Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal is running TV ads in the Pittsburgh market now, First I've seen any in a long time..... Universal: We need you. We need you to come back. 2 days free with purchase of two days. Safety mentioned
with free masks. No horror mentions. Mostly Potter, Hulk, Minions......Interesting
Sounds like the same commercial they’ve been showing out here for a few weeks.
But seriously why would anyone willingly live in California?
I’ve lived in Florida, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Texas, and California.

I actually feel safe in California.

Universal is running TV ads in the Pittsburgh market now, First I've seen any in a long time..... Universal: We need you. We need you to come back. 2 days free with purchase of two days. Safety mentioned
with free masks. No horror mentions. Mostly Potter, Hulk, Minions......Interesting
I think it's more "plan your Christmas/future trip" than "come down right now for Halloween stuff". Markets outside of Florida/Georgia/Alabama are generally plan months in advance trips rather than spur of the moment unless you have an annual pass and come down on a regular basis.

I've seen several for UOR and Disney here in SC as well.

Good to hear that Universal & Disney are trying to be aggressive in attracting out of state tourists. They haven't thrown in the towel at this point in time.......I read a Disney report the other day that their WDW attendance
split remains at 50% out of state, 50% Florida residents. It said the normal split is 80% tourists 20% Florida residents. While not great, even at reduced capacity ceilings, at least it shows there's not a total collapse. of tourism.

Was it the hurricanes?
I was born and raised in Florida. Hurricanes are nothing. I’ve actually flown BACK to Florida for hurricanes. I’ve lived so many places because of the military.

It’s the people (in the broadest sense) and and the feeling that the state governments care about the well-being of people. While the continued lockdowns in California are aggravating and financially damaging for many, there is no argument that the state doesn’t care about the HEALTH (and welfare) of those people.

Last edited:
But seriously why would anyone willingly live in California?

You're telling me you don't like earthquakes, wildfires, high taxes, huge homeless population and our governor slow to open our theme parks?

Joking aside, besides the abundance of theme parks, CA is so culturally diverse which brings some of the best food around. The weather is great year-round. I'm an hour away from snow in the mountains in the winter and 45 minutes to the beaches. There's so much history, things to see and do here. Can't imagine living anywhere else.

I was born and raised in Florida. Hurricanes are nothing. I’ve actually flown BACK to Florida for hurricanes. I’ve lived so many places because of the military.

It’s the people (in the broadest sense) and and the feeling that the state governments care about the well-being of people. While the continued lockdowns in California are aggravating and financially damaging for many, there is no argument that the state doesn’t care about the HEALTH (and welfare) of those people.

Does CA have a better social safety net than the rest of the country? Because to me it seems like the worst of both worlds. Like if CA had Canada-level safety net, I could agree with you.

If govt isn’t going to do anything to take care of us financially, I’d like to have some modicum or being able to live my life. Clearly the protests weren’t super-spreader events since people were wearing masks, which is why Newsom’s refusal to let the parks open is so infuriating to me. This virus isn’t going away ANYTIME soon—it is foolish to assume there’s going to be a vaccine soon to save us all—so while we need to take precautions for sure (masks, lots of testing, six feet), we can’t be putting our lives on hold “until this is over.”

Last edited:
Well, I didn't expect to see this email I just received from Loews hotels (many many times customer), especially in relation to half the hotels being presently closed, HHN cancelled, and
covid distancing restrictions. I took it for granted that Xmas festivities would be curtailed. And, who knows, perhaps they'll rescind this offer in the future. But as of now Loews is advertising/marketing
that all their hotels will be open for the Holiday season. They are also advertising the following Holiday events *Wizard World Holiday, *Holiday Parade featuring Macy's *Grinchmas *and more. And they listed all of the
on site hotels with the following rates. (Update:Offer good through Dec. 25)
...................................................low as
*Dockside & Surfside...............$79 a night
*Aventura..................................$94 a night
*CBBR.......................................$94 a night
*Sapphire...................................$119 a night
*RPR..........................................$169 a night
*Hard Rock................................$199 a night
*Portofino..................................$204 a night
Of course, anything is subject to change. But this suggests Universal & Loews are going to give the Holidays the old college try, or a Hail Mary pass. ....and pray that lots of people book vacations.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't expect to see this email I just received from Loews hotels (many many times customer), especially in relation to half the hotels being presently closed, HHN cancelled, and
covid distancing restrictions. I took it for granted that Xmas festivities would be curtailed. And, who knows, perhaps they'll rescind this offer in the future. But as of now Loews is advertising/marketing
that all their hotels will be open for the Holiday season. They are also advertising the following Holiday events *Wizard World Holiday, *Holiday Parade featuring Macy's *Grinchmas *and more. And they listed all of the
on site hotels with the following rates.
...................................................low as
*Dockside & Surfside...............$79 a night
*Aventura..................................$94 a night
*CBBR.......................................$94 a night
*Sapphire...................................$119 a night
*RPR..........................................$169 a night
*Hard Rock................................$199 a night
*Portofino..................................$204 a night
Of course, anything is subject to change. But this suggests Universal & Loews are going to give the Holidays the old college try, or a Hail Mary pass. ....and pray that lots of people book vacations.

Wow. Those are some tempting rates for anybody on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.