Ticket Price Increases For Disney | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Ticket Price Increases For Disney

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not really. I freaking love Busch Gardens Williamsburg and visit 1 or 2 times a year. It's a great park.

But it's not as good as Universal or Disney, sorry. If you're not a roller coaster fan, your options are limited to a single, incomprehensible dark ride, a terrible Soarin' knokoff, or kiddie flat rides. The coasters are great, don't get me wrong. And the food is as well. But it doesn't have well rounded offerings like the big 2.

As for Six Flags, my local one is fine for a day. But it certainly is not more comfortable, and they certainly don't do a better job of keeping the parks clean.

True, they Orlando offers more then one day, but that's because there is more then one park. And if your not a coaster fan, how about flat rides (The non kid ones)? Six Flags tends to be full of them. And there are quite a few cedar fair parks spread around the country too, not to mention the smaller guys. If flat rides and coasters are out then what your looking for are clearly immerse theme dark rides, which falls in what I said Orlando does well.

Like I said, the Six Flags parks I've been to since they did their turn around have been cleaner, with more trash and recycle cans. Haven't been to them all since. But I spend a lot of time in Orlando parks, and they don't do that great a job at keeping them clean either. Comparing the time I've worked at Orlando Parks to the time I've worked at a regional park (and from talking to others who have worked at regional parks) the regional parks tend to have more people out there actually cleaning. Again, just based of my experience and conversations.

In the end if your looking for immerse theme then Orlando is the place to be, and you'll pay extra for the show. If it's the rides you want then there are other options.

Regional parks and less recognizable theme parks know they have that power and use it to their advantage. It's only $10 more to add Water Country USA to your Williamsburg stay. Dollywood is $57, and their flex 3 days Waterpark/Themepark ticket is $89. Orlando is very much a destination above Sandusky, Pigeon Forge, and Branson but the parks, especially Disney are underestimating that their premiums could hurt them.