TODAY Cafe | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

TODAY Cafe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've always wanted to undertake a daylong Universal version of EPCOT's 'drinking around the world', hitting both parks and taking a drink at every place that sells booze.
This place just became stop number 1 :toast:
If you turn right as you enter and wait til all the carts/ bars are open I bet you don't get to DA before you need a li'l sit down :toast::cheers::party::party::lmao::puke::sleep::yuck:

If you turn right as you enter and wait til all the carts/ bars are open I bet you don't get to DA before you need a li'l sit down :toast::cheers::party::party::lmao::puke::sleep::yuck:

I don't even see the point, given how much if Universal is fairly generic booze. I suppose if I limited it to exclusive drinks I might be in.

Can't even fathom what a negative reaction to this would be. Do you know how many people visit the Today Show and the NBC Studio Store in NYC? Hope they also figure out how to get some of the logo and merchandise items for purchase in the space.

Can't even fathom what a negative reaction to this would be. Do you know how many people visit the Today Show and the NBC Studio Store in NYC? Hope they also figure out how to get some of the logo and merchandise items for purchase in the space.

People want to complain about everything and anything.

Reactions: truejonas
Does it bother anyone else that they're theming this to look like Studio 1A from Rockefeller Center, but it's in the Hollywood section of the park? Or am I just nitpicking? I get that Comcast wants their brand identity splashed over the park, but it's confusing the overall theme of the park itself.
I can see the issue, but I would honestly never notice.

The reaction to this on Facebook has proved to me that people will never like what Universal does regardless of what they do

They add a new dark ride, people say add a coaster...They add a coaster, people say add a dark ride
They refurbish an ugly cafe...people get oddly butthurt because it's replaced by the Today show...The most happy go lucky news show on TV

I can't wait to see how they complain about the new park honestly, it's entertaining

Does it bother anyone else that they're theming this to look like Studio 1A from Rockefeller Center, but it's in the Hollywood section of the park? Or am I just nitpicking? I get that Comcast wants their brand identity splashed over the park, but it's confusing the overall theme of the park itself.

Retheme production Central to NYC and it's a whole big NYC area.

The reaction to this on Facebook has proved to me that people will never like what Universal does regardless of what they do

They add a new dark ride, people say add a coaster...They add a coaster, people say add a dark ride
They refurbish an ugly cafe...people get oddly butthurt because it's replaced by the Today show...The most happy go lucky news show on TV

I can't wait to see how they complain about the new park honestly, it's entertaining
Oh man my favorites were Comcast is ruining the parks because of this, no one will come to the parks for this, or the twitter reply of why not the WWE HOF restaurant. Like wut?

It's basically Production Central. I'm not bothered

Retheme production Central to NYC and it's a whole big NYC area.
I mean that works, hadn't really put much thought to whether or not to consider that Production Central or Hollywood. Still, the architecture for everything around it is based on Hollywood, so it'd be quite the undertaking to make it all NYC.

Average guest isn't gonna have a clue that anything is different, it'd just be nice if they stayed with any semblance of the actual park themes that were already established instead of an increasingly random hodgepodge of IPs in each area.

Reactions: natespf

Exactly. That's why I never pay heed when posters bring up negative reaction stuff from twitter, facebook, Disney bloggers, Disney oriented sites, You Tube, other social media whenever Universal opens up something new. Those people are almost always Negative Nellies to anything Universal. However, if Disney announces a new bathroom, they'' 'gush' all over themselves. They are very predictable, and we really shouldn't even bother re posting their BS,since it's so obviously biased to the nth degree.

Exactly. That's why I never pay heed when posters bring up negative reaction stuff from twitter, facebook, Disney bloggers, Disney oriented sites, You Tube, other social media whenever Universal opens up something new. Those people are almost always Negative Nellies to anything Universal. However, if Disney announces a new bathroom, they'' 'gush' all over themselves. They are very predictable, and we really shouldn't even bother re posting their BS,since it's so obviously biased to the nth degree.
Well, unless they announce something new for Epcot...Then everyone starts griping again

I wonder if any of the complainers realize this is a small cafe and just saw Today Cafe assuming it as some new big restaurant in CityWalk or similar....
Yeah, I don’t think most realize how small this actually is and how few can even fit inside.

Would love an SNL Comedy Club at CityWalk someday if they want to insert another iconic brand of theirs to the resort.

To be fair, my only complaint would be they put the dark ride in a park that could've used another coaster (or screenless ride) and the coaster in a park that could've used another dark (or indoor) ride.

Not that people still wouldn't complain. It is the internet, after all.

I wonder if any of the complainers realize this is a small cafe and just saw Today Cafe assuming it as some new big restaurant in CityWalk or similar....

Exactly. This is one step removed from "Universal is changing their cart in San Fran to now sell donuts instead of churros".

It's such a non-issue. The exterior look for cohesiveness/an attempt to improve the entrance is significantly more important than what's inside. And even that is a minor issue.