Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ticket Concerns

Feb 6, 2014
Hello Everyone,

So my dad and I have been coming to Universal every year since 2011 for HHN and he passed recently. Before he passed he purchased our annual passes and unmasking the horror tour. I will be bringing his card he used so I should be able to get my pass without any problems but my main concern is the UTH tour. Would I be able to have someone else take his spot? I did call guest services and they mentioned I would just have to talk to them in person and explain the situation but I just wanted to see if I could get as much info as I could before I fly down from New Hampshire in the fall.

Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

So my dad and I have been coming to Universal every year since 2011 for HHN and he passed recently. Before he passed he purchased our annual passes and unmasking the horror tour. I will be bringing his card he used so I should be able to get my pass without any problems but my main concern is the UTH tour. Would I be able to have someone else take his spot? I did call guest services and they mentioned I would just have to talk to them in person and explain the situation but I just wanted to see if I could get as much info as I could before I fly down from New Hampshire in the fall.

Thanks!
Sorry for your loss.

I would try calling again. Sometimes you can get a phone rep that doesn't fully understand what the ask is or doesn't have the right amount of training. I know with basic stuff it's hit and miss. I couldn't even begin to believe that they would not let you have someone else join you in the face of a tragedy. Especially after last year, it would be a PR nightmare for them I would think.

It sucks to talk about and it's the last thing you want to be reminded of while you're supposed to be having fun on vacation, but after my father passed away we were told to bring a copy of his death certificate and we could get a prorated refund for the parts of his leftover ticket that were never used. Seemed a little drastic for the situation, but I guess without proof anybody could gamble with karma whenever they wanted in an attempt to be refunded. Personally, I don't think they will give you any trouble about the UTH tour, but I think it would definitely be beneficial to have if you wanted to pursue a full refund on that unused Annual Pass.

I hope your visit is a nice distraction and break from real life. I'm sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
Sorry to hear you lost your dad. If you happen to be his personal rep to dispose of his estate bring paperwork to that effect and something to prove your relationship as Sledge said below. Again sorry he has passed
It sucks to talk about and it's the last thing you want to be reminded of while you're supposed to be having fun on vacation, but after my father passed away we were told to bring a copy of his death certificate and we could get a prorated refund for the parts of his leftover ticket that were never used. Seemed a little drastic for the situation, but I guess without proof anybody could gamble with karma whenever they wanted in an attempt to be refunded. Personally, I don't think they will give you any trouble about the UTH tour, but I think it would definitely be beneficial to have if you wanted to pursue a full refund on that unused Annual Pass.

I hope your visit is a nice distraction and break from real life. I'm sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
Sorry for your loss

While I don't know how it works exactly since he booked everything, I have had people I was planning to go on a tour with drop out and I was able to have someone else join in their place without issue.

Usually the private tour reps at 866-346-9350 are the best for working out issues with the tour related questions