Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A poster on Theme Park Stop said he was at Six Flags Great Adventure today and it was 'absolutely packed' with long lines for the attractions.

Yeah... I don’t think you under the economics of Central Florida right now. If you need a job to live, you don’t give up the only job you have or can get.
Yeah, it's not easy. I've been lucky and am in a fortunate enough position to choose though, so i'm not the majority of the Central Florida workforce speaking. Most of my TM or work friends (from whatever jobs i've had) have multiple jobs and many don't really feel safe, but they can't afford to leave right now.

I've been fortunate in that I stumbled across another work opportunity from a friend where I can now work from home and i'm also in my second semester back in school full time (I took advantage of the parks being closed to go back in the summer). So i'm set up in such a way that i'm still able to live and am still making making money all while finally going back to college so I hopefully can get away from working these soul-sucking low level jobs in the future. I'm definitely thankful for this with how things currently are here in Orlando.

I think we're going to see every weekend like this was, with huge crowds at all parks then ghost towns on the weekdays. People are still desperate for "normal" and the push for in-state tourism will mean day trippers and people staying one night from all over Florida and the southeast showing up.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think we're going to see every weekend like this was, with huge crowds at all parks then ghost towns on the weekdays. People are still desperate for "normal" and the push for in-state tourism will mean day trippers and people staying one night from all over Florida and the southeast showing up.
This was a holiday weekend, I doubt all weekends will be as bad as this, especially headed into September/October. That's not to say other weekends haven't been busy, though.

I just have a feeling that as long as the numbers of cases here in Florida keep dropping, more and more people are feeling more comfortable venturing out to the parks. Of course those who are feeling more comfortable have also started taking off face coverings more frequently, so those numbers could easily shoot up again.

Reactions: Journey_On
Economy is trash right now and unlike California, Florida has one of the lowest unemployment rates with only like 275? (If I remember correctly) so you can't quit the job and live off that money. It's horrible to know that people go to work fearing for themselves and other but they don't have a choice. I bet people would love to switch jobs but can not right now.
You quit your job you don't get to collect unemployment unless you can prove a legitimate cause.

Yeah.. reports like these are why I haven't been back to Universal since re-opening. Yet I've been to Disney 3x, including this weekend. Which by the way, for a Labor Day Saturday at DHS, was not anymore crowded than weeks past, longest posted wait time as MMRR at an overinflated 60 minutes, and mask compliance was near-perfect save for some kids who were quickly reminded by CMs. It CAN be done safely and without compromise to the guest experience but Universal continues to walk a fine line.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Just anecdotally it appears MK is busier today than it has been all weekend.

Add my anecdote -- even the omnimovers posted over an hour wait, all restaurants but Liberty Tree full. Once past the monorail queue, zero social distancing (tho mask usage remains solid). Walkways just not wide enough to accommodate the crowd plus allow 6 feet.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Add my anecdote -- even the omnimovers posted over an hour wait, all restaurants but Liberty Tree full. Once past the monorail queue, zero social distancing (tho mask usage remains solid). Walkways just not wide enough to accommodate the crowd plus allow 6 feet.
People really think masks make them invincible. I know the powers that be say either a mask or 6 feet but if you practice both it really torpedos the risk of transmission.

People really think masks make them invincible. I know the powers that be say either a mask or 6 feet but if you practice both it really torpedos the risk of transmission.

Weeell, lately they have been saying mask and 6ft... but “lately” doesn’t really cut it now does it, when it comes to “news” that only half the people see or read.

As someone who has been to DTD on a not so busy day...I'm not surprised the store has many areas people MUST be within 6 feet to move and Disney fans are crazy literally selling out Merchandise events and Bloggers flooding the stores to get a video about Halloween items.
I'm glad Disneyland hasn't opened yet so the CM's don't have to deal with it.

As much as i want to go back, its better I don't have the temptation to go

Status
Not open for further replies.