The WWE Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pretty upset at the Edge news. He was easily my favorite wrestler on the current roster. He was great in and out of the ring. Put on some of the illest matches I've seen, and definitely had the best entrance song today. I'm glad though that he was able to get out while he could before something awful happened. He went out on top as the champ too, which is awesome.

Edge-Entrance-at-Armegeddon-Wallpaper.jpg

Yeah you got to respect him for that he left as a reputable high end wrestler and never became a joke like erm Flair lol.

WOW, Edge retired?

Who is left from the old Attitude days? Undertaker, Kane and who else? Its amazing what has happenned to the WWE in just a few years.

WOW, Edge retired?

Who is left from the old Attitude days? Undertaker, Kane and who else? Its amazing what has happenned to the WWE in just a few years.

Off the top of my head, it's them, HHH, Big Show, Mark Henry, and Christian are the only ones that come to mind. Sad. There's been alot of turnover.

I don't know what the deal with Jericho is. I guarantee he will be begged to return now.

Off the top of my head, it's them, HHH, Big Show, Mark Henry, and Christian are the only ones that come to mind. Sad. There's been alot of turnover.

I don't know what the deal with Jericho is. I guarantee he will be begged to return now.

He absolutely should be, but he's also a shell of his former self too, Y2J was a great gimmick, and I think that is the main difference, gimmicks no longer exist.

Undertaker and Kane are a dying breed to the wrestlers of today who are who they are basically. No more Big Shows, Kamala, Brutus the Barber Beefcake, Macho Man type of wrestlers anymore.

It sucks it went from wrestling to sports entertainment.

In regard to Jericho, this is from his Wiki: In a recent interview, Jericho has said that he plans on returning to WWE when he is able to be fully commited to the company. He has implied it could be when he is done competing on ABC's "Dancing With The Stars".

Anyway, I haven't been into the WWE for a few years now but it's a shame to see Edge go. He was definitely one of my favorites when I watched.

I guess that is why they let Edge KIckoff Wm and retain the title. I thought it was a joke until he started name dropping and no one's music played and did anything. Edge was a great performer when he was a heel he was fantastic.

In regard to Jericho, this is from his Wiki: In a recent interview, Jericho has said that he plans on returning to WWE when he is able to be fully commited to the company. He has implied it could be when he is done competing on ABC's "Dancing With The Stars".

Anyway, I haven't been into the WWE for a few years now but it's a shame to see Edge go. He was definitely one of my favorites when I watched.

Good to hear.

I can't wait until Jericho comes back. One of my all time favorites.
[video=youtube;9YUGA-No-EU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YUGA-No-EU[/video]

Chris Jericho posted a state of the WWE Universe address video on Twitter, basically saying he will be returning to WWE one DWTS is over. Good news, looking forward to his return

Not sure if anyone here has been keeping up with WWE lately, but this recent stuff with CM Punk has been fantastic. His contract legitimately expired tonight and he defeated John Cena to become the WWE champion at the PPV. It honestly looks like he's gonna stay now because they wouldn't just give the guy the title if he's not with the company, remember the Montreal Screwjob? Here's a video of Punk totally ripping into WWE from a few weeks ago, good stuff. [video=youtube;2OS9wZGb_3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OS9wZGb_3g[/video]

I watched Wrestlemania last year and it was the first time seeing wrestling in nearly a decade. It was great. No talking, just fighting. Then I watched Raw the two or three weeks later assuming the cooperation as a whole had shaped up. I didn't. It took over 45 minutes for an actual fight that only lasted about five to seven minutes long. The rest was entirely melodrama and proposed challenges for the upcoming PPV. WWE needs to lessen the number of special events because all Raw and Smackdown have been rendered into are promos for that months pay-per-view. If the shows were better I might think the company worthwhile enough to watch more regularly but, as it stands, WWE is just an embarrassingly stale talk show. Maybe it's WWE's lack of real competition that weakened the quality. Oh well. I think Jericho would bring a lot more butts into the seats but much I'd rather him strengthen his own personal career (as the Rock and Steve Austen have done) than get sucked back into another lousily-written wrestling gimmick. He's worth more than that.

Last edited:
I watched Wrestlemania last year and it was the first time seeing wrestling in nearly a decade. It was great. No talking, just fighting. Then I watched Raw the two or three weeks later assuming the cooperation as a whole had shaped up. I didn't. It took over 45 minutes for an actual fight that only lasted about five to seven minutes long. The rest was entirely melodrama and proposed challenges for the upcoming PPV. WWE needs to lessen the number of special events because all Raw and Smackdown have been rendered into are promos for that months pay-per-view. If the shows were better I might think the company worthwhile enough to watch more regularly but, as it stands, WWE is just an embarrassingly stale talk show. Maybe it's WWE's lack of real competition that weakened the quality. Oh well. I think Jericho would bring a lot more butts into the seats but much I'd rather him strengthen his own personal career (as the Rock and Steve Austen have done) than get sucked back into another lousily-written wrestling gimmick. He's worth more than that.

But you say bring back Jericho, he is at his best on the mic. One of the best promo guys in the business. They have to build up to matches to earn buys at PPV's. I do however agree TNA needs to keep progressing with the action wrestling style so we can have a new wrestling war = better overall product out of both companies.

But you say bring back Jericho, he is at his best on the mic. One of the best promo guys in the business. They have to build up to matches to earn buys at PPV's. I do however agree TNA needs to keep progressing with the action wrestling style so we can have a new wrestling war = better overall product out of both companies.

They don't need to spend 90 of the 120 minutes of Raw on building up matches.

They don't need to spend 90 of the 120 minutes of Raw on building up matches.

I'm not defending Raw at all, I'm quite a TNA mark. Promo's/Shoots/minor fights all lead up to the PPV. The days are past now where you'd get a PPV action match on RAW or SD, its how the sport entertainment business has evolved.

I haven't followed wrestling in a few years. I prefer UFC/MMA now. Too many young guys, too predictable, HORRIBLE storylines, and no real characters anymore. But with all that said, I did attend Wrestlemania 24 in Orlando, and it was awesome. I may be tempted to drive 45 mins south to attend this one too. It'd be cool to see The Rock and the ovation he's going to get coming home. A People's ovation! And if this is potentially Taker's last match, I'd love to see that. The greatest entertainer of my generaton. THE PHENOM THE DEADMAN. A living legend.

I know it's been done a 100 times already, but I'm predicting Taker's last match to be against Kane. The Brothers of Destruction going at it one last time.

I haven't followed wrestling in a few years. I prefer UFC/MMA now. Too many young guys, too predictable, HORRIBLE storylines, and no real characters anymore. But with all that said, I did attend Wrestlemania 24 in Orlando, and it was awesome. I may be tempted to drive 45 mins south to attend this one too. It'd be cool to see The Rock and the ovation he's going to get coming home. A People's ovation! And if this is potentially Taker's last match, I'd love to see that. The greatest entertainer of my generaton. THE PHENOM THE DEADMAN. A living legend.

I know it's been done a 100 times already, but I'm predicting Taker's last match to be against Kane. The Brothers of Destruction going at it one last time.

Taker over HBK for greatest entertainer? Interesting :lol:

Did anyone get tickets? I had the pre-sale password and got some upper deck tickets with a perfect view. Around the 50 yard line, low in the section. I'm beyond excited. Here's the poster for the event.

RockCenaWM28.jpg