The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 279 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The comms on this have been pretty embarrassing. I just don't get it.
I've texted people I know have passes so they know

Unless you follow something online, you'd have noooooo idea this is happening and feel like many people would be interested in this

My only guess is WB, per a CM (which yes they dont know everything) the reason it's taken soooo long to get Death eaters here is because of WB and the WB studio tour which is down the street and has HP photo ops and I guess WB didn't like the idea of people going to universal no idea if its true but its part of a theory because this along with the stunt show have gotten ZERO advertisement

Reactions: Clive
I've texted people I know have passes so they know

Unless you follow something online, you'd have noooooo idea this is happening and feel like many people would be interested in this

My only guess is WB, per a CM (which yes they dont know everything) the reason it's taken soooo long to get Death eaters here is because of WB and the WB studio tour which is down the street and has HP photo ops and I guess WB didn't like the idea of people going to universal no idea if its true but its part of a theory because this along with the stunt show have gotten ZERO advertisement

I don't doubt that WB could have played a role in the delayed/botched/truncated rollout, but they certainly knew about Universal's plans to run the Death Eater encounter all summer long when they started the casting process back in March.

Unfortunately, my impression is that the current leadership of the park believes that entertainment is not something they should heavily invest in, so it's possible they cut corners here because they felt the park didn't need it. (Yes, I know, I know. I'd recommend talking to Guest Services and letting them know how much live entertainment makes USH a complete, satisfying experience.)

Universal Studios Hollywood has announced that the Death Eaters' limited-time run has been extended until July 30, 2023

Reactions: ItsAtrap
Got to see the Death Eaters yesterday. As someone who is to this day very unsure of ever going to HHN, this managed to strike a clean balance between cool, scary and fun with how they interact with the land and guests alike, and this is probably the closest I'll ever get to going to HHN, looks like. :lol:

It was also really cool just seeing them in tandem with the Dark Arts show itself like how they raise their wands and leave when the ghost skull comes up during the DA show. And yeah, I agree, this kind of live entertainment is what we need with two shows now gone. I wish I got to tell guest services about how much I enjoyed it, let alone the foresight, but I think I can always email the park's contact form.

Anyone know the earliest the Death Eaters roam the land? I usually bounce before dinner so hoping they’re out earlier.

Anyone know the earliest the Death Eaters roam the land? I usually bounce before dinner so hoping they’re out earlier.
I think they come out around when the castle sh starts happening. I think from the video's I've seen they have rotations and basically go to certain points during the castle show and either "do magic" in an area or strike a pose matching the castle show near by

Reactions: Stryker
They showed up at 8PM last night. I think they even said so on the intercom outside the gate when I was on my way to get lunch in CityWalk.

Reactions: Stryker
I went to see the Death Eaters last night, I didn't see them out until 8:30ish

They have 4 Stations/area's they do a mini show. It's a pretty fun time, Adults and Children are dueling the death eaters. People getting photo's, many just enjoying the extra lightening/sets

Very Fun type of event that is really cool to be just apart of a normal day, It brings a lot of just fun energy to the land, so hope we see it come around more often

In the far future, maybe we can have drone dementors flying around as well.

The first set starts at 8:10

They appear to be experimenting (or at least they were until very recently), but yes, on Friday 7/7 the first set was 8:10pm. I rarely saw them step out for a break, strangely - they appeared to stay in the land pretty continuously, with an "entrance statement" (i.e. standing on the boxes + pyro shots) every 30-40 minutes or so. The pyro near the train only seems to go off once per "set." If you want to see it, listen for the train whistle, but the crowd control TMs trying to corral guests for the Dark Arts show can make free movement challenging.

All in all, the Death Eaters add a lot of life to the land. Kids and adults alike were delighted. These guys should really be out all the time during the busier seasons. Couldn't hurt to actually advertise them (though if they did, I think they'd need to double the headcount).

They appear to be experimenting (or at least they were until very recently), but yes, on Friday 7/7 the first set was 8:10pm. I rarely saw them step out for a break, strangely - they appeared to stay in the land pretty continuously, with an "entrance statement" (i.e. standing on the boxes + pyro shots) every 30-40 minutes or so. The pyro near the train only seems to go off once per "set." If you want to see it, listen for the train whistle, but the crowd control TMs trying to corral guests for the Dark Arts show can make free movement challenging.

All in all, the Death Eaters add a lot of life to the land. Kids and adults alike were delighted. These guys should really be out all the time during the busier seasons. Couldn't hurt to actually advertise them (though if they did, I think they'd need to double the headcount).
Besides Advertisements, the biggest note I have is that it's kinda strange by 9 PM they have a rope off the one side of the Owl area and want you to move....but the Death Eaters move to the Train but you can't follow them over there.

They appear to be experimenting (or at least they were until very recently), but yes, on Friday 7/7 the first set was 8:10pm. I rarely saw them step out for a break, strangely - they appeared to stay in the land pretty continuously,
I think there are two casts of five. After the second green comet pyro shot the first cast leaves and just a few moments later the second group enters. Seems like 30 minute sets.

Because they rope off the Owl ares mentioned by @Jerroddragon I've never seen them exit - but I have seen the other cast (?) enter.