Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Late 2024)

Splash was my fav WDW attraction. It always put a big smile on my face. I will miss it greatly. Hopefully, it's replacement will be close to as entertaining. The new theme has promise. But fingers
crossed on whether the present weak group of Imagineers can equal Splash.

I'm not worried about the creatives, I'm worried about everyone else in the approval/budgeting line. :lol:

I'm wondering why this is opening in late 2024, If they move fast they could get it done by Summer 2024. But it seems Disney moves somewhat slow on projects. This also has me wondering how fast they will move on the Avengers E ticket at DCA...

I'm wondering why this is opening in late 2024, If they move fast they could get it done by Summer 2024. But it seems Disney moves somewhat slow on projects. This also has me wondering how fast they will move on the Avengers E ticket at DCA...

I think Splash is a unique situation with it being a flume and lots and lots of concrete.

Looks like I'm the outlier here when I say good riddance. Terrible ride. Princess and the Frog will be much better.
You're not.

Splash, like a ton of other attractions in MK, needed an overhaul yesterday

I don't think the ride was "terrible" by any means, but I will agree with anyone who says it needs to be updated

It's quasi-political culture war stuff that is irritating

Most of us can pretend we all didn't have a great time on the rides as a kid, but we did

The weirdly monolithic status that some Disney rides get is why CEOs think it's ok to run them into the ground

Splash was one of those rides, and I hope the new version is successful, for our sake.

I think Splash is a unique situation with it being a flume and lots and lots of concrete.

This. I think people are underestimating how big of a change this will be when Song of the South and Princess and the Frog take place in two very different environments.

This. I think people are underestimating how big of a change this will be when Song of the South and Princess and the Frog take place in two very different environments.

And neither of them are Western-related, which is a big challenge of the retheming.

Looks like I'm the outlier here when I say good riddance. Terrible ride. Princess and the Frog will be much better.
Well, it will be the same ride. It will be better because the ride won't be broken. Yes, getting rid of the problematic history of the ride is also good, but more than anything, this ride just needed to be stripped like old rides do from time to time and to fix any issues regarding mold or anything of that nature, ensure the building is stable, and then also to create a ride experience that isn't broken every time people ride it, which Splash has been for years.

And neither of them are Western-related, which is a big challenge of the retheming.
Honestly, they could do a big renovation of that side of the park, finally retrack Big Thunder and rename the land Grizzly Gulch and change the name of Big Thunder to Big Grizzly like in Hong Kong. Boom. Problem solved. Grizzly Gulch, while it is the parks equivalent of Frontierland in HKDL, the word 'Frontier' not being in the name would help a lot with theming sort of getting especially out of whack.

I know Splash was out of place in Frontierland too from Day 1, but it looked the part a bit more than Tiana's will.

Magic Kingdom and Epcot are the nursing home of rides.

When one finally dies it's kind of sad, but like...it was crapping itself in bed

Last edited:
Splash was my fav WDW attraction. It always put a big smile on my face. I will miss it greatly. Hopefully, it's replacement will be close to as entertaining. The new theme has promise. But fingers
crossed on whether the present weak group of Imagineers can equal Splash.

Amen! I'm not apologizing for loving Splash Mountain. I loved the characters, theming and most of all.....the music. It was a tremendous feat of Imagineering. The next iteration of this ride?....meh. I can't say that the construction walls plastered with "Southern Dome Salt Company" gets me excited......it sounds like one of those silly backstories for Disney Springs.

I enjoyed Splash, but I also feel almost nothing in terms of it going away compared to most old rides that close. Why is that? The ride literally is not going anywhere and I know that.

I liked Splash, but I’m looking forward to what the future brings with Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

Well while some of you never connected with the ride, it got me to read when I was younger all the Books with the characters in it and it was pretty much always crowded unless it was winter...and heck even at peak times in winter it still got a line

It's a wonderful mistake of a ride....it was going to be based off the awful Splash movie in the 80s, and the Imagineers found a way to operate "America Sings" old AA into the ride ad the music and ride is just a fantastic value. While other thrill rides are over in 5 mins or less, Splash is around 10 mins and just very well themed with nature and the cartoon characters.

The things I do hope they improve on is the Q, which is just kinda bare bones and the nighttime look of the ride which looks great if they keep the ideas from the concert art.

Well while some of you never connected with the ride, it got me to read when I was younger all the Books with the characters in it and it was pretty much always crowded unless it was winter...and heck even at peak times in winter it still got a line

It's a wonderful mistake of a ride....it was going to be based off the awful Splash movie in the 80s, and the Imagineers found a way to operate "America Sings" old AA into the ride ad the music and ride is just a fantastic value. While other thrill rides are over in 5 mins or less, Splash is around 10 mins and just very well themed with nature and the cartoon characters.

The things I do hope they improve on is the Q, which is just kinda bare bones and the nighttime look of the ride which looks great if they keep the ideas from the concert art.
It's a great ride and should be celebrated for many things.

It is a really fun and well paced flume ride (even though I like a few others more)

Unfortunately Disney Adults are crazy so the send off was a bizarre virtue signaling contest

But like Nick said, it's really not changing all that much so...yeah lol

Maybe already mentioned but apparently the boats are out of the flume and the flume is drained. Also, the train tunnel has black tarps over the windows where you used to be able to see into Splash.

It's a great ride and should be celebrated for many things.

It is a really fun and well paced flume ride (even though I like a few others more)

Unfortunately Disney Adults are crazy so the send off was a bizarre virtue signaling contest

But like Nick said, it's really not changing all that much so...yeah lol
I mean, I really hope so but its funny they let the Pooh ride just sit there dying at Disneyland along with Tommorrowland but...this ride hadddddd to be redone first.

Also yeah Disney fans are nuts and doesn't reflect the ride as people that are greedy and trying to sell water from the ride....like if your doing this look at your self in the mirror

I am interested to see what Imagineering comes up with. There is a lot of pressure on them with this one.

That said, there is no restaurant close by to retheme (like in Disneyland), and if they really want to win over the vloggers, they should drop 3-4 1926 themed ODV/food trucks around the rides entrance plaza with Tiana's World Famous Beignets/Chicory Coffee all day. Bananas Foster Beignets, Gumbo, Crawfish Etouffee, and Muffuletta Sandwiches after 11a. Essentially a 1926 N'Awlins Food Truck Plaza.

If they wanted to be a little bit extra, a small Zydeco live music group (similar to Dapper Dans) would really would bring "The Disney Difference".

Last edited:
I am interested to see what Imagineering comes up with. There is a lot of pressure on them with this one.

That said, there is no restaurant close by to retheme (like in Disneyland), and if they really want to win over the vloggers, they should drop 3-4 1926 themed ODV/food trucks around the rides entrance plaza with Tiana's World Famous Beignets/Chicory Coffee all day. Bananas Foster Beignets, Gumbo, Crawfish Etouffee, and Muffuletta Sandwiches after 11a. Essentially a 1926 N'Awlins Food Truck Plaza.

If they wanted to be a little bit extra, a small Zydeco live music group (similar to Dapper Dans) would really would bring "The Disney Difference".
I’m sure people will like it but with rumors the villain won’t be on the rude because story I doubt it will live up to splash in a few ways sadly

also I hate story in theme parks that ruin for ideas
Luke everyone wants friends from the other side being played as you go up the finale hill but it will most likely to dig a little deeper….just sucks because Keith David have us one of the last fun Disney villains