Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tigris Launch Coaster - Opening 2019

I truly believe an RMC will open a floodgate of sorts for BGT to become more aggressive again.....If it boosts attendance, which I think it will
I know a lot of people who would make a first trip for a large RMC here, many who just need to be persuaded to take a drive from Orlando on vacation. I think a larger than normal RMC investment would be good for the park.

I know a lot of people who would make a first trip for a large RMC here, many who just need to be persuaded to take a drive from Orlando on vacation. I think a larger than normal RMC investment would be good for the park.
I mean, I'm getting a pass that year haha

Outside walls painted green as well to match their current colots, are they finally going to replace the old logo at the ,main enterance with the new green one that they redid in 2013 lol?v The redid the entrance and signs to the new logo at BGW awhile ago, and idk why they are just finally getting to this. Maybe for the parks 60th anniversary next year? The paint on the wall was getting faded and need a redo in my opinion.

Outside walls painted green as well to match their current colots, are they finally going to replace the old logo at the ,main enterance with the new green one that they redid in 2013 lol?v The redid the entrance and signs to the new logo at BGW awhile ago, and idk why they are just finally getting to this. Maybe for the parks 60th anniversary next year? The paint on the wall was getting faded and need a redo in my opinion.
I noticed that... It looks kind of plain IMO. The old look was getting faded but at least it had some flair; now it looks like it could be the wall of a residential neighborhood. The same goes for the entrance signs. They need to be touched up but I'd rather have the "wild" sign than just some basic green 2-D logo. If they want to give something a new paint job they ought to start with their roller coasters, then continue with all of the faded buildings in Pantopia, and then give Stanley Falls Flume a new look. Aaand, let's give Stanleyville a nice upgrade to go with Tigris.

I noticed that... It looks kind of plain IMO. The old look was getting faded but at least it had some flair; now it looks like it could be the wall of a residential neighborhood. The same goes for the entrance signs. They need to be touched up but I'd rather have the "wild" sign than just some basic green 2-D logo. If they want to give something a new paint job they ought to start with their roller coasters, then continue with all of the faded buildings in Pantopia, and then give Stanley Falls Flume a new look. Aaand, let's give Stanleyville a nice upgrade to go with Tigris.

Calm down lol. Pantopia looks great and it was just redone in 2014 so its fine for a few more years. They said when they redid the land there will always be people touching up the paint and making it look nice each year! I think they're finally replacing the old logos outside the park to the new green logo when they redid it in 2013. I really dont care what logo they use at the front of the entrance to the parking lot, but the outside walls were faded and deserved a touch up for sure. They replaced the old logo for the new one at adventure island pretty fast as well a few years ago. I only think scorpion deserves a repaint since its been 14 years since it last got one and maybe it can in 2020 for its 40th anniversary, sand serpent could use one too but its not faded that badly since its pretty shady where it is located. Kumba last got one one in 2010 so maybe 4 years it can get a repaint for its 30th anniversary would be awesome! But Busch does a great job on repainting all their coasters and making sure the paint is not faded on it for more than a year. Im sure they good keep track of it.

The comfort collars on Electric Eel have been replaced with smaller and less noticeable straps. Apparently they allow for a much more open and free ride experience.

I can only assume that Tempesto will have the new ones installed over the closed season and Tigris will have them when it opens this spring.

Last edited:
he comfort collars on Electric Eel have been replaced with smaller and less noticeable straps. Apparently they allow for a much more open and free ride experience.

I can only assume that Tempesto will have the new ones installed over the closed season and Tigris will have them when it opens this spring.
Tempesto already had the new collars installed on one car in August or September

Calm down lol. Pantopia looks great and it was just redone in 2014 so its fine for a few more years. They said when they redid the land there will always be people touching up the paint and making it look nice each year! I think they're finally replacing the old logos outside the park to the new green logo when they redid it in 2013. I really dont care what logo they use at the front of the entrance to the parking lot, but the outside walls were faded and deserved a touch up for sure. They replaced the old logo for the new one at adventure island pretty fast as well a few years ago. I only think scorpion deserves a repaint since its been 14 years since it last got one and maybe it can in 2020 for its 40th anniversary, sand serpent could use one too but its not faded that badly since its pretty shady where it is located. Kumba last got one one in 2010 so maybe 4 years it can get a repaint for its 30th anniversary would be awesome! But Busch does a great job on repainting all their coasters and making sure the paint is not faded on it for more than a year. Im sure they good keep track of it.
Eh... I'd have to disagree. Pantopia really doesn't look like it's been touched up since it became Pantopia, which is unfortunate because a big part of its appeal compared to Timbuktu was the dramatic colors on the buildings and walls. Many of the darker colors have faded quite a bit, and in places the paint has stripped down to the old colors from people touching it. Scorpion for sure needs an update, but there are others that could use a repaint as well, especially Kumba, Montu, and Cheetah Hunt.
Anyway, I will stop hijacking this thread and say something on-topic. Does anyone think there's any chance of the area surrounding Tigris getting a makeover? The stuff they did with Cheetah Hunt, Mako, and Cobra's Curse improved their respective areas a good deal, but right now the construction fences don't go outside the queue.

Busch are one of the best parks when it comes to repainting of coasters. Montu & SheiKra have been fully repainted in the last few years alone. It costs hundreds of thousands to repaint a coaster.

Tigris_001.jpg

Credit to thecoasterkings.com