This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not seeing anything either but would not doubt they have done it and have yet to make a statement because...people will crap on them either way

On a Facebook group I'm apart of has posted pictures of characters without masks. So they are now not required outdoors at the park, hopefully indoor comes within the month

Reactions: Ron101
Is that in stores only? Not seeing anything when I search online...

Not my photo. Pulled from FB. Credit: Yen Pang. At Burbank Costco. Seems like a Costco in-store exclusive. Curious about the blackout days. This is priced at the Neighbor Pass, but has 210 days for 11 months so it seems something between a Neighbor and Silver Pass.

9744B535-6B87-419B-B956-53B39C154C05.jpeg

Not my photo. Pulled from FB. Credit: Yen Pang. At Burbank Costco. Seems like a Costco in-store exclusive. Curious about the blackout days. This is priced at the Neighbor Pass, but has 210 days for 11 months so it seems something between a Neighbor and Silver Pass.

View attachment 15886

Interesting! If anyone can find out about blackout dates for this pass that would be much appreciated!

Attendance is definitely low right now. This should bring some people in!
What will bring people in is events and new attractions

Like we have nothing...nothing new until maybe the end of the year. I get they want to not spend too much but they need to get someone in who can plan fun "little" events. Have a Dinosaur Weekend and bring out every kinda Dinosaur you can have for meet and greets and do some mini shows in the Plaza area....bam

How much did that really cost? And I'll come in more but this spend nothing and want more guests isn't working, we are too used to LT events and new things and they need to find ways to be bringing in new attractions. Escape rooms or VR rides seem to be killing it Japan, why not try these?

What will bring people in is events and new attractions

Like we have nothing...nothing new until maybe the end of the year. I get they want to not spend too much but they need to get someone in who can plan fun "little" events. Have a Dinosaur Weekend and bring out every kinda Dinosaur you can have for meet and greets and do some mini shows in the Plaza area....bam

How much did that really cost? And I'll come in more but this spend nothing and want more guests isn't working, we are too used to LT events and new things and they need to find ways to be bringing in new attractions. Escape rooms or VR rides seem to be killing it Japan, why not try these?

I don't disagree about adding smaller or more seasonal events like you mentioned (a la Knott's). I think that sometimes as theme park fans, we forget to look at things from a general guest's point of view. A good deal on a season pass can absolutely bring people in. FWIW, it would bring me in - and I still haven't been on the new Secret Life of Pets ride or Jurassic World.

I don't disagree about adding smaller or more seasonal events like you mentioned (a la Knott's). I think that sometimes as theme park fans, we forget to look at things from a general guest's point of view. A good deal on a season pass can absolutely bring people in. FWIW, it would bring me in - and I still haven't been on the new Secret Life of Pets ride or Jurassic World.
except USH does already have a well priced season pass, only a bit more than a day ticket. I agree that sometimes we forget to look at the GP view, but in this case it's pretty clear; USH is not getting guests into the park

I feel like maybe I've become a bit to negative regarding the park, but when UOR, and even nearer parks like DL and Knotts, seem to have stuff going on year-round, idk it's just kinda disappointing to me

except USH does already have a well priced season pass, only a bit more than a day ticket. I agree that sometimes we forget to look at the GP view, but in this case it's pretty clear; USH is not getting guests into the park

I feel like maybe I've become a bit to negative regarding the park, but when UOR, and even nearer parks like DL and Knotts, seem to have stuff going on year-round, idk it's just kinda disappointing to me
The Ap's now are basically the price of a ticket
So I agree, its not the price its what they are doing in the parks that is the issue.

I know SLOP is great and it is but we needed the Yoshi ride...its a people eater and literally would not have taken up much more room and if the raids aren't in the land...lol
I don't know why the land is even coming because the point of a new land is to sell more things which yes they will but if the Power Bands have no use then your missing out on easy money

Overall I think they just need someone better at planning small events hired at the park. Give them a 3D printer and let them go wild and do lots of small events in the year. They should make a space on the lot for VR/escape room attractions and have some fun tie in with big films/movies coming out

I'm sure Arcane season 2 would love a VR ride, an Office themed escape room would be fun and so on....it all feels to me like easy wins that the leadership is just not wanting to risk because maybe people wont come but start small and see what interest people to come back more and sure they will make bucks of money with some effort...and if Knotts can do events then my god Universal has the funds to do more

I honestly don't see the attendance problems. With that said, USH was too strict on the mask policies and it is what has kept me away. The policy of having to wear it inside or outside while in the park, then going onto citywalk and being able to remove it outside was ridiculous. On top of the front line employees who felt that had to tell each guest to pull their mask up or the park was going to close was ridiculous. In addition, the tour guide constantly telling you to put it on, while studio employees were driving or walking past you on the lot with no mask.

