Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call it a hot take but I don't see Walt Disney World reopening on 11th July.

My mom was saying the same thing and I kinda agree with it. It’s easy for them - they never opened (Other than DS).

However, I can see them also wanting to plow through with opening bc they want that NBA money. And if the NBA sees that WDW isn’t opening their parks, then that could lead to severe second thoughts on the “Orlando bubble” on behalf of the NBA.

Reactions: Clive
If players aren't going to use the parks and just for the relatively secure and isolated environment, the parks shouldn't be an issue. It reduces potential people around. As much as Disney is hurting, the NBA will get nothing if they don't continue a season in some format.

It's concerning seeing things get worse despite people's hope the heat will weaken this thing just as people are fed up and just getting out as these restriction lighten up.

If players aren't going to use the parks and just for the relatively secure and isolated environment, the parks shouldn't be an issue. It reduces potential people around. As much as Disney is hurting, the NBA will get nothing if they don't continue a season in some format.

It's concerning seeing things get worse despite people's hope the heat will weaken this thing just as people are fed up and just getting out as these restriction lighten up.
My point is that the park not opening would show WDW is extremely concerned about COVID in the area... in the very place the NBA is going to escape it.

Reactions: Clive
So my annual pass which expired May 16th was extended 62 days based on the closure and will be good until September 10th. I asked if I would be given more days seeing as I’m from NJ and can’t travel to Florida without being isolated for 14 days. I also asked about getting a refund for those days since I don’t see myself going anytime soon. She said they were not processing refunds at this time so I’ll wait till closer to park opening.

With no MNSSHP, September should be pretty dead.

Except the park experience is likely going to suck hard... so there’s that.
I'm hoping the same is true for Disneyland. But while I know many will be upset, I'm just happy after years of waiting I'll finally be able to go into the park and hopefully just enjoy them again.
At least in CA, the parks have been crowded for like 3 years straight and haven't stepped into DCA since Guardians opened so excited to see all the changes.

I'm in the minority but I have tons of new things to see, so don't need the Halloween party to get me back. I am a little bummed because DCA had a cool party last year but there is always next year they can make it up

Reactions: Mad Dog and Andysol
Looking at the TP app., IOA & Studios appear to be fairly busy today, in relation to capacity levels. It's a weekend and I guess the locals are out & about. Wondering if there's been any increase in the very low to date hotel occupancy?

Reactions: Andysol
Looking at the TP app., IOA & Studios appear to be fairly busy today, in relation to capacity levels. It's a weekend and I guess the locals are out & about. Wondering if there's been any increase in the very low to date hotel occupancy?
Definitely busier than last week in the parks. HRH also much busier. Will check on expected numbers later

Reactions: Mad Dog
I know our family friend is still working for WDW but we didn’t talk any further about the parks or anytbing and I didn’t force anything to ask. That being said they didn’t say the parks weren’t opening so idk I’d say they’re planning to at this moment but what do I know.

If anything I doubt the NBA happens so I think opening is even more likely then.

There's an unsubstantiated rumor spreading that several Gringotts TMs were tested positive for COVID-19. This is untrue and now TMs at the attraction are being confronted in the park. Stop.
I get what you were going for here, but you’re speaking to the wrong crowd as it’s very likely not the people on this forum that are the problem and you posting this did more harm I’m afraid as I’d bet most of us didn’t know of this rumor before you posted (I know I didn’t).

Status
Not open for further replies.