Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Top 25 Horror Nights Houses - Orlando

Top 5 houses the last 5 years will be easy to pick because they shouldn't be debatable, the bottom of the list can be debatable but so far so good IMHO.

I agree that Cabin shouldn't have made the list (Nightmare on Elm Street probably should've gone in its place), but so far the list is pretty justified. I'm sure things will become more in contention as you get closer to the top 10.

can't wait to see the rest! ONE THOUGHT THOUGH... there was that meat process company i think it was the blood n gutz one that was (to me) one of the best houses in the disaster queue think it was in 2009 or 2010 anyone know which one im talking about?

it had a looping video being projected in the line as you waited to go in.. and it was like the 50's or something

OK i think i got it.. Leave it to cleaver not sure if it was consistently running at the level of the night i visited but man everyone in my group that night agred that one was great

Last edited:
Maybe at the end of this we will post our individual Top 25's so everyone can see the difference in opinion just between the 3 of us lol

I can honestly say that I respect your opinion, but you would be in the minority. It won house of the year, and got a sequel based on the strength of the cast. Only reason we listed it was because of that cast.

I can honestly say that I respect your opinion, but you would be in the minority. It won house of the year, and got a sequel based on the strength of the cast. Only reason we listed it was because of that cast.

I Know but it is how I felt about both of the Havok houses and I am fine with being in the minority, at least I am consistent, besides I have to keep up my rep as a hater!~
A few houses have won HOTY that I didn't enjoy either, and for me there is more to a great house than the cast.

Definitely a cool article. I couldn't disagree more with TCM and Winters Night. Why they're on the list and not IT is very strange but hey different strokes. Interested to see what's next...

I Know but it is how I felt about both of the Havok houses and I am fine with being in the minority, at least I am consistent, besides I have to keep up my rep as a hater!~
A few houses have won HOTY that I didn't enjoy either, and for me there is more to a great house than the cast.

I def agree about the first Havoc. Too repetitive. I can care less if it got house of the year. Catacombs was much better.

Now Havoc Derailed was absolutely fantastic. Easily in my top 3 last year.

Last edited:
That's what makes HHN so funny and unique. Catacombs to me was a nice house but boy do I know there's so much love for that house. The few times I went through the cast (for me) never delivered.

Trust me when I say I know bad houses (I've scared in worst of worst) and Havoc Derailed was pretty terrible. It's all in fun to debate the list is a respectable manner.

I definitely think we should release our individual lists at the end of this. For me, I've only been since 17.. but the difference in rankings in some houses are pretty substantial. I personally had Interstellar Terror, Winter's Night and Texas Chainsaw Massacre in my top 10. Either way, it makes for fun discussion.

This is all for fun and is just opinion. Please respect everyone's own opinions! Fun debate. Horror Night houses are much different than standard attractions. I think most people will agree Spider-Man is an incredible attraction, but not everyone will say Nightmare on Elm Street was an amazing house. So this should be fun!

Well the thing is with houses is that they could be the best thing ever or absolutely terrible in different run throughout. Take silent hill for example, that was one of the scariest houses for me because everybody got me at a time when I was somewhat alone, but everybody I know hates it because it was admirably bland. My point is this is a list based off times spent inside of them, no run through is exactly the same so what might be a crappy house for you might be number one on someone else. Brian thought cabin was iffy while Drew and hate loved it and that's perfectly fine. We all love HHN so much that there are really no wrong answers here...unless you put havoc II at number one

Thus why I can't believe people who only go one night to the event.

Like Afterlife on EP night. It was cool, kind of like wtf did I just walk through. Then after opening weekend. I changed my thoughts real quick. Havoc Derailed was the same each time I went through it.

Maybe at the end of this we will post our individual Top 25's so everyone can see the difference in opinion just between the 3 of us lol

Great idea.

Surprised TCM beat out NoES as the best of the "HHN 17 movie houses" (I'm assuming Jason house is a non-starter). Thought TCM was kind of hampered by its Disaster queue location, while NoES made the most of being in a soundstage, at least until vandals utterly destroyed the house about halfway through the event.

Didn't get the love for Interstellar Terror back in 2008, don't get it now. Was in my bottom half that year (admittedly against stellar competition in Dead Exposure, The Hallow, Scary Tales III, Body Collectors II and Creatures). Never immersed me the way those other houses did.