The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also, apparently Diagon Alley will have a similar/larger Ollivanders experience, so maybe they'll convert the existing one into another shop?

I'd doubt it, it's unbelievably popular, and having two for each park is smart financially. They make a ton off of the wands.

Ollivanders in Hogsmeade is staying where it is in Orlando. At first I was a bit weirded out by the fact that it was in Hogsmeade in the first place, but it kinda grew on me. It makes things more convenient for wizards, as well. I mean, imagine if you were a wizard and had to travel all the way to Diagon Alley just for a wand. Kind of a pain if you lived right in Hogsmeade.  :lol: Anyways, I guess it's just a matter of opinion whether or not you think it belongs there. It won't be an issue for us if we don't even get Diagon Alley, and confirmation on that wouldn't come to us for a long time. Personally, I'd be mad if we got Diagon Alley here. The only way to keep other attractions and also include Diagon Alley would be to squeeze it in where WaterWorld is, and if we were to get that expansion, I'd want it to be done right or not be done at all. I'd want an atmosphere that's true to the fiction, just like what's underway in Orlando.

^ amen, once again :p

I'd really appreciate an answer to this question for anyone familiar from Florida:

Do Forbidden Journey and/or Minion Mayhem have any water spray effects?
Yes, both attractions have water effects. Minion Mayhem's water effects are a bit more subtle than FJ's (a little "spritz" compared to a full on squirt in the face!). Allen, if you don't mind spoilers, feel free to message me and I'll let you know details!  ;)

Haha I know all the spoilers regarding Forbidden Journey, I spoiled it for myself since I never imagined we'd be getting it haha. I just couldn't tell through POV videos if there are water effect.

Which brings me to my point: every current and future USH attraction that we know about has water effects or water in your face gags. Every. Single. One of them.

Like...Universal relies on water effects as gags more than Kim Kardashian relies on her buttox for publicity.

Ok, but that makes more sense in Florida where they actually HAVE space to spare and expand into.

Look at USH. If they remove anything else on the upper lot for phase 2, they might as well rename the park....

Makes sense in Florida and would make sense here IF we had the room. We simply don't. We're not even getting all of the "phase one" so to speak.

The Diagon Alley/London expansion is MASSIVE. Gringotts itself is massive.

I'm gonna say it'll never happen....

Anyway, for those familiar with Forbidden Journey from ride videos or in person, what would you like to see improved in our version? Most likely it will be a clone, as it's already an advanced major ride. I believe the protections are already 4K but if for some reason 8k projection will be ready in 3 years, I think they should remaster the footage in 8k but I HIIIIIGHLY doubt that.

I'd maybe like to see more wind effects, hell, maybe even some smell effects. Idk what else they could add beyond what they have....

OH I know, they need to update certain animatronics...
^^^ It'll have been 6 years from when WWoHP Orlando to Hollywood, I'd think their could be many advances in the projection(3D? does FJ use 3D glasses currently) and possibly effect upgrades.

Not to be a stick in the mud, but it's going to be a little hard to chew on the fact that this will be opening a full two years after the USF expansion opens. I wonder if Forbidden Journey will feel incredibly old hat in comparison.

I wouldn't be surprised if USJ would be opening the same expansion in 2016 either.
^^^

I have not ridden FJ as im sure 80% or more of californians haven't. Yes the attraction it self would be old but completely new to us and a lot of people that only come to USH when they visit the US. 

Everyone stating what J.K thinks and what she wont approve I think are thinking ahead of themselves. When the news was out that Ollivanders was going to be in Hogsmeade everyone freaked out and they said it wasn't true to J.K.'s vision, when it was approved by her all the way. So lets not get into the "she won't allow it" sort of thing, because she might approve a Gringotts branch on Hogsmeade as she allowed Ollivanders (as ridiculous as it may sound. I don't want that but my point is that if they want, they can make it happen).

^^^^

(BehindTheTheme-Agree)

From a storytelling stand point it doesn't make sense because no one in the books ever bought a wand in Hogsmeade, if there was a branch there, why do you go all the way to Diagon Alley to buy a replacement? Well, she allowed something like that...My point is that we are getting one freaking ride for all the space is going to take... theming will devour a lot of space, so I just don't want a freaking excuse to charge 100 dlls (calculating inflation up to 2016, remember that now IOA stands at a price tag of 90 dlls per ticket) to get into USH when, lets be honest, it's not worth it, like it happened in Islands of Adventure that is the most expensive theme park, even more expensive than any Disney park. I don't want only one good ride added, counting that it will bring a lot of extra people to the park crowding it, the prices going through the roof only for one ride. Adding another good ride, like Gringotts, won't make this "Harry Potter theme park" since well it will be 2 or 3 potter rides and like 7 other rides non Potter.I am just concerned that we are getting so little for a lot of hassle. Prices going up, again it happened in Florida becoming the most expensive park in the US. If they are going to make a huge expansion such as using the Gibson for the park I want a lot of rides... if the Potter vision of theming takes a lot of space and well it only adds one ride... lets get other options that don't require so much theming and adding stand alone attractions like the ones we currently have. I am a Potter fan and would love to see it here in USH but if ditching Potter (impossible) gives us the possibility of adding 3 rides with Universal properties, to the hell with Potter (which obviously won't happen).I just don't want corporate greed here, adding one ride, addding 20 dlls to the ticket price, adding a lot of people, which obviously are not going to stay only in Potter, they are going to flow to the rest of the park, as it happened in Florida. To prove my point see the reviews IOA is getting "too crowded, not worth the hefty price" and such. 
^^^^^

