicopter? :p
Crazilly cool!  My uncle does have a private plane so maybe if I'm daring enough I can ask him to get some aerial photos from the plane haha!

Reactions: Wesker69
From IU;

22135791089_fa96bf71dc_h.jpg

22322674585_086e9c409d_c.jpg

22296636286_2a8ea8544b_c.jpg

22296630836_acd335e02f_c.jpg

21701553953_a74558cf72_c.jpg

Looks like they're installing shutters around the greenhouse. That should help with blocking out the outside world a bit and keeping up the illusion I think. Glad they're doing something about that.

Reactions: William
Numerous details showing up in Hogsmeade.  Lighting rigs are now visible to illuminate rooftops and Hogwarts Castle.  I assume they will be disguised as much as possible in future.  Frustratingly, the Butterbeer is JUST out of reach.

Hogsmeade_102515_1.jpg

I wonder if these louvered panels are adjustable because I don't think JK would want visitors in the queue to be able to look down at the tram loading area.  Up at the sky would be better.

Hogsmeade_102515_2.jpg

Many more trees planted in the forest-y queue area along with quite a few poles.  Would you guess they're for lighting or to display banners of the various houses?  I suppose a combination is possible. 

Hogsmeade_102515_3.jpg

Many details still being added including the three broomsticks.

Hogsmeade_102515_4.jpg

This snow is now white as can be.  Previously in this thread were comments about how dirty it was.  Much better now.

Hogsmeade_102515_5.jpg

Numerous details showing up in Hogsmeade.  Lighting rigs are now visible to illuminate rooftops and Hogwarts Castle.  I assume they will be disguised as much as possible in future.  Frustratingly, the Butterbeer is JUST out of reach.

I wonder if these louvered panels are adjustable because I don't think JK would want visitors in the queue to be able to look down at the tram loading area.  Up at the sky would be better.

Many more trees planted in the forest-y queue area along with quite a few poles.  Would you guess they're for lighting or to display banners of the various houses?  I suppose a combination is possible. 

Many details still being added including the three broomsticks.

This snow is now white as can be.  Previously in this thread were comments about how dirty it was.  Much better now.
HOLY MOLY!!! We're getting significantly closer day by day.  It is AMAZING to see how quickly Universal makes progress on this land :)

https://www.wizardingworldhollywood.com/

The official "Wizzarding World of Harry Potter" Site for Hollywood is now up! And its giving me a feeling we'll be updated soon on the timeline but who knows..
This is even better than the one they did for Orlando and Japan!  You can finally go into the shops this time and now we have a clear idea of what the Hollywood iteration of the Wizarding World will be!

According to the Interactive tour, we will have an extra "street" in our Hogsmeade (which is next to Shrek) which will have several facades and Dervish and Banges.  So technically, that means we will have an expanded Hogsmeade.  I think that will be our touch of "magic."  Our Hogsmeade will also be different from Orlando's as we will have Gladrag's replacing where Dervish and Banges would normally be, and Ollivanders on the other side of the street between Wiseacre's and Hog's Head pub.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It is also a bit longer than Orlando's, there is more room in-between the village and the Forbidden Journey entrance than Orlando.

Reactions: Imdbman
According to Theme Park Insider, they also say we will get some Diagon Alley shops, and I believe those will be on the new "street," but the interactive guide doesn't exactly say which ones.  I'm excited about the extra Hogsmeade theming we're getting!
Hogsmead in Japan has this store but Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment is only found in Diagon Alley in the U.S incarnations of Wizarding World (until 2016).  

As for the additional alleyway in-between the Owl Post and Shrek 4D, like many of other members have predicted, is pretty much just a barrier to keep the the noise from that area of the park from spilling into the land. Don't expect an actual shop there. I think I mentioned awhile back that it wouldn't surprise me if they included an additional storefront that has some interactive wand elements . Seems like that will be the case with the "Brews and Stews Fishy Dinners" façade. 

Reactions: William and Imdbman
Hogsmead in Japan has this store but Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment is only found in Diagon Alley in the U.S incarnations of Wizarding World (until 2016).  

As for the additional alleyway in-between the Owl Post and Shrek 4D, like many of other members have predicted, is pretty much just a barrier to keep the the noise from that area of the park from spilling into the land. Don't expect an actual shop there. I think I mentioned awhile back that it wouldn't surprise me if they included an additional storefront that has some interactive wand elements . Seems like that will be the case with the "Brews and Stews Fishy Dinners" façade. 
Oh, that's true.  They took the one in Florida's Hogsmeade down.  Although that's the only Diagon Alley shop that actually appeared on the Interactive Guide.  Maybe Universal will surprise us a bit about this :)

The new site looks amazing, and it's awesome that we're getting another second alley towards the right side!

I'm a little confused by Filch's Emporium..I'm assuming they're still working on the actual designs of the store front facade right? Otherwise, it looks like it's in the base of Hogwart's?

Also, are we not getting a snowman statue thing, towards the left of Hogwart's?