Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I should've clarified. I don't think the Orlando parks will reverse course - opening dates are either announced or have already taken place. In Los Angeles/California, however, where opening dates are still opaque... I could see them delaying.
Well, since nothing has been announced as afar as a reopening date, it's not even technically a delay, is it? More of a inconvenience to Universal or whoever wants to reopen.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Well, since nothing has been announced as afar as a reopening date, it's not even technically a delay, is it? More of a inconvenience to Universal or whoever wants to reopen.

At this point, based on public comments and internal chatter, we have a pretty good idea of what windows the parks are looking to hit. Universal Hollywood wants to open by July 1st.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Not saying this applies to you. I find that wearing a hat is a huge mistake while wearing a mask. There's no where for excess body heat to go. My recommendation is to not wear a hat in places where you have to wear a face covering.

I hope you are wrong about that- my natural head covering is, um, sparse...

• Haha
Reactions: Andysol
Can I ask how 3D goggles did with a mask? I can't keep my Wayfarers from fogging up.
While I have not visited the parks yet, I have heard multiple testaments from visitors that they are having issues with their glasses fogging up.

The 3D glasses did fog up (at least on Gringotts and Spider-Man). I never had issues before with my regular sunglasses + mask.

Have a friend who just checked into CB.

Temperature taken and then given a colored wrist band. Must have a band on to access property and entire resort (city walk, parks, etc without a scan)
Will need to get temperature taken daily and they’ll give a different color band.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz

Temperature taken and then given a colored wrist band. Must have a band on to access property.
Will need to get temperature taken daily and they’ll give a different color band.
New marketing slogan , "Vacation Like You Don't Want To" " ....Hell, no way I go to Orlando until this all ends and returns to normal. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Coolbfitz
I was eligible to go today. Had tickets and everything. Was gonna meet-up with some friends for the first time since the last day of operation. I decided against it because I just didn't care enough and neither did my friends.

You have to remember, the only people that can go to this are part-time/Seasonal (basically those that are on furlough) because Full-Time are all working staffing the parks and CityWalk today. Most TMs don't actually care too much about visiting the parks, they really don't. People who get hired for HHN do, but everyone else works there too much to care enough to come there and not get paid.
absolutely..I don't go to my job on my days off lol.

I didn't have much issue with 3D glasses fog but I might've just been lucky.

Honestly, I'm just not wearing 3D glasses if I ever visit a theme park in the near future.
I do wanna point out that if all 3D attractions work like Star Tours does, a pair of glasses is only worn once a day before getting sent back to get sanitized for tomorrow. 3D glasses are most likely fine to wear.

I didn't have much issue with 3D glasses fog but I might've just been lucky.

I do wanna point out that if all 3D attractions work like Star Tours does, a pair of glasses is only worn once a day before getting sent back to get sanitized for tomorrow. 3D glasses are most likely fine to wear.
I am not sure exactly how the process works, but the glasses basically go through a dishwasher from my understanding.
They are washed after they are put into the return bin. Sometimes you see employees wheeling carts full of glasses to the "dishwasher". I have also had many experiences where my glasses are still wet from the washing process, or the lenses are smudged with soap/water droplets.

Reactions: Andysol and GA-MBIT
I am not sure exactly how the process works, but the glasses basically go through a dishwasher from my understanding.
They are washed after they are put into the return bin. Sometimes you see employees wheeling carts full of glasses to the "dishwasher". I have also had many experiences where my glasses are still wet from the washing process, or the lenses are smudged with soap/water droplets.

Whatever the situation and timeline with the glasses.. they are washed and should be absolutely fine unless you intend to inhale them. ;)

Temperature taken and then given a colored wrist band. Must have a band on to access property and entire resort (city walk, parks, etc without a scan)

Please keep us updated on this.

What's to stop someone from getting a "green" wristband and giving it to someone else? I've been to plenty of concerts with those "one-time" bans with the V-shaped cut-offs. Nothing a little two-sided tape can't fix.

Or someone gets scanned at 105 on their second day. They think, "just let me me go back to the car to get my green one from yesterday!" Those bands are easy to tape, and no-one looks at that. Hopefully, now they will.

Don't get me wrong, I want the parks to re-open. We cancelled our annual May-June trip. and I'm feeling it. I just don't trust the majority of humans to let this work.

Hope I'm wrong! :)

What's to stop someone from getting a "green" wristband and giving it to someone else? I've been to plenty of concerts with those "one-time" bans with the V-shaped cut-offs. Nothing a little two-sided tape can't fix.

Or someone gets scanned at 105 on their second day. They think, "just let me me go back to the car to get my green one from yesterday!" Those bands are easy to tape, and no-one looks at that. Hopefully, now they will.

Don't get me wrong, I want the parks to re-open. We cancelled our annual May-June trip. and I'm feeling it. I just don't trust the majority of humans to let this work.

Reached out for confirmation and you get scanned again from security when you get on the boat or if you’re on a walking path.
So the colored band gets you free access to hotel without a rescan but to get to the parks you must be scanned again.

So giving bands would only work for hotel itself.

Sorry for double post Mods! @Joe @Nick
80-90% chance of heavy rains tomorrow afternoon noon-evening. AP day one will be the first test of rain w/ masks.

Unless the bands are those paper ones that are a b**** to get off

The questions that's in my mind for these re openings is...Will local Florida residents, who generally hide in their a/c homes, and out on the beaches,during the uncomfortable summer weather, show up in any kind of numbers to attend theme parks. Will tourists,outside of adjacent states, travel to Orlando. Seems to me that Disney, with their DVC crowd, may be in a better place than the other parks.

I came here to ask something similar. My question is, would any of you guys who are Florida residents travel to the parks from out of state under these circumstances? I come every year from NY. I’ve been holding hope things are better by later in the summer (although I just broke my foot so the decision might have been already made for me). I don’t want to spend a ton of money on a half baked Universal experience compared to what I’m used to.

On the contrary, I’m gonna wanna do something this summer and have some kind of vacation/getaway. I’m just interested in what some others who aren’t local are thinking. And maybe even seeing what some of you guys who are local (and have already experienced the parks under the new guidelines) would do.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.