Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see SeaWorld posted updated hours on their website. For the rest of the year they are showing five day a week operations, with the park closed every Tuesday and Thursday. Aquatica is showing closed Mondays and Wednesdays. I'm assuming Discovery Cove is doing the same thing (they run five days a week in the slow season).

I wasn't here in the wake of 9/11, but I know the parks cut way back on operating hours. Did any of them go to less than daily operations?

I just got a Text LA, is having a curfew again tonight. I wonder if this will affect the re opening of Businesses in LA country.
Saw in my home town of Thousand Oaks the Mall which reopened is closing because the fear of looting happening.

2020 seems cursed, it started out so bad, then just seems more and more bad things keep coming to up and just pilling onto people's frustration with everything else.

Whatever ancient tomb we defiled on midnight December 31st 2019 needs to be returned ASAP.

In all seriousness, I'll be going both the 1st and 2nd to the parks/VB so hopefully I'll be able to let yall know any major operational changes I notice. I'm just hoping no major roads leading into the Orlando area are occupied or blocked off cause of current events. Orlando curfew is set at 10pm currently.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure which is the thread for this but we have just been asked to pay the rest of our Disney tickets for our September trip, apparently for deposit bookings Disney will not be issuing anymore tickets after June 10th.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Most rides now have VQ on the app, including every HP attraction. These are the only attractions without VQ:

Caroseussel
Cat in the Hat
Dr. Doom's Fearfall
Dudley Do-Right
E.T. Adventure
High in the Sky Seuss Trolly Train Ride
One Fish, Two Fish
Popeye
Poseidon's Fury
Shrek 4D
Storm Force
Woody Woodpecker

It also looks like Kang and Kodos might be closed; it isn't listed as open or VQ on the app.
The actual VL capability has since been added to enough attractions to make the above statement accurate.
Yea. I’ve been thinking they may only initiate virtual line when they’ve run out available (social distanced) physical queue space. They may be adding the capability for virtual line for most attractions, but only turn it on as needed.
So far today, it looks like Islands is using Virtual Line only, and Universal is doing Standby with a Virtual Line option, like how FnF has been running lately.
Maybe it’s intentional, or maybe it’s just a quirk of the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.