Anyone who has visited Magic Mountain (same county) since they re-opened realized they did not enforce the mask policy while in the park. A couple employees would try, but not to the level that USH was doing it. It just got annoying being in USH when supervisors and managers would say nothing to you, but an entry level employee would keep telling you to put your mask up.

MM was barely every checking for vaccines or negative tests either. Only on days they knew they would go over the mega event limits, and even then, that was questionable. USH made their own rule and checked everyday, regardless of attendance.

People such as myself will only take so much of being asked to mask up or show papers or negative tests.

Not trying to start an argument with anyone, you can do what you want. But at DL yesterday, we had so much fun not having to have a mask in our possession and just enjoying ourselves. Some people wore masks, most didn't. Some employees even wore masks. It's your choice at this point.

Thank you.

Reactions: Freak
Also, like… if the rule is you wear a mask… wear the mask. I agree the rule was excessive and nonsensical, but don’t make things harder for the employees - they don’t like this, either.

Fortunately, the outdoor mask mandate has been dropped, but… let’s try and be respectful.

I honestly don't see the attendance problems. With that said, USH was too strict on the mask policies and it is what has kept me away. The policy of having to wear it inside or outside while in the park, then going onto citywalk and being able to remove it outside was ridiculous. On top of the front line employees who felt that had to tell each guest to pull their mask up or the park was going to close was ridiculous. In addition, the tour guide constantly telling you to put it on, while studio employees were driving or walking past you on the lot with no mask.

Anyone who has visited Magic Mountain (same county) since they re-opened realized they did not enforce the mask policy while in the park. A couple employees would try, but not to the level that USH was doing it. It just got annoying being in USH when supervisors and managers would say nothing to you, but an entry level employee would keep telling you to put your mask up.

MM was barely every checking for vaccines or negative tests either. Only on days they knew they would go over the mega event limits, and even then, that was questionable. USH made their own rule and checked everyday, regardless of attendance.

People such as myself will only take so much of being asked to mask up or show papers or negative tests.

Not trying to start an argument with anyone, you can do what you want. But at DL yesterday, we had so much fun not having to have a mask in our possession and just enjoying ourselves. Some people wore masks, most didn't. Some employees even wore masks. It's your choice at this point.

Thank you.
yeah attendance is an issue the park is closing at 5 or 6 pm on most days

Id like it open later so I can go after work or on weekends nights

Which is why I’m in huge favor of removing the boring studio tour in favor of park expansion/2nd gate. That tour USED to be the draw to the park decades ago but not anymore, and nostalgia from older guests is the only thing keeping it around. Many were way too harsh on that survey the park sent awhile back about condensing the studio tour and making it up-charge like Warner Bros, that was a PERFECT idea and would’ve benefitted the park, giving them the daily crowds that WDW, UOR, and DLR get. All the other Universal parks do just fine without the tour.

Also, like… if the rule is you wear a mask… wear the mask. I agree the rule was excessive and nonsensical, but don’t make things harder for the employees - they don’t like this, either.

Fortunately, the outdoor mask mandate has been dropped, but… let’s try and be respectful.

True, but never said I wasn't respectful to any employees.

Seeing as how USH is located in LA County, they are required to follow LA County masking and vaccine check rules. Disneyland is not in LA County.

But who is enforcing it when they had it? Again, MM was not enforcing at all, there is no evidence they were ever fined, AND they were never shut down. Just like other businesses and restaurants were never shut down ever again.

We already have threads dedicated to covid and restrictions conversations. It doesn't belong here. I don't want to hear it.

Thank you.
Tbh I’ve stayed away from USH since opening night of HHN for the same reason. I decided to get my park fix in by going to Knotts instead. I decided to go USH for an hour for the first time since then on Thursday and, while I obviously wore a mask indoors because of the rules there, it was nice to not have to wear one outside.

Also they didn’t check for my vaccine card when I went.

I agree that if that’s the rule, then that’s the rule. What can you do? I have noticed with a couple of employees that have been enforcing has let it get to their head but a lot of others were being as nice as they could be about it. But hopefully LA County will go with the direction of everywhere else and ease the restrictions so I can fully enjoy myself like I was when I was at Disney last Spring.

I don’t intend to turn this into another Covid policy thread but just wanted to throw my two cents out there.

Reactions: tacalert

Thank you.
That is an LA County thing, if USH had its way i am sure they would be no mask or vax requirement

Reactions: Freak