Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm sorry, but none of these photos are convincing me that either the tower or the mountain behind it are "large".
I believe the tower's placement is meant to make the "mountain" look SMALLER. It's intentionally attempting to downplay the old mountain to make it more realistically sized as a mine entrance in New Orleans.

I'm sorry, but none of these photos are convincing me that either the tower or the mountain behind it are "large".
The Tower certainly doesn't look large at all from most angles, but I also think the point of the tower is to make the "Salt Mine" look smaller. The tower is most convincing from that straight on angle where it towers over you. On the ride it will appear fairly large I assume as you ride directly under it before going up the lift hill.

Yeah, I'm in the boat that the tower is fine, the tiara however just kind of sticks out in an odd way. Even though it does have the cute detail of Evangeline and Ray, but I think that could've somehow been incorporated without the tiara.

I really wish they stuck with the OG art.

The OG art was good. I just do not get the direction they're going now

Big same, but this is one of the biggest issues I have with Disney's tendency to announce stuff way too early. The concept art that's presented at the initial announcement is often before things are finalized, thing end up changing in one way or another, and the final product doesn't quite match.

Sometimes it's not too bad, but in this case the OG concept art looked great and what's being built doesn't look as impressive. Mama Odie's boat in the tree had the potential to be a stunner, especially at night. But anything we've seen of the actual version doesn't look like it'll come close.

The kicker is, they've could've had a legitimate reason to scrap the boat in the tree, but even if they did or didn't...because they posted that concept art in official capacity, that is what we built our hype/expectations on, and anything less that that feels like a downgrade.

I'm reasonably confident the interior/ride path of this attraction is going to be -- at worst -- pretty good.

The exterior, though, is not doing it for me. Disney's caught in a scale catch-22: you can't have a plausible "mountain" in the bayou, yet you need something plausibly tall enough to justify a pretty substantial thrill element (the 50+ foot drop). Adding the tower seems to be an attempt to address that, somehow, but it just makes the scale of the area even more confused.

In my view, of course.

I'm reasonably confident the interior/ride path of this attraction is going to be -- at worst -- pretty good.

The exterior, though, is not doing it for me. Disney's caught in a scale catch-22: you can't have a plausible "mountain" in the bayou, yet you need something plausibly tall enough to justify a pretty substantial thrill element (the 50+ foot drop). Adding the tower seems to be an attempt to address that, somehow, but it just makes the scale of the area even more confused.

In my view, of course.

If I were in their shoes, I would use a large tree (ala Tree of Life size) to hide what used to be a mountain with enough other smaller trees in front to prevent guests from realizing exactly what it is doing. Create a swamp-like setting out front with the big dominating behind.

If I were in their shoes, I would use a large tree (ala Tree of Life size) to hide what used to be a mountain with enough other smaller trees in front to prevent guests from realizing exactly what it is doing. Create a swamp-like setting out front with the big dominating behind.
I would just embrace being in the Magic Kingdom, and having fun with it. Instead, they’re trying to be Harambe at DAK.

Or, take away the whole mountain and make the show building the supermarket Tiana has opened like a Walmart with a flume ride waving in and out of. It's less weird than opening a supermarket in a mine.

• Haha
Reactions: SkiBum
From BlogMickey, Tiana's new adventurer look has debuted.
84754816-73e8-4b92-b3ad-1f71189c574f.jpg

This is what she'll look like on the ride. Until then though... she's unrecognizable. Like if I didn't know because I follow this stuff, i'd have no idea that's supposed to be Tiana because that's not what Tiana looks like in the movie.
tiana-bayou-adventure-indoor-full-2048x1152.jpg

This is what she'll look like on the ride. Until then though... she's unrecognizable. Like if I didn't know because I follow this stuff, i'd have no idea that's supposed to be Tiana because that's not what Tiana looks like in the movie.
Typical WDI getting too cute. I do not know why they are so allergic to embracing the source material of this IP...

From BlogMickey, Tiana's new adventurer look has debuted.
84754816-73e8-4b92-b3ad-1f71189c574f.jpg

tiana-bayou-adventure-indoor-full-2048x1152.jpg

“What if we made a Princess ride without making her a Princess.”

Typical WDI. Too cute by half