Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean....we all knew it was going to be this

They could have added the Tree with the Boat at the Top and made it badass....but this is what we get

During the day its.....meh...but hopefully at night with Fireflies...we can ignore how it looks in the day

Honestly, I think it looks pretty. Is it anywhere near as iconic or recognizable as the old Splash facade? No, but if they discovered they couldn't make the blue sky boat or tree ideas work logistically, at least it will fit into the surrounding Frontierland just fine, and the bridge will retain some of Splash 1.0's ability to cause guests to gather and watch the ride operate regardless.

Oof. The biggest sin is what (appears to be) a lack of stakes/urgency in the ride's storytelling. Going from a rabbit who has to escape the jaws of death to a princess trying to find the secret ingredient for her party is a wild downgrade. Plus, this is now the fun princess ride that some little girls will not be tall enough to enjoy.

Reactions: Freak
Oof. The biggest sin is what (appears to be) a lack of stakes/urgency in the ride's storytelling. Going from a rabbit who has to escape the jaws of death to a princess trying to find the secret ingredient for her party is a wild downgrade. Plus, this is now the fun princess ride that some little girls will not be tall enough to enjoy.
Won't argue on other parts

Snow Whites Mine Cart is 38 inches to ride and Splash was 40 inches. No one seems to have an issue with Snow whites height and that coaster is made for kids

Yeah, I think the issue will be kids that are tall enough but are scared off by the big ole drop out front.
I mean....I went on Splash when I was......maybe 5. My brother went on Jurassic Park (now JW) at Universal at 5 as well

I won't fault some kids from not wanting to ride it but it's been a family thrill ride for.....years and no issue. It's not like Splash was an adult themed ride it was clearly also aimed at families
Just my two cents, I think you can criticize the look of the....hill but I think its not going to change much being a "princess" ride at the end of day for 99% of guests

Snow Whites Mine Cart is 38 inches
Hmmm... Snow White looks a lot taller than 38in. Maybe the 7 D are just extra short lol...

In regards to the drop, as a Jurassic Ride-Op, my first question to kids/families that were "too scared" because of the drop was "Have you been on Splash Mountain at Disney?". If they say yes, I told them they could ride Jurassic easily. Because the drop is only half the size of the show building.

The other question I'd ask is what have they been on? If they've ridden Mummy/FJ, I tell them Jurassic is nothing. I had a few families & even an elderly lady come find me after/later thanking me for encouraging them to ride it. And then they went for round two, which I would tell them not to wait in that line & took them through express.

Even with the new retheme, the drop is still steep/intimidating for guests because they can physically see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: GA-MBIT