Torture Faire (HHN 33) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Torture Faire (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
last year for vamp 69, a lot of guests dressed like hippie vampires to walk around that zone, but what if this year people just wear burger king cardboard crowns for this zone lol :nervous:

Really enjoyed my time in this zone this weekend! Loved the variety of costumes, people in the street, and all the massive prop stages

Definitely did not get that they were cutting out the dude's tongue in the mini-show until the 2nd watch with Sinster in attendance. I know it's unpopular, but victim-oriented shows definitely freak me out and get me spooked/hyped more than just menacing villains.

Really enjoyed my time in this zone this weekend! Loved the variety of costumes, people in the street, and all the massive prop stages

Definitely did not get that they were cutting out the dude's tongue in the mini-show until the 2nd watch with Sinster in attendance. I know it's unpopular, but victim-oriented shows definitely freak me out and get me spooked/hyped more than just menacing villains.

The show moments throughout the zone really added a lot for me. In addition to the tongue cutting, some of the scare actors would do bits with that ox oven thing and the iron maiden. Those victims were robotic, but there were still lighting and sound cues to make them sing.

Easily the best zone this year. All the bellyaching about the "cheap" stage look was for naught - it looks fine to actually quite good in proper lighting/final set dressing. You've got your garden variety expected characters (evil king, queen, executioner, plague doctor, knight) along with some more inspired victims and antagonists (the amount of torture devices on live actors was legitimately impressive). People don't tend to go for me in Orlando zones, but this area had by far the highest attempt rate, and one or two did make me jump. I was always delighted to walk through and even slow down a bit here, which I'd argue is the goal of a zone at this point.

The show moments throughout the zone really added a lot for me. In addition to the tongue cutting, some of the scare actors would do bits with that ox oven thing and the iron maiden. Those victims were robotic, but there were still lighting and sound cues to make them sing.

Easily the best zone this year. All the bellyaching about the "cheap" stage look was for naught - it looks fine to actually quite good in proper lighting/final set dressing. You've got your garden variety expected characters (evil king, queen, executioner, plague doctor, knight) along with some more inspired victims and antagonists (the amount of torture devices on live actors was legitimately impressive). People don't tend to go for me in Orlando zones, but this area had by far the highest attempt rate, and one or two did make me jump. I was always delighted to walk through and even slow down a bit here, which I'd argue is the goal of a zone at this point.
Totally! Pyramid head (bishop?) got me good after I was done watching the show. I nearly smooshed my ghostbusters smore

I’m a big ren faire nerd so I’m biased, but if I could ever vote on future zone-to-house pipelines I think this one could be really fun

Totally! Pyramid head (bishop?) got me good after I was done watching the show. I nearly smooshed my ghostbusters smore

I’m a big ren faire nerd so I’m biased, but if I could ever vote on future zone-to-house pipelines I think this one could be really fun

I actually don't disagree with that. They'd need to build out a built more of a clear plot/premise (i.e. why has this Renn Faire gone off the rails, or who's responsible? Doesn't need to be Hamlet, but something as simple as "a deranged troupe travel the country luring in suspecting Faire-goers..."), but I can totally see it working with tent interiors and some outdoor sequences. A "jousting" puppet (or bloody aftermath) would be lots of fun.

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this zone. The show moments were really nice and allowed a group of very talented performers to riff and do a bit of improve with guests. Some of the costumes were also a lot of fun (the doctor is definitely a favorite of mine). I could absolutely see this becoming a house in the vein of Goblin's Feast.