Prices will always rise. and if prices did go up if would be due to the entire EP being in tact.

Currently Forbidden Journey is NOT in 3D. If glasses free 3D technology improves in the years to come on a large scale (which I'm sure it will, they're working on it now), I'd love for it to be applied to Forbidden Journey.

Reactions: Alexshow.
Forbidden Journey doesn't use 3D effects, and I would be severely disappointed if that was an added feature. Hi-tech 3D glasses and forbidden wizard adventures just don't mix. I'm a Californian who's ridden FJ, and it is without a doubt an excellent ride! Sure, it may seem slightly old (to those who have ridden it, at least) since we won't be actually riding it until around 2016, but it's also the plot, characters, and creatures that make this such an unforgettable experience. It's one of those rides that actually makes you smile once you get off, and makes you think, 'Man, I wanna do that again!'

I did not know it was on 3D... i am guessing they will update it for both parks... anyways, lets wait until we get more info...

I did not know it was on 3D... i am guessing they will update it for both parks... anyways, lets wait until we get more info...

it really is getting to the point where it would be more productive to hand out 3D Glasses to the guests as they enter and turn them in before they leave. The Majority of Rides/attractions coming out in Universal seem to always require 3D Glasses: King Kong 360 3D, Transformers the Ride 3D, Despicable Me Minion Mayhem (at least this one doesn't have 3D in the name =p) and to a lesser extent Shrek 4D.

Yeah, the ride has some crazy movements, they'd totally fall off. The close proximity to the mini dome screens and the high res of the video already makes it very realistic apparently. Look at Soarin. Not 3D but still very realistic. Same thing with BTTF (RIP).

I've worn regular eyeglasses on FJ and they haven't fallen off, so I guess it depends. I just feel like it'd ruin the experience, though. It's already super realistic - I've seen several kids getting off FJ that run to the trash can because the motion sickness got to them!

it really is getting to the point where it would be more productive to hand out 3D Glasses to the guests as they enter and turn them in before they leave. The Majority of Rides/attractions coming out in Universal seem to always require 3D Glasses: King Kong 360 3D, Transformers the Ride 3D, Despicable Me Minion Mayhem (at least this one doesn't have 3D in the name =p) and to a lesser extent Shrek 4D.
This already happens with Transformers and Minion Mayhem. They both use the same glasses, which are expensive, so team members make sure each guest hands a pair back at the end of the ride to prevent theft. Same process is used for Spider-Man.

Really? I didn't know about that. Well at least we can start finally using those stations again at the end of the Transformers queue that say "PICK UP BATTLE GLASSES HERE." Also, every time I get off the ride, the team members are practically grabbing the glasses out of my hands. It seems they really don't want them going anywhere!

When I rode Minion Mayhem, there was a team member handing out the "Minion goggles," and the Amazing Spider-Man team members made sure to hand each guest a pair of glasses and get back a pair at the end. They're a little less agressive than they are here though. Haha.

I've worn regular eyeglasses on FJ and they haven't fallen off, so I guess it depends. I just feel like it'd ruin the experience, though. It's already super realistic - I've seen several kids getting off FJ that run to the trash can because the motion sickness got to them!
Really?? is it really that intense?

Yup, the robotic arms REALLY moves you around. Slight spoiler that I think is needed to be mentioned for anyone who doesn't wanna risk feeling sick, but there's a part where your swung almost on your back. So if you're sensitive to motion, that's a warning

It is a fairly intense ride, but I think the main issue is that people don't really know what they're getting themselves into. Since the screens in the ride completely surround you in order to give the full experience, it makes for a pretty believable journey that some people can't handle. On top of that, the KUKA arms provide all types of movement, so all lines on this ride are crossed! They've even had to change minor portions of the ride in order to keep guests from feeling so motion sick. I won't give away the change to prevent spoilers, but feel free to message me if you really wanna know.

If a 'phase 2' does take place, I'm willing to be that Shrek and WaterWorld will be next on the chopping block. I've heard some buzz about those two specific attractions, but I'm not sure how they'll incorporate anything new.

Who thinks we might get something entirely new?

Last edited by a moderator: