Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if it'll still be called Splash Mountain? It won't make much sense anymore, but the name is iconic.
Everyone (Well at least everyone I know) is still going to call it Splash Mountain. I don’t see people saying “Hey let’s go on Princess and the Frog!” They’re going to likely keep calling it SM simply because the name has stuck and is iconic and the former is just a mouthful to say.

EDIT TO ADD: Though this isn’t an official confirmation that it’s happening, I’m wondering if the voice actress for Tiana simply said this to force Disney’s hand to doing it after all this time? Or maybe I’m wrong and they had too much stuff going on to tend to this immediately?

2024 makes sense as they’ll probably close the ride when TRON opens, and if Tron opens later this year like many think, that would still give them roughly 18-20 months of construction for it to be open by Memorial Day Weekend 2024. It’ll close January 2023 at the latest.

Reactions: Tbad556
Disney has subtly walked back that date:

2024 makes sense as they’ll probably close the ride when TRON opens, and if Tron opens later this year like many think, that would still give them roughly 18-20 months of construction for it to be open by Memorial Day Weekend 2024. It’ll close January 2023 at the latest.

By Disney's standards, I don't think that's very much time (Maelstrom to Frozen was about two years, and that’s a much shorter ride with less extensive show scenes).

Two ways to potentially look at that timeframe (if close to accurate), one optimistic, one pessimistic:

Optimistic: Disney doesn't need a ton of time because the bulk of the infrastructure (sets, animatronics) will likely remain intact (or subtly redressed).

Pessimistic: Disney doesn't need a ton of time because a lot of the experience is going to be projection-based.

The name never made sense.
They actually called it Splash Mountain to appease Eisner, who originally called for a ride based on the Tom Hanks Touchstone movie “Splash”. Not sure hat else they would’ve decided to name it that was SotS themed. Maybe “The Briar Patch”?

I'm expecting the name to just be something simple like "Tiana's Bayou Bash" that most guests will probably just informally shorten to "Bayou Bash".

Reactions: JS610
How to get a new name...what is the name of the biggest mountain in New Orleans, one with waterfalls?
Apparently Song of the South takes place in Georgia, which is barely more mountainous than Louisiana and actually farther from the Wild West than New Orleans is.

Source: spent four years of undergrad visiting different SEC towns, can even remember some of them.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
@Joe and I just rode Splash this morning and it definitely needs help and the retheme would be it’s best chance to make it relevant again. Hopping brer rabbit not working, no laughing place fountains, audio not working at the top of the hill just before briar patch drop, and just overall outdated. It needs to go. Rip, tear, kill.

Am I the only one not excited for this and wants Disney to build Tiana her own exclusive ride ?

I’m not saying they shouldn’t update Splash to be less problematic.

But why can’t they do a full expansion of existing land or better yet create a new one ?
I'm not sure what they would do with Splash sans Tiana...

It's basically partially built on such an irrelevant IP in the first place that it feels almost like an original creation

Shoving a relevant IP into it seems like a way to bring it up to today's standards of what the Disney parks are

@Joe and I just rode Splash this morning and it definitely needs help and the retheme would be it’s best chance to make it relevant again. Hopping brer rabbit not working, no laughing place fountains, audio not working at the top of the hill just before briar patch drop, and just overall outdated. It needs to go. Rip, tear, kill.
If that’s all that was wrong, that’s like the best it’s been in years.

At the end of the day it’ll be essentially the same ride so anything is better than what it is now tbh. My concern is that they’re going to rip out all of the existing AAs and add back 3-4 of the advanced ones in ways that can’t be B-moded away, like Elsa in Epcot. Or they’ll have a B-mode that becomes the de facto A-mode after a few weeks, like the finale Kylo.