Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth be told...I can't believe how smooth things went for opening on a Saturday. Count me impressed Disney.
Sure, but they limited the amount of reservations so much they probably lost more money by opening than remaining closed.

The amount of dunking I saw on Disney yesterday was insane. Not from theme park fans but from regular old weird Twitter.

That PR video was a huge misstep :lol: They were already getting roasted and then they dropped that and it was the perfect format for everyone to make it into a huge meme dragging Disney.

Stuff like this is always an interesting reminder of how much larger WDW is than UO in the public eye too. UO opened up with way more ease and managed to skate by for the most part compared to what Disney saw.

I just looked at attraction line times on the Touring Plans app.
11:50 AM
MK: Just about everything was 5 or 10 minutes....7 Dwarfs 20 minutes, BTM 25 minutes, Splash 30 minutes
AK: .....Everest 20 minutes, Flight of Passage 10 minutes, Navii River 15 minutes, everything else 5 minutes

IOA: Doom 40 minutes, FJ 30 minutes, Hagrid closed, Hulk 60 minutes, JP 35 minutes, Spider Man 25 minutes
USF: Gringotts 25, Trandformers 20, Simpsons 20 minutes, most everything else 10 to 15 minutes.

Last edited:
just odd to me. I do want to take the wife to studios if we find the time, but I do not understand WDW's options. Something like FL res 109 per day down to like 70 a day for four days that do not need to be used consecutively, but then it suggest I need to use the ticket within 5 days...maybe I need to think about two to three days, but I won't find that kind of time to dedicate to WDW....not in five days?!?!?!?

and I just want to walk around outside, we also would never last w/ mask on outside in July, had a short trial early in ye ole' town.

UOR would still be the better option for me. I think for now I would just try and run out to BGT (since we got a fun card or something at the end of last year that I think still works ;-)

I just looked at attraction line times on the Touring Plans app.
11:50 AM
MK: Just about everything was 5 or 10 minutes....7 Dwarfs 20 minutes, BTM 25 minutes, Splash 30 minutes
AK: .....Everest 20 minutes, Flight of Passage 10 minutes, Navii River 15 minutes, everything else 5 minutes

IOA: Doom 40 minutes, FJ 30 minutes, Hagrid closed, Hulk 60 minutes, JP 35 minutes, Spider Man 25 minutes
USF: Gringotts 25, Trandformers 20, Simpsons 20 minutes, most everything else 10 to 15 minutes.
A lot of rides at Universal are having to social distance and (in Dooms case) already had a low capacity. Many rides at Disney aren’t having to be anymore socially distanced than normal except for like on the Jungle cruise or something when groups of separate parties are coming close to each other or on the boat rides, etc.

Obviously I’m simplifying, but I think that’s making a major difference and you can’t really judge wait times for anything right now because of ride distancing.

A lot off rides at Universal are having to social distance and (in Dooms case) already had a low capacity.

Many rides at Disney aren’t having to be anymore socially distanced than normal except for like on the Jungle cruise or something when groups of separate parties are coming close to each other or on the boat rides, etc.

Obviously I’m simplifying, but I think that’s making a major difference and you can’t really judge wait times for anything right now because of ride distancing.

Just spitballing, but could it also be largely due to blockout dates? For Disney, Silver & lower passes are blocked out through August 6th. None of the UO passes are blocked out currently for USF/IOA. With locals being the main draw currently, that may play a role.

The reservation system may scare some people off too. I thought it was much harder to get a reservation than it really seems to be after looking into it yesterday. :shrug:

A lot off rides at Universal are having to social distance and (in Dooms case) already had a low capacity.

Many rides at Disney aren’t having to be anymore socially distanced than normal except for like on the Jungle cruise or something when groups of separate parties are coming close to each other or on the boat rides, etc.

No doubt. I'm not making a statement there, only throwing the times out for info's sake. So, I don't see why you're alluding to me making a judgement on times, I didn't do that.... These are covid line times so they can't be compared to regular times.....That said.... But covid times generally IOA has longer lines most days than USF, and Doom is mostly at 10 minutes or so most days . My guess is that since most guests are probably locals, than tourists, IOA is more popular since it's more of a thrill ride park than USF.

No doubt. I'm not making a statement there, only throwing the times out for info's sake. So, I don't see why you're alluding to me making a judgement on times, I didn't do that.... These are covid line times so they can't be compared to regular times.....That said.... But covid times generally IOA has longer lines most days than USF, and Doom is mostly at 10 minutes or so most days . My guess is that since most guests are probably locals, than tourists, IOA is more popular since it's more of a thrill ride park than USF.
I understand, just wanted to throw that out there. Universal seems to have gone the way of just skipping rows on rides while WDW put plexiglass barriers up even on ride vehicles so their ride capacity wouldn't be hurt as much.

I think if my Dad saw that number he'd say, yep that's about right for a Disney park.

So, wait, if I'm understanding correctly, 100% capacity for that park is 100,000 people. How?

EDIT: Or is this a joke?
Not a joke.

It's only happened a few times, but with the expanded hub and the addition of new fantasyland which has room to roam, along with opening up backstage paths, the park has roughly a true capacity of 100,000 when they are really pushing it on a night like New Years Eve. I know, because I worked on one of the nights it hit that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.